• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A fire elementalist tries to catch a fire spirit

Battle takes place in Hawaii in front of a volcano

Theme starts

https://youtu.be/JYoOyqCUK08

Kotori appeared!

Go! Scarlet!

.... Alright that's enough of that

Speed is equalized

Both 8-A (Current versions for both)

ClaireRG.png

Kotori_Itsuka_Spirit.png

Claire:

Kotori:

I'm leaning towards Claire on this one.

She has Kotori beaten in versatility, range, and numbers (2 vs 1), she resists her flames and can use her spirit to absorb them, making it stronger. They are equally smart and good tacticians. The only area Kotori beats Claire is physical combat, but that would be far from the first time Claire fights a melee-oriented opponent. Claire has higher Lifting Strength than Kotori, which would allow her to employ her usual strategy of binding her opponent with Flametongue

Claire also has more reliable recovery and stability than Kotori who, even with her Resurrection, won't last long as she can only fight for a short time before going berserk

True lol

About this thread, I vote later since I have some things I want to said:)

Like a large revision thread?

Claire for above-mentioned reasons.

And... one big problem for most of the STnBD characters: I cannot see calibers for the characters so most would just be barely above baseline by default.

Yeah, that's the issue. The LN isn't good at being precise when it comes to damage in fight scenes. As a result, I can't say how far into 8-A the characters are. If we consider they are baseline 8-A in Volume 1, then since they get stronger throughout the story, they go above the baseline. But there's no way to know how far into the Tier they are (based on Volumes 1-13, at least)

GoldenScorpions said:
Yeah, that's the issue. The LN isn't good at being precise when it comes to damage in fight scenes. As a result, I can't say how far into 8-A the characters are. If we consider they are baseline 8-A in Volume 1, then since they get stronger throughout the story, they go above the baseline. But there's no way to know how far into the Tier they are (based on Volumes 1-13, at least)
DAL spirits have greater demonstrations of great AP advantage even in sealed form I would say. In fact, according to here, the sister would have beaten the elementalist if the kitty elementalist cannot bind and spam range.

Still voting the elementalist here for bind and range attack.

The Causality said:
From what i know
Kotori literally One Shot
Like to hear your reasoning.

With some counters against what listed here.

@Huesito88 -- The "Unsealed Kotori at likely 7-B with Megiddo" thing is restricted/barred right?

Back