• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A 2-C Mewtwo?! (Let me explain)

Tfw PaChi uses one of my favorite characters on this site as a joke against me lol.

I'm fully expecting him to debunk the overpowered Lucario as well lol (even though he was explicitly cool with Minomon ovo)

The anguish the Golden Armor caused Arceus seems to be more mental than directly physical, as it's even stated that the scene is portraying an attempt to control it. The armor doesn't seem remotely close to Arceus in raw power.

This is further cemented by the fact thatyou can't even attempt to capture Arceus until its defenses are lowered by the entire Creation Trio (and even then it's the hardest capture), whereas you have no problem capturing boosted Mewtwo normally.

The Arceus one: It's approximately a minute in. So between 1:00 and 2:00

The Mewtwo one: I'm...not sure exactly. Kinda why I linked two videos instead of one. I can't check right now either. Just skip to the part after the first fight with Mewtwo. In between that and the second Mewtwo battle is where the info lies.

To Azzy:

I think you might be right in that it's mental rather than physical. Though on the other hand, you can see Arceus being electrocuted, and the wielder of the Golden Armor in an attacking position. And the Armor does give Mewtwo a damaging aura that stops and harms the Capture Styler if the ranger gets too close.

I will say however, with Azzy's analysis, I'm no longer as adamant about getting this accepted. If I can, great. If I can't, at least I upgraded the non-Legendaries in speed and AP.

@Cal

Even if it's only mental, that is still an amazing feat. You could make a profile for the weapon and say that it can mind-harm beings on Arceus' level.

Mewtwo also is able to very slightly resists it. He's told to "get rid of" a couple people, and while he does nuke them, Mewtwo is able to hold himself back enough to make it a void bomb rather than well...death, and goes to retrieve the people he voided once he's broken out of the control.

Also, if the Golden Armor has that good of mind control, and it boosts Mewtwo, would it be okay to say that Empowered Mewtwo has that level of mind control if he wasn't controlled himself?

And one more thing. Arceus himself has real good mind resistance, being able to no-sell telepathy that could connect with the Creation Trio, who required an item made from mind-related concepts to be controlled.

@Cal

Wasn't that only because the hate in Arceus was so immense that it repelled the person trying to connect with him?

And that's what my good memory is for, lol.

From what I recall, the girl (Don't remember her name) was just reading the Creation Trio's hearts to pacify them since they were fighting each other. However, Arceus's hatred was so immense that it repelled her before she was able to calm him.

Wouldn't that still be a resistance feat for a pissed-off Arceus? (Not that it matters outside of this thread, as the aforementioned auto-shields and the Mind Plate take care of that in a match anyway ovo)

If you guys are talking about Jewel of Life... He had EVERY plate sans the ones he used for the Jewel of Life. Keep in mind he still had the Mind Plate when he was being manipulated by both Damos and Sheena. Also Damo's brother has a legendary as a partner, and Damo's Pikachu can take on said legendary [ Heatran ] .

Speaking of, I need to make Sheena and Damos' profiles son. They are likely the strongest humans in Pokemon at the moment.

@Cal

Empathic Manipulation resistence, yes. Mind? Not quite.

@Seed

Arceus was in his normal form when Sheena tried calming him and the shrugging off had nothing to do with it.

For all intents and purposes... If Giratina didn't have the hate in his heart [ Which is canonically Sheena's weakness, Damos doesn't have it ] : Sheena's Power > Legendary Trio . Damos' power is comparable to Arceus.

I meant it is just Sheena's powers as an Empath. It's literally what Hoopa did but way earlier [ Except they were doing it to protect the World ] . Dialga doesn't have things such as sympathy normally, so the only reasonable explanation he would come from another dimension [ He had no intention of coming beforehand ] for a human is if her powers worked on them.

Even then I believe it would still be resistance. Damos's mind hax is much greater than Sheena's and when 100% serious he was able to connect to Arceus even with all of Arceus's hatred.

Besides, why wouldn't it be resistance to mind hax? I'm fairly certain if the mind plate would have been able to no-sell it easily, then Arceus would have just switched to that instead of being in normal form.

Plus, it depends on the amount of hatred they have in order to say it isnt resistance. For example, when Giratina was upset Sheena was able to somewhat fight it before being stopped. However, when facing Arceus she was instantly blocked. Same when doing it the second time. Damos fought through all of it.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Besides, why wouldn't it be resistance to mind hax? I'm fairly certain if the mind plate would have been able to no-sell it easily, then Arceus would have just switched to that instead of being in normal form.
Because all it was doing was calming them down, which is empathic and not mind hax.

Arceus didn't use the Mind Plate in the scene so it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Back