• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A God of War vs A Sex Goddess - Mr. Wednesday vs Kiara Sessyoin

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
This should be fair, right?

Odi vs Kiara

5-A versions. Speed equalized. Win via SBA.

AmericanGodsO
I've seen a lot of women in my life, but you miss, are a marvel to behold.

Kiara Beast III-R
How sweet, it would be a shame to kill you...

Discuss.

I forgot to mention, but Wednesday gets Vulcan's sword as well.

She should be, she can grow big enough to destroy the world.

If that doesn't work, she can BFR him to the crab nebula.

Vulcan Sword ignores dura to an extent and can bypass immortality.

Also in the Hakuman thread, a clac was brought up that placed Vulcan's sword way above Wednesday's AP. It one-shot a weak New God, and was created specifically to kill the God Tier New Gods, which are unfathomably stronger than the Old Gods.

To put it into perspective, the New Gods are so high up there that Matt refuses to give them even an 'at least 5-A' rating.

The thing is, having something that specifically has an advantage over something else isn't necessary very powerful, especially if we combine the two universes.

Simple example from Fate: Fafnir Sieg (a Dragon) could take a Vasavi Shakti from Karna (an Anti-God Noble Phantasm that would be particularly effective against anything divine (yes, Mr. Wednesday would fall into that category)) and lose nothing more than a few scales (while protecting a human Mage at that--btw, the Mage was not hurt in any way). But when he's attacked by Siegfried's Balmung (an Anti-Dragon Noble Phantasm--still powerful, but nowhere near Vasavi Shakti), he's so badly wounded he needs to retreat immediately.

And yet, as I've mentioned above, Vasavi Shakti is a lot more powerful than Balmung. It's common canon knowledge.

So Vulcan's Sword would not empower Mr Wednesday against Kiara as it did against those New Gods. Especially since, going by the picture you're using, she's Beast III and not her Alter Ego. She's practically Desire given a vessel and a title. She wouldn't be a New God or Old God because Human Desire has been more or less the same since we Homo Sapiens came to be.

Just putting this out here.

For the outcome...I say it would end in steamy sex.

Vulcan himself was a New God, not a true one, but still much stronger than Wednesday. Vulcan himself has the faith of firearms, an American staple, whilst Wednesday has a day named after him. You can see the difference in power already.

Yeah, but I really call those two into question against Kiara.

Faith of Firearms: it means that everybody who believes in the power of firearms empowers Vulcan by a certain degree, yes? There are people who actually don't believe in them, and I'm pretty sure a small chunk of the world doesn't know about them and as such cannot 'have faith in' them.

If we're just going by America...that's not much of a base number. I don't know whose faith counts and whose doesn't, so please do enlighten me.

(Fate has a similar system, so I'm going on that at the moment.)

Now, let's explore the battle a little. Let's say Kiara is the invader in this case, and she's Independent Manifestation-ed herself into his universe. I assume Mr Wednesday would be most powerful on Wednesday for obvious reasons, so let's set it on a Wednesday in his universe.

It would still be a hard battle. No matter where or when she is, she's all the world's Desire PLUS her own power.

You want to get to work on time, that's Desire.

You want the traffic jam to end, that's Desire.

You want to get an A, that's Desire.

You want to make a sale, that's Desire.

You want to bone your hot friend, that's Desire.

You want to find something in the dumpster to eat or use, that's Desire.

You want to beat Kiara, that's Desire too.

Thing is, everyone in the world would empower Kiara simply by wanting and/or needing something. That's her power as Beast III. If the battle happens in her universe, then she'd be even more powerful because people believe in her.

Unless Mr Wednesday can create an environment where human Desire doesn't exist, Kiara will be close to full power. And keep in mind that the concept of Wednesday--or whatever it is that sustains his existence--still has to exist in that environment.

If Kiara realizes this and creates a Reality Marble, and THEN blur the concept of time (she can't erase it, that's another Beast or Grand Servant--but she can blur it in her Reality Marble, that's for sure), she can weaken Mr Wednesday because the concept of time, and subsequently Wednesday, is unclear now.

If you think I'm bluffing or exaggerating, here's an example:

Emiya Shirou has a Reality Marble in which he can recreate any number of weapons easily. In that Reality Marble--which would be vastly inferior to what Kiara can create--the concept of time is blurred. It's implied he fought Archer Emiya in there for nearly an hour, but when he stabbed Archer and the Reality Marble faded, it appears as though only around 10 minutes has gone by in the real world.

Eh, please enlighten me. I make it a point never to have a fixed opinion, so do bring me up to speed on your channel.

Anyways, I've decided that I'm gonna watch myself some Mr. Wednesday...

Okay, I've watched some of that show, and honestly, the world views are weirdly compatible/incompatible here.

By Fate logic, Wednesday would be immensely stronger than any of the New gods, because of his Mystery and his long History PLUS the strong faith of having a day named after him. A worthy match for Kiara. He'd get a Territorial Boost in Norwegian land too, but that's irrelevant.

The point is, if we use the Fate system, the Old gods would be using the New gods (who wouldn't even BE gods--they're just aspects of Humanity and Modern Culture given a form) as chairs.

But if we're going by American gods logic, then Kiara would thrash him because she's literally All the World's Desire. She's timeless because Desire is and always will be Desire no matter what. She's even stronger than Mr World in that sense.

Back