• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few RWBY things

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
So, Oobleck is Low 7-C scaling from Glynda Goodwitch, who was downgraded to MCB+.

So I propose to downgrade him to MCB+ as well.

And I think that the Nuckelavee Grimm should scale to MCB+, given that it is implied to have killed multiple Huntsmen. Not sure if team RNJR should scale though, given that they had to work all together to kill it.

Thing is though...Glynda is a trusted member of Ozpin's inner circle, along with Qrow and Ironwood.

Would she really be weaker than them if she is able to be in the same circle that other Low 7-C's are in? Cause surely Ozpin would know she can defend herself just as much as the others..

Another thing is that Cinder was already a part of Team WTCH, so surely before he maiden powers, she is still comparable to the likes of Tyrian, and such Glynda should scale...

Maybe Oobleck can be downgraded, but i severely doubt Glynda isnt Low 7-C when she is vice principal in Beacon, a member of Ozpins secret court and such, and was able to fight Cinder with half maiden powers...

Glynda was basically equal to Cinder while the latter had only half of the maiden powers. The same Cinder who fled when Qrow faced her.

Full power Cinder scales from a 1,2 kilotons feat. That's almost baseline Small Town level. And who says that she was already comparable to the others? Tyrian did managed to match Qrow. Half power Cinder didn't.

And if we use the "comparable to team WTCH" thing, we end up scaling half power Cinder from Full Power Cinder. Which doesn't work.

Also what about the second part of the post?

Really though. Would we call that interaction between Glynda and Cinder a true fight. Cinder was basically stuck in one position, while Glynda primarily was trying to take down the plane. I wouldnt have it as something we should primarily scale from.

Cinder fleeing from Qrow really doesnt mean anything either, it could just be tactical retreat. I mean, they didnt make such a big fuss when Mercury spotted him in V3 E3. They were also worn down from the fight with Amber, and Cinder most likely knew a plan on how to obtain the rest of the Maiden power

Well, firstly, Hazel did say that cinder should of been able to fight off a Silver Eyes, who we have seen at most by Ruby, being a Small Town level feat. She was probably only as damaged as she was because of her maiden powers with that "crippling weakness". So therefore Base Cinder should also be Low 7-C, though she is much higher in Low 7-C with the maidens power.

Even so, that doesnt explain my other reasons for Glynda being Low 7-C either.

Idk about the Nuckelavee honestly, i made that page just cause i thought it was missing, but seeing as how fairly easily it was able to body RNJR until the end, and the fact its probably the strongest grimm apart from the Dragon. Its probably MCB, but i only listed it as a simple possibility for Low 7-C

Scaling characters to each other because they're part of the same group is like saying Batman is 4-B due to being a JLA member.

"Not sure if team RNJR should scale though, given that they had to work all together to kill it."

Whether or not the fight was a group effort is fairly irrelevant when the members of RNJR were individually able to harm the Nuckelavee and take its attacks.

The Everlasting said:
Scaling characters to each other because they're part of the same group is like saying Batman is 4-B due to being a JLA member.
Thats a different story (though Batman certinly can reach 4-B with prep)

Its Salems inner circle, surely they would all have be at the same level, or at least a level that impresses her. Also, since Hazel said that they could take down Silver eyes, which are Low 7-C in Rubys case, that should make Base Cinder scale to Low 7-C, as thats at least the minimum requirement to be in the group.

Surely though you dont doubt Glynda isnt Low 7-C right?

Okay first of all I want to mention that Watts said even without the Maiden's power Cinder should have been able to easily beat Ruby's Silver Eyes.

She was only lost because of the Maiden's power which seem to be weak to Silver Eyes. That's right Cinder was hurt more from the Silver Eyes because of the Maiden's Power.

Glynda "fight" with Cinder wasn't even a fight and for Glynda to have less power than Winter makes no sense. Ozpin asked for Glynda's help against Cinder alongside Qrow and Ironwood so they should be comparable to each other.

Silver Eyes are scaled from the same feat that places full power Cinder at Low 7-C. If we scale half power Cinder from it, we end up with:

Half power Cinder = Silver Eyes = full power Cinder. That's nonsensical.

If Glynda was much stronger at the time, explain why she was having difficulties and not stomping Cinder in an instant

Winter has no real reason to be Low 7-C to begin with. Qrow wasn't serious during their fight.

What difficulty, did you even watch the first episode? She fired only one attack when Cinder came out and it wasn't even against her. Why are you acting like they had some giant battle?

Also Half Power Cinder isn't equal to Maiden Cinder, however they are both Small Town level but Maiden Cinder is a higher Small Town level. It isn't nonsensical at all.

It was stated that Cinder should have been able to beat Ruby's Silver Eyes even without the Maiden's power. She lost because of the Maiden's power.

I agree that Winter shouldn't be Low 7-C.

You do realise that people in the same tier can be much stronger than eachother, it doesnt mean everyone there is EQUAL, just assumed to be in a fair fight.

Heck, maybe Full power Cinder is higher than Low 7-C, but of course was only defeated by the Silver eyes most likely due to this crippling weakness.

Glynda wasnt even attacking Cinder primarily, she was trying to take down the plane, so we really cant scale. But she was enough to make Cinder and Torchwick retreat, if that means anything.

Oh lord, not another one saying how Qrow wasnt taking things seriously. Look, the whole episode was about introducing those two characters and what they can do. They showed their fighting skill ALONGSIDE their personalities during that fight, as well as neither Qrow or Winter truthfully allowed to kill. This means Qrow really only came off as playful, as if he was "holding back", to make the audience know who he is, but that really doesnt mean he was holding back. I honestly dont know how RWBY characters can hold back, they dont have power levels they can lower like DBZ.

Theres also the fact that Winter barely shown the full capabilities of her summoning, shes most likely destroyed way more things in the past, so she should have a large army behind her. She was also being playful and trying to annoy Qrow with those birds, so maybe she was holding back to. There is also the fact on how Winter was finally trying to get serious, but was "cut off"... by Ironwood, because there we see Winter was barely even using her glyphs till the end of the fight, maybe to climb up walls, but not much else. Oh,and i dont even think Qrow landed a clear shot at her, while shes able to land numerous...

Qrow = Winter = Low 7-C , i mean, i know we all love Qrow more than Winter, but the show clearly indicates itself that they are equals, while doing so through a display of personality aswell.

Baseline Town level is 1 kilotons. The feat of the Grimm Dragon is 1,2 kilotons and Cinder scale from this, correct? Let's say that half power Cinder is roughly half as powerful as full power Cinder. 1200 tons divided by two is 600 tons. Which is MCB+

And i'm not acting like if they had a "giant battle". I'm acting like if they had a battle, were they were matching each other, and i'll take this scaling over a guess any day of the week.

And what if Glynda was trying to take down the plane? Cinder was trying to defend it.

And RWBY characters can hold back just like any character in fiction/real life. It isn't hard at all.

Also why Glynda can't be weaker than Winter exactly?

I think that the first post seems reasonable.

I'm uncertain about MCB+ Nuckelavee though. I'd prefer to have more input about it

Back