• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A InFAMOUS vs Nasuverse match-up? In this current year?

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Alright, I'll begin this.

So first thing that's made apparent is the fact that while Cole's AP is comparable to that of Archers, Archers own physicality is significantly below that (For reference he has D rank strength and is comparable to weakened Saber under Shirou who can barely block attacks from Berzerker but is still severely hurt)

Cole only needs a couple hits in order to take Archer down, and he spams flight and ranged attacks like a madman.

Archers biggest trump card however, is UBW, which has higher AP, better Homing, and way better range spamming omnidirectionally

He has Rho Aias as well, though unless this blocks a strike in the proper direction it won't mean much.

Since this is SBA, I'm inclined to say Cole takes a very small majority, now if Archer can close the distance and activate UBW without taking damage, he should take this, as after that he's basically Cole but better

However, with the activation, Cole's AP advantage compared to his durability, Cole range spamming him to oblivion in character, Im inclined to say Cole takes the majority by a slight Margin.

Archer is vastly more skilled, remember, and can keep up with people who have comparable or greater AP advantages that Cole has here (Cu, Herc) via that skill.

It's worth mentioning that despite being massively outpowered Archer could still kill Herc six times. And in character, Archer range spams just as much as Cole, if we consider that they start at SBA range. And at range, he can bring in and fire NPs that can bring Saber to her knees in a couple hits, while she was blocking.

Cu is probably not the best example. He's physically comparable to Artoria under Shirous master during Fate Stay Night, he only has AP comparable to Heracles when summoned in Europe.

On top of this, Archer got destroyed by Cu in their fight, even citing that he would have died if he hadn't fought him previously.

Herc he was losing until he went UBW which is where Cole is going to dominate prior

I'm well aware of both, but I keep my vote

Cu actually is, because despite Archer having D rank STR and C rank AGI, he was able to keep up with Cu through Archer's unique version of sheer skill, despite Cu being more powerful, borderline blitzing, and more traditionally skilled.

Archer was destroyed by Cu because of Cu's PfA, which prevented Archer from using ranged tactics. Cu's PfA lets him simply ignore any porjectiles or ranged attacks which makes him perfect for fighting Cole now that I think about it

He was losing to Herc, however, it is a misconception that he used UBW. In the VN, he never did, and we still don't know just how Archer killed Herc six times, aside from Herc temporarily coming out of his madness to think that he would've loved to cross swords with him in a better scenario, and wondering how such a nameless hero became so skilled.

This is all to say that Archer is very skilled.

Archer is more skilled then Cole, I don't disagree there, though Cu only has C tank strength sp he's really not comparable to Herc who is A rank.

That seems like a bit of a jump to assume he could kill Herc six times without UBW though

That helps a bit.

May retract my vote depending on what else is brought up, but If still say Cole's initial range advantage will barely bet the win.

It's one way to handle an enemy who relies primary on a weapon, and another whom can just by default spam lightning from everywhere a la Palpatine accompanied by homing rockets.

I'm gonna guess this is the strongest Cole? Or is this pre-RFI?

Precision would be a helpful amp for Cole.

UBW is very powerful yeah. Though Ionic Vortex can help out on that. The biggest threat honestly is Rho Aias but I'm not sure if that itself can deflect omnidriectional attacks? It was used on UBW by Shirou but I'm not sure how different they are there since Shirou was basically accelerating his growth.

Also Herc has a different fighting stlye than Cole. I can easily see why Archer would have a better time handling him than say Cu or so. Herc doesn't have much going for melee and he does end up a bit 'haxxier' in terms of damage.

Also I will enjoy this match. Thank you.

Fun fact, apparently Infamous's final battle might have had a shout out to Fate due to "Future Self trying to kill you" with Archer Square.

It directly states how he was killed, and none of them were through hax. Additionally, we never see EMIYA pull hax based weaponry from UBW. Not that he couldn't, but he doesn't normally rely on them.

"First, both his legs are almost melted.
Second, there is the mark of a cut on his neck.
Third, his arm is barely hanging from his elbow.
Fourth, he is slashed from his shoulder to his groin.
Fifth, a large amount of blood is gushing out from his chest.
Sixth, his internal organs can be seen at his stomach.
"

Thank you!

