• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A.A.A Misaka revision

A.A.A Misaka should be "As before, At least 8-C, likely higher, with regular weapons, Low 5-B with Liquid-Proof Railgun"

Reasoning: The A.A.A, while Misaka was KO'd, was able to stalemate John's Pen Index (which is 8-C with normal spells). As Misaka was knocked out, she was unable to use her powers, as such, the 8-C rating is for ONLY the AAA, without Misaka using her powers too. Liquid-Proof Railgun should be superior to Accelerator's rotational energy attack (8.596e31 joules maximum), and superior to a nuclear bomb (average 9e13 joules), due to the fact that it was able to pierce the Windowless Building.

Scans:

Accelerator's rotational energy attack:

Hide/Show
Accelerator stuck his hand into a nearby concrete wall. He manipulated the vectors so his arm sank in as easily as if the wall was made of tofu. Accelerator shouted so loud blood came from his throat and he moved his arm complexly around in the wall.
He took control of all of the vectors. A great roar exploded out. In that instant, earth's rotation slowed by about five minutes for September 30. His arm took the massive energy of the planet's rotation and used his vector control to transform it into a demonic strike. The concrete wall he forcibly gouged out was thrown with frightening speed. Accelerator stood in an alley surrounded by buildings, but the several buildings between him and his target were torn through like paper. His worries about his surroundings and unrelated people had completely evaporated for an instant. By the time he came to his senses, he had already thrown it. He was over two kilometers from his target. The Windowless Building was the world's strongest shelter which was said to be the fortress of Aleister, the chairman of Academy City's board of directors. It was said that giant structure would not budge even from the shockwave of a nuclear weapon.

The attack flew with frightening speed. A tremendous storm of noise exploded out. It did not matter that Accelerator was over two kilometers away. It blew straight through two or three unmanned banks and government office buildings, shot between two buildings on the other side of a street, tore off an electronic billboard attached to the side of a high-rise building, and shot straight toward the target. It could only be called a miracle that no one was injured or killed. He had not given it any thought. Gray dust blew into the air. His vision was temporarily obstructed. The dust hung in the air for a while. Finally, his vision cleared up. It spread out before him. "…" Nothing about the world had changed. That strike had used the full power of Academy City's strongest esper and had taken the rotational energy of the earth itself, but even that had not been enough to bring down the Windowless Building. The result was clear. The wall remained as large as ever.

—Toaru Majutsu No Index, Volume 13, Pages 124-125
John's Pen vs AAA:

Hide/Show
That battlefield was hell on earth.
As large as the dance hall was, it was still just one indoor room. Index and Misaka Mikoto were targeting each other and firing all throughout that space while controlled by John's Pen and the A.A.A. respectively. They did not show any ordinary reactions such as worrying about their storybook skirt spreading out or their flat chest's contours showing through their underwear-like dress. It was like being caught between two warships engaged in combat. Even if they had no intention of doing so, a single hit would kill you instantly. In fact, Windsor Castle itself might not last if a wall or the ceiling was blown through. The building could crumble and bury them alive at any moment.

—Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu No Index 22 Reverse, Page 197
Liquid-Proof Railgun destroys the Windowless Building:

Hide/Show
What if that Railgun was fired when that friction could be reduced or neutralized?
The Liquid Proof Railgun. With the limits on distance and speed removed, it produced endlessly frightening destructive power. She no longer used the frictional heat as the brakes. She reversed that way of thinking. The slight coating of liquid on the coin's surface took away its heat and cooled it. And when that liquid explosively expanded as steam, it gave the coin even more speed. Instead of simply being carried by its initial speed, it accelerated more and more as it flew. The tiny shell gained limitless speed as it produced a thin, spear-like contrail and was absorbed by the impressive wall of the Windowless Building. This was not possible with just any water manipulating power. The fine control used to manipulate the liquid in the brain to control the information there was needed to place a special lattice pattern on the surface of the coin. This required precision far greater than the ablation that protected a space shuttle from the atmosphere's heat by melting in just the right way despite being nothing more than a plastic lattice. The scenery grew distorted. The impregnable Windowless Building was mercilessly torn into as if the coin were breaking through the wall of space itself.

—Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu No Index 18, Pages 151-152

You can't scale the LPR to Accelerator's attack on the windowless building due to the nature of the attack. The reason why Accelerator's attack couldn't do anything was because the two forces cancelled each other out. The LPR is not superior in destructive power though.

LPR is basically the only outlier i remember in the series, the attack only exists because someone needed to break the WB, and not even L6S Mikoto has any feat near this level.

Liquid proof railgun is stronger than Accelerators Planet manipulation due to the unending acceleration it has due to the removal of friction, no it doesn't have the destructive capability/range of Accelerator but it is undoubtedly, canonly, stronger AP. as clearly stated multiple times in the novel and just by.. common sense. Accelerator barely shook the building LPR ripped it to shreds.

Seriously guys how can you question what is stated multiple times clearly in recent novels? I don't get it.

Not sure where small planet level is coming from either Accelerators feat is multi continent.

And technically speaking LPR is Infinite acceleration as along as it's inside their aim and they have atmosphere

@TIHYDDWBE

No it's not. I have already explained the reason why his attack didn't do anything to the windowless building, it was because the two forces cancelled each other out. Also the attack was never stated to be more powerful than what Accelerator did in OT13, so it's not canon. The only time we have any statement of it being stronger was Touma's pov on it after Misaka and Misaki shot one at Mathers and he said in a way stronger, the in a way is the key word here.

You didn't prove anything you just stated your opinion which is wrong.

two forces cancelled eachother out? No. What the heck does this even mean? One force was not strong enough to influence the other. HUGE difference.

Common sense that LPR is stronger through feats? Check.

Stated to be stronger than Accelerator?

"We're up against the Windowless Building which supposedly not even a nuke can destroy. What if my Railgun can't break through the wall!?"

"Well, I have heard some silly rumors that it didn't budge even after the #1 used the rotation of the earth to attack it. However…"

"We don't have to hold back for the #1's sake. Let's work together and make an unprecedented record☆
"

This was the Liquid Proof Railgun.

This was the fearsome attack that had torn holes in the Windowless Building which was built to withstand a direct hit from a nuclear weapon, but they unleased it upon Mathers as their very first attack.

The shockwave burst out a moment later and the surrounding air raged about as a violent wind. The intense heat turned some of the atmospheric components to plasma, so light flashed intermittently through the air and made it briefly impossible to see. The process was entirely different, but it felt a lot like seeing stars after taking a blow to the head.

In a way, this blast was stronger than the #1.

check. Also what it means by "In a way" is talking about attack potency, not destructive capability. again big differences between the two.

Btw, Tihy, you are the only one who didn't say anything in the CRT i did, the H1C part is already rejected, but wouldn't you want to say your opinion to the other things?

@TIHYDDWBE

How is my opinion wrong? And what have you proven? Those quotes do not prove that the LPR is stronger than Accelerator.

Even in the current volume it's made clear that the Accelerator is way more powerful than both Misaki and Misaka. So should we then give Misaka a 5-B rating because according to you she's now stronger? No we should make her 4-B because according to you she is even more powerful than Platinum wings.

Are you really trying to tell me that the LPR can destroy a whole continent? Show me where it's done this or said to be able to do this.

Seriously, wth are you even talking about anymore???

LPR destroyed windowless building. Accelerator couldn't.

End of discussion.

I already told you attack potency isn't the same as destructive capability. In the first comment.

I mean, it check out.

While Misaka LPR have much less destructive range by being a straight line bullet, it have more potent destructive ability than Accel.

Higher tier with attack isnt new for VS wiki. 4-B for only for a specific move that require specific person to be there. So yes, it isnt too hard to believe.

@Nicetoderp

You are actually trying to argue that Misaka should be 4-B? So first TIHYDDBE and now you? And no Platinum wings doesn't require anyone, as shown in NTR22. The clonoth requires 545 but the platinum wings doesn't require anybody.

