• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Battle of Super Soldiers - Master Chief V.S. Fedmahn Kassad

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I wish I knew more about Halo so I could write a piece here introducing the battle, but eh- I guess the match itself is illustrative enough!

Master Chief (Halo)

V.S.

Fedmahn Kassad (Hyperion Cantos)

This battle shall take place in a war-torn city, 100m apart, with several wrecked buildings, cars and somesuch to provide cover and movement. They have direct view of each other, but with plenty of cover nearby to immediately jump into.

RULES:

1. Master Chief has a Gen I. Mjolnir Suit, Kassad, naturally, is in his FORCE Suit.

2. Standard battle assumptions otherwise.
a-serie-de-tv-halo-vai-mostrar-mais-master-chief-do-que-nunca.jpg

kriszta-aranyi-hyperion-kassx-artofkaa-fin.jpg

Cool fight, I'm only gonna comment on the stat and not voting.
Kassad have the advantage in ap here since he have weapons that can shoot upto high end high 8C and Chief shield can only tank upto 1 ton and have to rely on invincibility to tank it. On the contrary Kassad suit is small building with no calc so i will assume it's just mid row so he's just as easy to get game ended by master chief stronger weaponry, albeit he wouldn't get one shoted (the only calc i can see is 0.35 ton so i'll assume the 8C weapons scale to that).
If things get to CQC then Master chief have a good advantage due to his lifting strength and striking strength advantage tho i doubt it would get there.
A thing to note is that they both have extremely fast attack in the SOL weapons, unlike chief which require time to charge, Kassad one is just a firing mode, so that's a stat advantage for him.

Again I'm not voting, just analyzing the stat on both side and both seem relatively equal in range with Kassad having the advantage eventually while Chief having the advantage in CQC.

It helps that Kassad's higher-grade, anti-armor weaponry such as the bhees (which are the at least High 8-C part of his weapons) are mostly concentrated beams that, while able to punch through most targets, do so on a concentrated beam. Really, both can one-shot the other, kind of like how wars play out in real life-

And yeah, I do think Chief got the advantage in CQC. Even if Kassad used the energy amplification systems to increase his strength to an unspecified degree of Small Building level (which I wish I could calc, but the feats, while obviously in that range, are unquantifiable) I doubt it'd go to the degrees that Chief does. But, honestly, I doubt the fight will come to that. Not impossible, mind you, particularly with Chief's experience in that regard, but not that likely.

I like to think that this match will heavily rely on their individual skills as soldiers. Both have tools that the other does not have, but also have ways to counter said tools, and both can one-hit kill each other. Chief's shields guarantee a relatively greater survivability, as Kassad's weaker weaponry (such as the rifle and flechette darts) can be tanked by him quite easily, but the killing lasers, bhees and plasma 18mm cartridges will prove to be troublesome for his shields.

They can both turn invisible but pretty sure only one can see invisible people.
They both have regeneration via suits but Kassad's suit itself is prone to breaking and I don't think Chief's is.
Chief's QcQ weapon's are also more impressive than his.
As are his ranged.
I don't think this particularly comes down to skill just Kassad being completely technologically outmatched.

They can both turn invisible but pretty sure only one can see invisible people.
Eh, both to me seem able to do so, depending on the mechanisms involved on each other's invisibility.
They both have regeneration via suits but Kassad's suit itself is prone to breaking and I don't think Chief's is.
Rather than prone to breaking, it is more that, the more it is damaged, the more its functions are compromised, but it is far from being rendered useless with any sort of damage; it still worked well even when heavily damaged. And, in fact, looking at Chief's profile he has a similar weakness, with his armorpossibly getting locked upon getting hit with a sufficiently strong attack.
As are his ranged.
I agree on the CQC, but I am inclined to disagree on the long range. On raw AP, Kassad actually surpasses any of Chief's weapons on his second key (which is what is being use) with the downside of having a smaller area of impact in generally, and it is sort of moot as a direct shot from either of their strongest weapon settings can easily one-shot the other, while most weapons can damage but not really kill each other.
I don't think this particularly comes down to skill just Kassad being completely technologically outmatched.
Again, I disagree. I can see some things that each of them have that the other lacks, and I can see a certain technological advantage on Chief for some things, but Kassad most certainly isn't completely outmatched.

Eh, both to me seem able to do so, depending on the mechanisms involved on each other's invisibility.
How is Kassad seeing ****?

Otherwise fair enough it was a long time ago I read Hyperion and I never liked Kassad's parts to begin with so I'm not 100% on his details.

I thought Chief's armor covers infared but apparently not. Its just reflecting light. Lower tech than I imagined.

Eh, even if it did, Kassad's suit can send out sonars, pick on the heat of his footprints and highlight motion. Plus, even his FORCE rifle has heat-seeking darts and missiles.

All that would be available to his second key. Or, at least, those up to 8-C+, according to the profile.

Unless he can only carry a limited supply of them, in which case, I'd need to check to say.

All that would be available to his second key. Or, at least, those up to 8-C+, according to the profile.

Unless he can only carry a limited supply of them, in which case, I'd need to check to say.
He can only carry two weapons at a time, not counting Grenades and one choice of support equipment.

Do we count arbitary carry limits as a game-mechanic or is that on a character by character basis?
I mean he has the LS to carry more with him if he wants but he never does, no one does actually. Like I said, this isn't counting Grenades, a combat knife and one piece of support equipment like a Bubbleshield or something.

Back