Yeah see, this is the type of thing that makes me think-

Even if Cole just kept using lightning, Cole would've had several ways of winning against Herc. That does not sound like he has to die by a different element of attack but just by method.

No.

Cole's lightning wouldn't work. The reason Archer killed Herc six times is because he used six different NPs that were at least A rank.

Without that, he would have killed him at most once. Cole doesn't have six different powers, he just has Lightning and Ice. Once he's killed by those, Herc would gain absurd resistance to both of them and Cole would have no more options.

Now where does it say he used 6 different NPs though? NPs would basically fall int he same category as throwing an explosive weapon (Well a NP overcharged).

Except continuously amping himself up with Overcharge from RFI. He's basically the Beast at that point and is just gonna get stronger continuously which means he's gonna reach that Goth Artoria level amp.

Anyway I won't argue about this since this would mean derailing

I barely leaned on Cole when he had the RFI since flight was one of the biggest reasons he can range Spam Archer to Death before he pops UBW alongside him having near infinite electricity Spam

Without it, he can't sustain for long and Archer Spatially rips him to bits of he tries to recharge (Though Cole really can't cause SBA means Central Park)

Schnee One said:
Also what was Creature talking about Mami?
I was thinking of putting Mami up against a Servant with the skills and abilities to potentially counter her (Mostly thinking Arash at the moment), but Velox says I should hold off.

Yeah non-RFI Cole still needs to recharge from generators and such. If Emiya blows them up Cole's dead. Would be much much better if it's RFI Cole.

Also Cole dodges Cal, and has his own nifty Radar

Huh. Would Mami vs Cole work?

Schnee, whyyyy

As a small correction, UBW had nothing to do with beating Herk as far as we know. More like, UBW would be useless against him. Is impossible for Emiya to have A Rank NPs in UBW since they all get downgraded one rank, and activating it would only drain his Mana and give him a bunch of swords that Herk could easily ignore and run past.

I actually see him spamming Cole just as hard and just as much, the main problem being that he indeed doesn't have as much durability. Depends if he can dart around enough to use something like Caladbolg or another of his swords.

Lel

Makes sense, I thought it would be helpful for him but huh. I thought it would help him with haxx combos and such.

Also wondering, can't Cole catch some of his attack NPs and send it back a la Kinetic Pulse/Shockwave?

It should actually be able to help against Cole since then he can outspam him easily and Cole doesn't have anything like God Hand, just a correction.

He should be able to, but that's likely gonna make Archer go for Caladbolg or similar. Which means space twisting dura negating sword that affects a pretty large range (Archer didn't even shoot close to Medea but her barrier got destroyed and her body ripped up).

Oh that I won't deny. Cole's likely counter against that would probably be tornado and AOE shockwaves though

Makes sense. Can pretty much mess up someone bad, then again Caster wasn't the most durable usually. What other big weapons would Archer specialize in? Though it makes me think of Cole pulling a Lancelot by using magnetism to grab and slow the momentum so he could use it... Before it explodes lol

Keep in mind, Caster summoned a shield comparable to Herk's durability and it got ripped into pieces by the edges of the space twisting effect.

Sadly we never got to see too many from him, which always annoyed me a lot. We didn't see the diversity of the diverse dude as much as I would like. But Hrunting which continuously homes on its target is another option.

Tbf, it was a space haxx ability, which would ignore conventional durability by default

Agreed, along with Cu and Shirou, my favorite male chars in FSN. Hm, are those the twin small daggers? Destroying them would be a great option in that case

No, that's Kanshou and Bakuya which continuously attract each other. Hrunting is one of Beowulf's swords which Archer makes home in on his target, then he charges a second one for a little longer that moves faster and hits harder, then a third one for a longer moment than the second, then a fourth, fifth...

Ahhhh! And gotcha!

The major issue would be that he'd have to deal with a constant barrage of numerous homing lightning or elec explosive orbs from Cole at the same time.

And oooh dang just realized a dangerous weapon for Cole. Ionic Freeze's instant freeze. Can seriously come off as a surprise since it's usually used as ice spikes as an attack, but has the bonus of freezing whatever's in its path

Back