• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

90s Spider-Man AKA Fox Kids Spider-Man Feat Discussion

Plus it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.
I'll take that cliffhanger over the dumb ending Spider-Verse gave it lol

Dark-Carioca said:
Plus it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.
I'll take that cliffhanger over the dumb ending Spider-Verse gave it lol
Wait, what ending did SV give it again?

In Spider-Verse one of those Hellfire Club wannabe interdimensional vampires (one of Morlun's relatives I think) invades the world of Spider-Man Unlimited (which has been stated by the writers to be the same as S:TAS) and kills everyone, but the Marvel wiki smartly chose to give that Spider-Man Unlimited a different Earth designation.

It's one of the reasons why I don't like the Spider-Verse comic.

Lonkitt said:
Wait, what ending did SV give it again?
Spider-Verse had Morlun murdering everyone on Counter-Earth, because that's all they could've thought up for his character.

The Unlimited comic ended on what would otherwise be a regular Unlimited story that just happened to involve Wolverine. It doesn't close up Peter's story or anything, but it's better than Spider-Verse's ending for the universe.

Dark-Carioca said:
In Spider-Verse one of those Hellfire Club wannabe interdimensional vampires (one of Morlun's relatives I think) invades the world of Spider-Man Unlimited (which has been stated by the writers to be the same as S:TAS) and kills everyone, but the Marvel wiki smartly chose to give that Spider-Man Unlimited a different Earth designation.
It's one of the reasons why I don't like the Spider-Verse comic.
Wow. You're right, I would take the cliffhanger.

On another note, I'm gonna watch Season 5 tonight. I just needed a break since I was burnt out from the show.

SV's Morlun was always a bit one-note compared to the writers directly before and after the event.

I think they could've done better with the kills that read as dark comedy, like the Hostess Spider-Man could've had him kill a Twinkee the kid stand-in or something. I think the "Seal of Approval" joke from Spidergeddon landed better.

It was waaay too mean-spirited and stupid, to put it in very few wrods.

Like, good job writers, I'm sure the way you dispatched the Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends cast is gonna sit well with people, especially the old fans who grew up with the show and have given up on the company at this point.

Season 5 Feat List:

In the previous episode, Silver Sable and her Wild Pack bust into a room to capture someone. She wants to leave no evidence, so she tells her team to "destroy this place". A bomb is left there to do so. 02:13, Spidey examines the bomb and says it's strong enough to take out four city blocks. So far, this feat can't be applied, as it was defused, but I thought it was worth mentioning that Silver Sable some MCB explosives.

Later in episode, Spider-Man, Sable, the Wild Pack, Kingpin, and the Sinsister Six end up in Chernobyl of all places. They comments on how they need to leave before the radiation gets to them. They don't spend too long in there, but I'm curious. How long would one need to be on Chernobyl for the radiation to be effective? If we can figure that out, then depending on the results, Spider-Man may have a resistance his is not aware of. Episode 2: Six Forgotten Warriors, Chapter II: "Unclaimed Legacy"

At 02:53, Spider-Man and Sable are blasted through a large metal door by Electro.

03:44, Spider-Man dodges one of Electro's lightning bolts (Finally! We can confirm that his page isn't lying. Although I think some of the feats above may prove him to be faster)

Red Skull states that Electro, after recovering, will be able to control electricity all over the entire world. Do keep in mind the time period this show takes place during of course when considering the weight of this power.

At 06:58, Electro sends out a message to the world through his powers. He then shuts down all of the ground vehicles in New York (along with the power in multiple buildings, although in his speech he focuses on the vehicles) as a "small demonstration" of his power.

At 09:12, Spider-Man dodges another lightning bolt. By the way, the Six American/Forgotten Warriors dodge Electro's lightning too, and Spider-Man and the Sinister Six should be comparable to their speeds.

At 11:02, Black Marvel states that Electro is a thousand times more powerful than they thought and still growing in power. At 12:05, Electro senses a few of the American Heroes coming to stop him. That's either Precognition or Enhanced Senses.

13:58 shows Electro tanks (or absorbs? I think it's abosrbs) the energy from one of SHIELD's Helicarrier lasers before taking down the Helicarrier with just three of his blasts. Episode 6: Six Forgotten Warriors, Chapter V: "The Price of Heroism"

At 05:01, Spider-Man searches around everywhere New York that are near water and/or involve water (such as rivers and sewers) in order to find Hydro-Man. He does this during the night, and states he's been loking for hours, but doesn't show any tire. A nice speed and stamina feat. Later at 08:47, Spider-Man has snuck into ESU and is working hard at analzying Mary Jane's jacket in order to find her. He says he's lost track of time and that classes will be starting soon, again, giving us a good idea of his stamina, as he's showing no signs of tiring. He also figures out in that night where Hydro-Man took Mary Jane.

