• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A InFAMOUS vs Nasuverse match-up? In this current year?

I'm back, currently setting up DnD stuff for my group.

Anyway, if RFI Cole gives him the best odds at winning but just barely, then we'll use that. You are now free to debate.

Yeah, Archer is likely toast. His best option would be disrupting Cole's ranged attacks with his own to escape, make distance or find a place where he can take a moment, and get one of his bigger toys out.

Yeah flight and range with RFI is what really gives Cole the win, without the former he gets Spatial dashed and without the latter Archer will likely deny him his chance at being able to absorb electricity

It's gonna be difficult for Archer to escape since Cole has his own nifty radar capable of tracking high speed targets. Plus, by that point, Cole will be hounding him with numerous types of homing projectiles (rockets, stalking grenades, bolts, lightning storms), and can even make the ground unsafe to be on with Ionic Freeze.

Cole's got long ranged methods of covering the ground and the sky, so Archer's gonna have to shoot and run if he wants Cole to back off.

Its worth mentioning that both would be extrememly mobile fighters. Archer would be roof hopping and intermittently throwing shots while Cole would be flying and spamming electricity.

The thing that really make the difference here is Archers skills and broken NPs, and Cole's energy and power moves.

Yup. Buuuuut Radar Pulse detects the supernatural like golems with no electricity and are just formed by telekinesis and anomalies. It should be safe to say he's got a good track of him

Nope. Their forms are just pure mana constructs piloted by spirits. What they have that are "organs" and "muscles" are just mana reconstructions.

More or less. Their brains and hearts aren't even lethal spots because they are important organs, but but because they connect directly to their spirit core that maintains their existence. If that either of those gets really damaged, the core goes bye and they dissipate nearly instantly.

Servants just completely lack body functions - even Mash who is a Demi Servant takes cold way below antartica on the winter like she's in a breezy park.

Will Coal be able to survive if EMIYA drops his space-spiraling missile? I don't see resistance to space manip on his profile, and if they are relative in power then Calabolg 2 may be too much for him

Schnee One said:
Literally flying out of the way
So Coal will need to be on the defensive then, and this sounds like a job for some Homing Broken NP. EMIYA has the advantage as long as he stays at range, and Coal getting too close means he probably gets out skilled

<Almost

Probably won't be enough, the Dude has Low Mid and can regen his stamina insanely quickly, it needs a flat kill to win

Even then a near miss is likely not happening, 4KM distance and speed equal and all

Considering the scale of Cole's attacks, he'll realize that some of his attacks are being 'disrupted' by some sort of force by that attack and would wisely lasso/fly/ice jump away. He's no slouch to fatal attacks and dodging

The main issue here is the constant bombardment he's gonna be dishing out on Archer.

Regenerationn? Sounds like Gae Bolg's gonna come I'm handy then. Toss that broken version and his regen won't be helping much anymore

EMIYA has homing attacks, it's only a matter of time before one lands. He can't even return fire with any weight because that just means Archer pulls out his conceptual defense, or blocks with sword spam (depending on what is getting used).

Gae bolg is one weapon and it isn't homing, not a problem.

One lands, and it isn't Gae Bolg he will regen

Even then, this doesn't matter, Archer needs to get close to use UBW.

Conceptual defense is a 90 degree defense, Cole can speed amp+Loop the projectiles around=Archer can't defend

Schnee One said:
Gae bolg is one weapon and it isn't homing, not a problem.
One lands, and it isn't Gae Bolg he will regen

Even then, this doesn't matter, Archer needs to get close to use UBW.

Conceptual defense is a 90 degree defense, Cole can speed amp+Loop the projectiles around=Archer can't defend
Don't like, all of Archer's weapons home to some extent? He also has Eye of The Mind so he will know exactly where, when, and how to shoot to have his attacks land, even at a drastically low probability

His legs will almost certainly be damaged in the blast, which means Regenerationn negating weapons follow like a hail storm

How close does he even need to be?

Since when? Yes, it is facing the front, but it's a conceptual bounded field. Please provide an example of someone attempting to bypass Rho Aias via attacking from the back

Funny enough, I don't think range has ever been an issue for users of UBW. Not saying there isn't a limit, but, I dont think it was ever addressed once

Caladabolg doesn't, Caladabolg 2 does to a very small extent.

His Eye of Mind isn't perfect, as attacks that don't have a probability of landing simply will not land and they can be intercepted.

Legs are completely meaningless to a flying character, so that's out.

Conceptually bounded field proves it's a 360 degree shield even though he literally has to Gesture in the direction of the orojectike to block it....How? Prove it's a 360 degree shield.

I think Archer would take this, barely, and it's pretty similar to his fight with Medea(I would think at least, range spam and all) and even with SBA we're still in Archer's effective range of 4km. Though Arhcer might get caught out in that span.

Apparently Cole is a notorious ranged spammer going off of Schnee, but I don't think it's a problem if K & B can take 6-C tier magecraft at a comparable rate of spamming, unless we're simply not going to use that for sake of keeping tiers entirely equal here. If we do take K & B deflecting 6-C tier magecraft here, EMIYA takes it, as this allows him to close the gap much easier by deflecting his lighting with the blades, and just getting up and personal with Cole. I do think something that would surprise EMIYA is Cole's resurrection, but if he notices Cole regenerating he'll probably use Harpe, which. even if it doesn't stop his resurrection, will leave his resurrected body in a dumpster tier state.

What's the extent of Cole's Ice Manipulation?

Figured, just wanted to throw it out there just in case.

It still took 7-A, but that's at least enough to remove my confidence given it's omnidirectional and not just from one direction.

I still don't know the extent of Cole's Ice Manipulation though, I feel like that's important here.

Cole's stuff isn't magecraft anyway, so he couldn't deal with Cole's Danmaku like with Medea's.

That said, that is a pretty good point. He has dealt with Medea's danmaku which is almost worse in pure numbers, but Cole will be smarter using it. The flying really ***** Archer, but at least he can match Cole in pure volume of Danmaku.

Worth adding that Archer is one of the few servants to actually make use of the spiritual form while fighting, as he goes into it when he changes positions to shoot from.

Imo if Servants can really abuse it it would be abused everywhere. I'm not quite sure I remember anytime he was constantly shifting positions to fight with that ability. Feels like a very big deal ability if every Servant can do it

Back