• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important Blade Dance upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back, I had started revisiting the Blade Dance light novel to gather feats for all characters, because the profiles are very lacking, minus the protagonist. I gathered everything up to Volume 12, with the most relevant ones recorded in this thread

I asked ShrekAlmighty for some help with estimating the AP of some feats. Here are the feats in question I asked him about:

• Claire: She can burn down a part of a forest around her to ashes instantly. She scales to 1 head of non-berserk Tiamat, which could mow down trees and level up straight lines of earth in a single regular attack
  • Rinslet: Scales exactly to Velsaria's cannons, which the latter used to bombard a plaza to destroy 2 berserk spirits. She dealt enough damage to eradicate them (normally, upon defeat, spirits return to Astral Zero) and turned many of the plaza's buildings to rubble
  • Ellis: Her spirit can open a large crater by crashing into it. Her tornadoes can mow down trees, even when the winds aren't directly on them
  • Fianna: Tanked Velsaria's cannons. Her strongest barrier is equivalent to a large castle in durability. Fianna's spirit blocked and resisted for a short time Dreadnought's (Velsaria's 20-meter tall spirit) downward assault, and sort of withstood the force's pressure and its weight, though cracks appeared in its armor and shield. Dreadnought's weight is enough to open a huge crater when violently landing (described as "meteor-sized crater" in the LN, but the wording might be an outlier)
  • Leonora: Can tank the recoil from attacks that would one-shot other elementalists like Claire
  • Rubia: Her spirit's flames burned and melted everything (floor, walls, pillars, ceiling) in the surrounding open-space area into lava. The heat produced can vaporize an elementalist at close range. Those happened in a sacred area with built-in fire resistance
  • Muir: One of her spirits one-shot Fianna's spirit, which tanked Velsaria's cannon attacks (see above). Her other spirit destroyed a city center by releasing a pillar of fire on it
  • Speed feat 1: O black blade of darkness, capable of crushing the scales of dragons, annihilate mine enemies -- ┬½Arc Blast┬╗. Instantly, numerous flashes of lightning descended from the sky, wiping out all the demon spirits in the area
  • Speed feat 2: Claire reacted to Rubia's Frost Blaze spell, stood up from her fallen and wounded position a few meters away, ran in front of Kamito, jumped in and chanted magic to block the attack. She did all that after Rubia had already casted her spell.
And here is the thread where he gave his answers. The tl;dr is that:

• The highest AP he estimated is 8-A from Claire's feat of burning a large forest part to the ground in an instant. As the main girls scale to each other in combat, it makes them all 8-A.
  • The 2nd speed feat would be Subsonic.
  • The 1st speed feat would be MHS+. There have been several instances where characters either dodge or rush to block such attacks. Like here:
a) Sjora's target was not Claire and Ellis in front, but Fianna behind them. By this point in time, «Save the Queen»'s effects had ended. Just as the attack was about to strike Fianna -- in that very instant, a figure rushed in front of her.

"Kamito!?" Everyone yelled out that name all at once.

Wielding the «Demon Slayer», Kamito neutralized the jet black lightning attack with one hand.

b) Let alone a human's mortal body, even mid class spirits would be instantly destroyed on contact.

Claire!

Kamito!?

Claire's eyes stared wide in surprise.
Infusing the «Demon Slayer» with maximum divine power, Kamito rushed before the ball of thunder. Gambling everything upon Terminus Est's trait of magical resistance, he used the blade to block the expanding ball of thunder.

c) «Vorpal Blast» was released from the dark demon sword in Nepenthes Lore's hand.

A dark thunderstrike that streaked across the ground in a straight line. Kamito barely dodged to find a large patch of forest behind him annihilated without a trace.

The final verdict would thus be: 8-A AP and MHS+ combat/reaction speeds

What do you think?

It should probably be kept at base. Without images, it's impossible to calc exactly how much it is. It's an estimation based on Claire's feat's destruction, after all, not a calculation.

a) She suddenly faced the forest and launched a fire-attribute spirit magic. It was Fireball — a high ranking spirit magic that would reduce a target to ashes with extremely hot flames. The red hot flames licked the ground and the nearby forest was reduced to ashes.

b) The released fireball drew an arch in the air, then exploded in a blast that even Scarlet was caught in. The shockwave of the explosion knocked down the trees in her surroundings and all the fallen trees radiated, turning to ashes in the blink of an eye.

c)"—Scarlet!" She called her flame spirit's name, which ran towards the demon spirit, devouring the surrounding forest with its flames.

@GoldenScorpions

Feats from Light Novels can still be calculated

Take a look at the ISSTH (I Shall Seal The Heavens) calced by TataHakai and at the INV (Invincible) and SA (Skyfire Avenue) from CrimsonAzoth

They're feats from LN's

Edit - Just read the passage. I guess it could still be calced by using the average size of a Forest

Huesito88 said:
Yeah I don't see where it ever mentions part of a forest and more like the whole thing.
The forest in question is gargantuan, and the fights happen only in small areas of it, so I don't think "forest" should be interpreted as the entire thing here. Besides, whenever such a destruction occurs in the series, it usually has the fight keep going in that same forest, with the rest of the trees still standing, and the characters simply ending up in another forest area as they run and clash.

ZackMoon1234 said:
Feats from Light Novels can still be calculated.
I'm sure they can. The issue here is that this series doesn't use distance scales in its descriptions, so I don't see how anything is calcable with so little information. Maybe it still can, I don't know.

Dude, I know how to make a profile. I've made around 50 already.

All I'm asking for is an answer about those estimations by ShrekAlmighty

Have you asked for help with calculations?

Okay. We preferably need a blog with calculations to link to though.

Anyway, I suppose that burning down a forest in an instant qualifies as 8-A per estimation, but blocking lightning is usually just MHS without a +, unless it is from less than 1.2 meters of distance.

The examples of them blocking lightning, it sounds like it's not cloud-to-ground lightning, not natural (it's black for example 1, and it's ball lightning which I don't think we have a legit speed feat to IRL) and I can't see a reason for it to be MHS+. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

One of Restia's attacks is described as is:

O black blade of darkness, capable of crushing the scales of dragons, annihilate mine enemies -- «Arc Blast». Instantly, numerous flashes of lightning descended from the sky, wiping out all the demon spirits in the area.

Rinslet has a Small Town level feat according to her profile.

"At most Small Town level (She can kill large ice dragons - that resist ice attacks - without too much trouble, and instantly freeze a giant sky fortress)"

Without a calculation that does not seem very reliable.

The current stats on the profiles are unreliable and blown out of proportion. That was the entire reason for me revisiting the Light Novel.

Okay. No problem.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back