• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A BATTLE OF KINGS! Gilgamesh (Fate) vs Sinbad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Gilgamesh. He can skewer Sinbad with his haxed weapons and is extremely resistant to Mind Manipulation due to his own ego and the Magic Resistance provided by his armor. He should take it without too much trouble even if he isn't going all out.

Reppuzan said:
Gilgamesh. He can skewer Sinbad with his haxed weapons and is extremely resistant to Mind Manipulation due to his own ego and the Magic Resistance provided by his armor. He should take it without too much trouble even if he isn't going all out.
Edited. He won't be using his armor.

What I think is that both won't go all out in the beginning, just toying with eachother. But, I believe that Sinbad will get serious first, since he doesn't have as much of an ego as Gil, after seeing what kind of power his Noble Phantasms do, then decide to use multiple extreme magic on him, wiping him out.

But, Gilgamesh could also win as easily. One hit from Gae Bolg or maybe a homing Noble Phantasm and Sinbad's done.

I just wanted to put some arguments for Sinbad to even it out. They seem pretty even.

Gil can't use Gae Bolg since he doesn't know the names of his treasures sans Enkidu and Ea.

Still, he has the likes of Gungnir which should hit, as well as just spamming more should he find Sinbad difficult.

Gonna have to go with Gil as considering he pretty much survived getting grail mud all over him and not get his mind broken or something.

His ego is too much that the grail was like "Nope", and spit him out.

On a more serious note, Sinbad does have more destructive capabilities than what we've seen from Gil's GOB, being able to destroy a mountain when he was just a teenager and all. But Gil does have sheer numbers as well.

Keep in mind though that Sinbad has faced things on a scale similar to Gil's GOB, like Kougyoku's Extreme Magic.

The GoB power is not AP. It is passive/active abilities of NPs inside it. Even though Gil can't use Gae Bolg thrust attack... It is still inflict curse that prevent healing. Gungnir is homing by passive...

@Xmark12

Considering Gil can overwhelm heroic spirits with HHS reflexes, his numerical advantage with Gate of Babylon would probably enough to overwhelm Sinbad.

@Yamatohime

The Gae Bolg thing, yeah, that was what I was thinking. My bad for not mentioning the degen curse, but iirc, it's a curse that prevents supernatural healing right? Not an outright regen-cancel Gae Bhuide has?

Nope, Gae Bolg inflict wounds that can't be healed (though can be patched) as long as the spear is not destroyed (or Lancer dead). In case of Gil... It's probably Gil's death, cause... GoB.

Sinbad's Extreme Magic won't be doing much since Gil has shields that can casually block a traced Excalibur that has been overloaded to use as a bomb in his treasury and has swords that can bust right through a mountain through magic or sheer size.

Normally, his armor would stop that too since it's magic based.

However, since the OP needs to remove that to make this fair, he still has a variety of weapons that are guaranteed to hit (i.e. the aforementioned Gungnir). He can also restrain Sinbad with Enkidu (if only temporarily) and also has weapons that can shatter space itself. Of course, there's also nothing stopping Gil from flying out of range with Vimana and shooting Sinbad down from a distance (unless he has some significant range feat that has not been posted in his profile yet).

All of those weapons are useless if he's too slow to use them before he gets his ass kicked.

Sinbad can also fly, so i don't see how Vimana is useful here.

Again, how does he deal with Sinbad reducing his perception of time.

Looking at Sinbad's profile, he's roughly on par with a heroic spirit in running speed. Heroic spirits who tend to get overwhelmed despite superior reflexes to Sinbad when it comes to sheer amounts of projectile sword spam.

As for time slow, I have nothing.

Apparently he also has an Auto-Defensor that automatically defends him from attacks and shoots down foes and projectiles with lightning bolts.

That said, the only reason why Gilgamesh isn't crushing is the fact that his armor is being taken away despite being part of his standard equipment.

