• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole Macgrath vs Blackbeard

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Since a good friend of mine rejoined the wiki, and suggested this match long ago, thought I would give it a try.

This is InFAMOUS 2 Good Cole without RFI vs Pre Time Skip Gura Gura No Mi Blackbeard, they are 25 meters away.

Cole MacGrath: 1

Blackbeard (One Piece):

Both of you can ask me if you have any questions, I know Pre Time Skip well and I know inFAMOUS very well

We don't equalize Haki with anything.

Though yes, his powers come from DNA and genetic mutations

I think Cole wins, Yami Yami no mi doesn't really do much here considering Cole's resistance to Power Nullification and if I'm reading Cole's profile right, I think he can absorb Gura Quakes but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Really? Well I guess Blackbeard still has the option of winning with his Quakes. Still Cole seems vastly more versatile and Blackbeard himself admitted he can't fully control the Gura fruit at this point. So yeah, I'll vote for Cole.

He doesn't have full control over them but he still certainly knows what he's doing. He studied Whitebeard for years and in his first ever usage he could replicate one of Whitebeard's higher end quakes. Also how good is Cole's resistance?

To Powernull?

Well Cole is the only one in verse who isn't affected by the RFI, which was capable of making The Beast (InFAMOUS) incapable of using his powers, and even temporarily KO him.

Schnee One said:
To Powernull?

Well Cole is the only one in verse who isn't affected by the RFI, which was capable of making The Beast (InFAMOUS) incapable of using his powers, and even temporarily KO him.
I mean... the RFI still killed him, so I wouldn't say he's completely unaffected.

Let me rephrase, he's the only one unaffected by an uncharged RFI, but that kinda did everything I mentioned anyway

What does the RFI do exactly and how does it null? We'd need to compare it's power null and how it works to BB's own power null to see how it works.

It hits you with a beam and your powers are useless, that's about the best way to describe it.

BB has nulled Logia but IDK what else.

Oh boy another inFamous vs One Piece match.

BB definitely has the edge in experience and AP, and the initial distance really puts Cole in the danger zone.

Gonna wait for more debate before saying anything big.

Although, I think Cole stands a high chance of resisting power null. The RFI was noted to "take powers away" and uses an energy source that is basically kryptonite to Conduits, and Cole was able to withstand numerous blasts from an uncharged RFI.

To put this into perspective, an uncharged RFI was able to null the powers of the Beast, whose powers were much more advanced and complex than Cole's.

A fully charged RFI did end up killing most of the Conduits around the world though.

Oh so they're more or less in same ball park, neat.

Well BB's darkness powers are gonna make it a pain for Cole to land a solid hit with his attacks, since they can pretty much absorb everything Cole can throw out.

The gravitational pull also looks like trouble since iirc it worked on people with higher LS than Cole, meaning that Static Thrusters won't help him escape. Although Cole resists absorption and power null so he's good on that front. It's mostly the BFR that looks troublesome.

InFAMOUS 2 Cole with the RFI can powernull and Evil Cole can pretty much null all of their abilities and crush them. But other versions of Cole lose kinda badly

Back