• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A ice elementalist fights a ice spirit with two personalities

Okay, maybe current Han isn't the best example. But bypassing physical nullifying effects to a small degree doesn't mean it deals "magical" damage. Idk what that is.

I see litentric commented, so I check it out

Yay for friends.

Also, I mean, no one can "grab" fire, but it still does physical damage to the human body in the form of a burn. Sure, these arrows can't be conventionally grabbed, but they still produce physical harm on the human body. They're not attacking the soul or someone's mind or something.

That said, can't really add much to the conversasion here. Don't really know either verse.

I should probably start watching/reading some new stuff, I've been a bit too busy with my dice calcs.

I am guessing that just watching Date A Live's anime won't be as good as reading it, right?

Ye, even if the anime is good (season 1), the novel add some stuffs but watching the anime is still good, i currently revise the verse in reading the LN (it's too long lol)

How is Yoshino stamina-wise? I assume it's pretty high since she's a spirit, but how does she fare compared to the other spirits? Also, how fast is her magic consumption? Just a thought, but if Yoshino can't control her unsealed form well, it could rampage uncontrollably, spamming attacks at such a fast pace her "mana pool" is deplenished quickly. I remember during her arc, that Yoshino couldn't control herself at all

@Golden

No problem, unfortunately, like risci, I don't have much to add here either. But I guess I'll be back eventually and look at the reasoning for each character since there are representatives.

Also, I'm going to be working on the Zatch Bell verse once I'm on break. I've done a calc for their speed, I just haven't gotten around to making a blog for it yet.

@GoldenScorpions Nope, thats because she lost Yoshinon (her puppet) without the puppet, she cant act normally, plus, she did not want Kill anyone, due to that, she let AST attack herself, without her defending herself, after that she became afraid of being alone she created an ice storm and a dome of ice (and froze the entire city) until shidou seal her power

she control her power but without yoshino, she doesn't act normally (but can still fight normally if she want to kill someone)

"Yoshino has not fully gained control of her Angel at its full power" <-- what does this mean exactly though? Berserk? Random attacks? Something else?

Also the Novel straight up says that the dresses/spirits weakness is lowkey reality warping, not magic. The AST uses their machines to recreate energies from the spirits' realm to attack them, not actual "Magic". You'd need something which bypasses their defense to hurt them.
Qrsd

"Magic The ability to allow manipulating aspects of reality (or all of them), bypassing the known laws of physics.

In most cases, use of magic requires special magical energy, often called mana. Mana may vary in quality and quantity across different mages. Accordingly, the magician or wizard whose mana is purer will have an advantage. His magic will be much stronger, and in addition the aforementioned magic user will be able to use more powerful spells."

Yeah, a generalized description doesn't remotly matter here. This is like me using the description of reality warping to argue for a character who has shown stuff completely different.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Sure, but the name doesn't mean much. It's the in-verse mechanics that matter.
Sure names mean almost nothing, so do general description alone, but together I see no reason why it shouldn't matter.

Back