Reppuzan said:
Apparently he also has an Auto-Defensor that automatically defends him from attacks and shoots down foes and projectiles with lightning bolts.
That said, the only reason why Gilgamesh isn't crushing is the fact that his armor is being taken away despite being part of his standard equipment.
Wait, who has the Auto-Defensor? Sinbad or Gil?

But yeah, if Gil had his armor this fight would be outright unfair.

If you need to take away someone's standard equipment or powers to make a fight fair, it probably isn't a good matchup. There's a reason why Saint Seiya vs DBS threads are on the verge of being banned.

Granted, Gil was dumb enough to fight Shirou without it, but against Sinbad, another person who dares to call himself a King in front of him, there's no doubt that Gil will pull out his armor to take him down without a chance of resistance.

Well, Sinbad doesn't exactly call himself a king. He just assumes everyone knows who he is, so he never introduces himself. Although he would definately mention the fact that he's a king if Gil asked who he is.

To be fair, Shirou's UBW is faster than GOB in shooting speed, and that Gil is literally standing in ground zero of a mass copypasta of weapons that can fly around from all directions.

That is not something Sinbad has (looking at his profile), and yeah. What @Reppuzan said about someone calling himself king.

Either he acknowledges the guy as king and fights on equal grounds or just shoots him with Ea for calling himself a king.

Gil aknowledged Iskander cause Rider recognized Gil (wasn't arrogant fool and shown some respect to Gil) as far as I remember.

Like with CuriousW and Aiden, i too say that Gil gets this due to his new stat update.

His dura alone w/o armor is City level, meaning he could take the same amount of force as Sinbad can dish out. With armor he's pretty much a tank to the guy for the most part.

And Gil at this point doesn't really need to his Ea. His GoB, which is ranked now currently as At least City to Mountain level, would be enough for him to take this.

With it, he esstentially breaks the guy if not stomps him...

Like others i too vote to Gil because :

Gil's GoB is at least City level to Mountain level and will easly overwhelm Sindbads City lv durability and if it (GoB) has a problem in it is some anti-armor noble phantasm and/or anty-magic ones

Gil has also every shield like noble phantasm some of these are very strong like Reppuzan said

About time manipulation Gil has resistance to this so it will do nothing or veeery little.

About flying Vimana can fly with "speed of thought" , in Fate/Zero Gil can overspeed a modern military jet which one i strengthened by Lancelot into noble phantasm . And in this situation Gil is playing !! and he can easly fly faster .

Also he can use GoB durning flight so in air he has big advantage.

And remember that if sinbad wound Gil he will just get very very angry. Like in fate zero lancelot just cut a column on of which was and Gil open GoB to 50+.

And at the end GeB is endless treasury of powerfull magic weapons everyone with some effect so Sinbad will have very hard time to planning when weapons which Gil throw at him can paralyze him, poison him, shock him, give him immposible to heal wounds and many many others effect .

and always there is EA

Again Sinbad loses to Gil's Has, golden armor not needed nor matters anyways, since Sinbad is strong(servant level) Gil will actually register him as a threat, you guys forgets that Gil is serious against enemy strong enough to fight him and those he respects greatly. But the only argument is Sinbad needs to prevent Gil from using Ea (if Sinbad was able to corner him) for him to have a chance or else he is toast as a burned bread.

I would've suggested waiting a day for someone to drop their vote in just in case, but the gap in the votes makes that suggestion moot.

IDK. If the pages are unlocked for either of y'all, you could simply add them yourselves in fact. Besides it's been a month since anyone last voted here anyways. I don't think y'all need to wait on that...

CrossverseCrisis said:
IDK. If the pages are unlocked for either of y'all, you could simply add them yourselves in fact. Besides it's been a month since anyone last voted here anyways. I don't think y'all need to wait on that...
Added the result on Sinbad's profile. Can't edit Gilgamesh's profile since it's locked, please add it if it's not too much trouble and close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back