No, not really. I mean you're the one who's been saying that she's stronger than Accelerator in general which means all forms.

The destructive power is stronger than what he was putting out on that feats.

So, I see no reason why that should be wrong.

TIHYDDWBE said:
Yes really.
I'm done talking to you it's a waste of my time with nonsensical arguments and strawmaning.
I'm not strawmanning though. Why don't you tell me exactly what you meant because you can't blame me for thinking that you want to upgrade Misaka higher than Accelerator. If that's not what you meant then that's my bad but I won't know until you provide me with details.

Nicetoderp said:
Only 4-B by a very specific attack yes.
We call those smurf.
You mean Platinum wings? Well yeah because it's only ever used one attack. So of course it's only going to be based on that one attack because that's all we've got. Because of this though it's not a smurf.

The true AP of PW wings is unknown outside the one attack we have seen. It could be a little less or it could be much higher. We'll only find out if we see them in a fight against a very powerful opponant. They came out against Elizard but that doesn't really count since Accelerator was holding back against her.

Also the LPR is not more destructive since it can only target singular or in sight destruction while what Accelerator can do can actually wipe out life on the planet.

i swear if you morons use mathers as a way to scale attack power one more time...

MATHERS WAS A ******* GRIMOIRE. HE COULDN'T BE DEFEATED JUST BY ******** OUT A MASSIVE ATTACK. YOU NEEDED TO CUT HIS CONNECTION TO THE LEY LINES TO DEFEAT HIM, WHICH A FOCUSED ATTACK CAN'T DO.

Also, here's some energy comparison levels:

Energy required to explode Earth into a debris ring: 2 × 1032 joules
(should be lower for a smaller planet, but nobody ever asks how much energy it'd take to blow up Mars or Mercury, do they?)
Maximum theoretical output of Accelerator's attack (likely much lower): 8.596 × 1031 joules

Sources
:

https://www.quora.com/How-much-energy-would-be-required-to-destroy-the-planet
https://www.quora.com/How-much-ener...arths-rotative-energy-into-an-object-or-place

Scrlk 1 it would not be higher than Accel 2 it won't be in profile cause it's a combination atck 3 it`s just perpetual acceleration inside their aim , it will push infinitely as friction is converted to forward pushing force

I did wonder why the LPR wasn't on any of the profiles and was going to bring it up myself but you answered that question. So no combination attacks are allowed? That's a real shame since I would have loved to have done a battle with the LPR.

Best comparassion is eggshell. If you hold grab its shell, eggs will not break. But if you hit its shell in one point, it will break. Its not about pure power, its about piercing power. Windowless building can survive against nuclear bomb. But if you use attack that focused to one spot, you can cheat out WB durability.

@Inori

I think you explained it in the best way and I think this is the reason you can't really scale the LPR attack to Accelerator's attack since they both work in two different ways.

That's false WB will survive penetrating hit , the calculate fortress doesnt really care of magnitude like Accel reflection (cause it's made to be like his) tho there are limit unlike Accel, as it's based on creating inverse frequency and vibration to remove the impact

LPR Simply accelerates indefinitely so it can't keep up with the changes using vibration and hits an hard stop , I u want to ask if Accel could do the same , yes but no against WB cause too many vibration will screw up his calculation and we know WB has better calculation power

Ask if Accelerator can accelerate something indefinitely? On being able to break through the windiwless building. I think he could given the right tools, for example if he reflects an LPR at the windowless building he should be able to break through.

accel can accelerate something indefinitely , he just needs to constantly push it

LPR only works inside misaka and misaki AIM where they can keep the constant acceleration

so even if he reflected LPR if it goes of out of their range it becomes just a powerfull railgun and the coin would instantly melt

A note: this most likely DID use brute force to pierce the Calculate Fortress. The defense is stated to be similar to a technological recreation of Accelerator's barrier, and while the building has been breached before, it was through highly calculated pattern.

If Thor could've just used long-range piercing magic or something to get in, he probably would've.

Back