12:22 shows Hydro-Man breaking apart a support on an oil rig.

13:22 shows Spider-Man making a great leap while carrying Black Cat from an Oil Rig to a boat to avoid touching the electrified water. It should be noted Peter makes a similar jump while carrying MJ at the beginning of the episode, but this feat of agility is more impressive.

16:33, we see MJ remember some jargan about fireworks and elements used to make them. Later, she uses this to her advantage against Hydro-Man. When she and Black Cat are out of the building, an explosion caused by this at 19:05 can be seen, which is something both Spider-Man and Hydro-Man appear to tank. Episode 7: The Return of Hydro-Man, Part One

At 17:25, Hydro-Man begins detroying lots of Miles Warren's lab. Episode 8: The Return of Hydro-Man, Part Two

At 04:14, we see Doctor Doom no-sell a rocket shot from a rocket launcher.

At 03:14, the Beyonder shows an advanced peaceful civilization that eliminates the issues of hungry, pain, and unhappiness. The Beyonder then puts Doc Ock, Doctor Doom, Alistar Smythe, The Lizard, and the Red Skull to the planet. He then advances the planet through one Earth year, and the villains have taken over and destroyed lots of the previous areas on the planet Episode 9: Secret Wars, Chapter I: "Arrival"

At 07:38, Spider-Man attempts to web swing while on a new planet. He shoots a web onto a large boulder, accidentally pulling it down, while also crumbling down a good portion of rock beneath the boulder when he makes the attempt to web swing.

At 11:36, Black Cat states to Captain America that due to them having the same super soldier serum, she can do whatever he can do (she also adds "or better", but that seems more like a playful boast). Scaling here makes sense. Episode 10: Secret Wars, Chapter II: "The Gauntlet of the Red Skull"

At 02:31, The Lizard pulls off a large metal arm restraining him off of a giant robot. At 02:50, The Lizard slams the robot with the same arm, causing an explosion, and defeating it.

02:37, the robot (which is one of Doom's) blasts the Lizard back with two blasts. At 04:00, we see the same type of robot destroy the Fantasti-Car with one blast (though do keep in mind it did take one blast earlier to down the Fantasti-Car. Either way, the Lizard tanking this would be a scalable feat).

At 04:10 we see Reed, Sue, and Johnny get blasted by the same robot's lasers.

At 05:40, we see the origin of the Fantastic Four, which involves them being changed with radiation, surviving a shuttle crash, and running out of said shuttle like nothing happened. This origin is the same as the one in 90s Cartoon within this universe, so the feat can be used.

09:18 shows the Thing, in rock form (since at the moment Doom gave him the ability to switch between human and rock form) jumps in front of Doom and blocks two fireballs from the Human Torch, with his body, receiving no damage in the process.

At 14:38, Iron Man finishes explaining Doom is probably reading their minds and knows they will attack. Johnny says "What's he gonna do? Drop a mountain on us or something?"...and Doom does just that. Under the mountain, Spider-Man states how they can't keep it up for much longer, and they all make one push, combining their strengths to make a hole in hte mountain and escape. While I can already look at a glance and say we won't get Mountain Level out of it, this is still an impressive feat.

16:39 shows Spider-Man harming Doctor Doom. Note: One might say that this is an outlier, as Doom at the time controlled the Beyonder's powers. This is false. The Beyonder allowed Doom to think he did and Spidey even says "He could have easily destroyed us if he had really joined with you!", but it's stated that Doom never truly controlled his powers. Besides, I'm only bringing this up since Doom no-selled a rocket launcher rocket, ergo Spidey scales above that rocket. Episode 11: Secret Wars, Chapter III: "Doom"

04:18 shows Spider-Man escaping a building busting explosion from the Hobgoblin. Episode 12: Spider Wars, Chapter I: "I Really, Really Hate Clones"

In the final episode, Spider-Man goes to the "Real World" and meets Stan Lee, while also learning he was written by him...so...perhaps he gets a Fourth Wall Awareness addition? He even addresses himself as a "character of fiction". Just wondering. Episode 13: Spider Wars, Chapter II: "Farewell, Spider-Man"

Good point when you keep in mind the bomb had less than 17 seconds till it went off and Spidey basically figured out the destructive capability just after he picked it up.

The list isn't finished yet, but I've added more feats. Sorry so many of them were Electro related. It was just kind of hard to not list them.

Yeah, Electro's godhood and AWESOME power does us a favor here lol

We can calculate the size of the explosion that SHIELD unleashed on Electro if we assume he tanked it.

lol

Let's hold those thoughts until we calc just how strong TAS Electro is.

