• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Nothing to big, but some of our older Phantasy Star pages need work.

Currently, Alis is ranked at Star level for defeating Dark Falz, who has a solid Solar System feat, but Dark Falz only has "Star level+" durability for no real reason. His durability should match his AP since he can tank hits from the Heroes of Algo, who in turn can take his attacks.

If that were to be accepted, then virtually every Hero of Algo would be bumped from Star level to Solar System level [With the Phantasy Star 4 cast being "At least Solar System level, likely higher], since Dark Falz is an end game boss fight in basically every Phantasy Star game. Heroes of Gurhal might also scale, granted we don't have any pages on them yet.

This would also bump Mother Brai from "Possibly 4-B" to a solid 4-B ranking since it's superior to Dark Falz.

I'm kind of tired, so I hope this all made sense.

Looks okay. It makes little sense to call someone Star level for being a Solar System level character anyway.

On a similar vain to this, I was thinking about the early game characters like Zio and Alys Brangwi. Since the gap between Small City level and Solar System is immensely high, and since Chaz and co didn't really get any real upgrade in between early game and Dezolis (other than slightly better equipment and experience), unlike the end game where the party gets some cosmic level equipment and stuff.

Anyway, to the point. I think characters like the aforementioned Zio and Alys should be bumped from Small City level to "At least Large Star level, likely Solar System level" since they shouldn't be to far below the several Solar System level characters Chaz fights just a few days after he leaves Motavia like Dark Force, Xe-a-thoul and Lashiac.

Other then that, I was digging through the script of Phantasy Star 4 and found two quotes that imply Universe busting feats.

-Raja and Gyuna imply that the Profound Darkness is "destroying the universe".

GYUNA: It's said there's a tower somewhere in Dezolis where the demons live. As the story goes, the tower suddenly appeared overnight!

RAJA: That's it! It's those demons who are destroying the universe! Algo is under a curse!

RIKA: Could what Raja says be true?

GYUNA: That I don't know. But, Raja being what he is, he may be sensing something.

CHAZ: And you have no idea at all where the Garuberk Tower is?

GYUNA: All who've seen it say something different. ...All I can say is that it's up north somewhere.

CHAZ: I see...

-A random NPC states that The Profound Darkness will end the universe.

NPC: Th...this universe is coming to an end.

I personally think both statements seem a bit hyperbolic, but the fact that the game states it twice may add a bit of legitimacy to it. I'll leave it up to others to decide.

Bump.

In hindsight, the Universe level statements are probably not usable, especially since the game is still hyping up Solar System level characters as big threats. Since The Profound Darkness is 4-B via power scaling to some of his weaker hench-men, I think "At least 4-B, likely much higher" is reasonable in their case.

Yes, but with several, consistent Solar System level statements from all sorts of characters, a single Universe level statement from Raja seems a bit inconsistent. I'll let others decide, though.

Bump.

So a TL;DR of the changes.

Early game characters like Zio and Alys would be: "Likely 4-B" or just 4-B for scaling off of Chaz Ashley, who in just a few days time was capable of fighting Dark Falz.

Mid game characters would be a solid 4-B for defeating Dark Falz and Lashiac.

End game characters would be "At least 4-B, possibly 3-A" or just "At least 4-B" for defeating The Profound Darkness, who is immensely above Dark Falz and was said to be the "end of the universe", but that could jut be a hyperbole/outlier.

Back