While I'm not sure there's much to calc for the SHIELD laser, I would like to note that Electro seems to no-sell it, and the laser should at least scale above the damage regular laser guns can deal in this verse.

Electro still has some other really great feats though.

Ah, I see.

Another feat worth adding is Doc Ock lifting an alien truck with ease the moment he arrives to that planet.

Something that one could argue applies to Lizard in this arc is that originally, instead of him, Hulk would've been part of this arc, hence why we see him overpowering Iron Man, Mr Fantastic and even The Thing, but they couldn't get the rights to Hulk who had a show of his own and blablabla. Because Lizard still performed this feat, one could say he scales from Hulk or at least The Thing, since The Thing has some feats from the F4 cartoon (let us not forget that most other 90s cartoons were connected in their own Marvel Animated Universe).

Yeah. I'm not too sure what the stats of each hero is in their respective cartoon aside from Spider-Man, but considering the fight they have, including with the Lizard as you mentioned, the scaling should apply.

Off the top of my head, iirc in the Hulk cartoon, Hulk withstood an explosion that took out a building while being inside of it and can almost literally juggle with tanks. There's definitely more I'm not remembering.

The Thing fought that same Hulk in a F4 episode, and though he lost he put up a good fight. He didn't exactly get to fight Lizard but he got sent flying without opposition, and even if we disregard scaling from Thing, we can also scale him to Mr Fantastic and Iron Man who get some feats in their respective cartoons.

So far, alot of the feats I've gathered do seem to range from 9-A to 8-C and likely higher, so the tank juggling and surviving building busting explosions would be consistent with the verse's heroes.

Huh. Some one of Doom's Robots has Doc Ock like arms that restrained the Lizard, right? The Lizard is able to break free of them. However, the very same kind of robot captured Ben Grimm, and The Thing couldn't escape. Thought that might be worth noting.

Can't wait 'til Death Battle adds that to their scaling if they put him against Killer Croc lol

I bet normies will be surprised to see them use a Lizard that is stronger than the Thing and the current Killer Croc who is about as strong as Aquaman.

AnonymousBlank said:
So Lizard > The Thing is pretty consistent then. Connors is such a beast.
This of course raises the question of how we'll handle the scaling between cartoons that also aren't technically in the same universe. The Marvel Action Hour (including the 90's Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and Hulk cartoons) and the Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons are seperated by one continuity error involving Captain America, more or less.

In the former, he's a member of the Avengers. In the latter, he was stuck with a bunch of golden age characters in the time vortex.

Wagdawgwag said:
AnonymousBlank said:
So Lizard > The Thing is pretty consistent then. Connors is such a beast.
This of course raises the question of how we'll handle the scaling between cartoons that also aren't technically in the same universe. The Marvel Action Hour (including the 90's Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and Hulk cartoons) and the Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons are seperated by one continuity error involving Captain America, more or less.
In the former, he's a member of the Avengers. In the latter, he was stuck with a bunch of golden age characters in the time vortex.
Where do we see the Avengers in this universe? Also, as for that question regarding other cartoons, for now I think we'll stick to figuring out the feat from just this cartoon.

Lonkitt said:
Where do we see the Avengers in this universe? Also, as for that question regarding other cartoons, for now I think we'll stick to figuring out the feat from just this cartoon.
I think they come up in the Iron Man cartoon, because that's where we see Force Works. I haven't really watched Season 1 of the Iron Man show, and scattered episodes of Season 2, so I can't really say.

Lonkitt said:
Season 5 Feat List:In the previous episode, Silver Sable and her Wild Pack bust into a room to capture someone. She wants to leave no evidence, so she tells her team to "destroy this place". A bomb is left there to do so. 02:13, Spidey examines the bomb and says it's strong enough to take out four city blocks. So far, this feat can't be applied, as it was defused, but I thought it was worth mentioning that Silver Sable some MCB explosives.

Later in episode, Spider-Man, Sable, the Wild Pack, Kingpin, and the Sinsister Six end up in Chernobyl of all places. They comments on how they need to leave before the radiation gets to them. They don't spend too long in there, but I'm curious. How long would one need to be on Chernobyl for the radiation to be effective? If we can figure that out, then depending on the results, Spider-Man may have a resistance his is not aware of. Episode 2: Six Forgotten Warriors, Chapter II: "Unclaimed Legacy"

At 02:53, Spider-Man and Sable are blasted through a large metal door by Electro.

03:44, Spider-Man dodges one of Electro's lightning bolts (Finally! We can confirm that his page isn't lying. Although I think some of the feats above may prove him to be faster)

Red Skull states that Electro, after recovering, will be able to control electricity all over the entire world. Do keep in mind the time period this show takes place during of course when considering the weight of this power.

At 06:58, Electro sends out a message to the world through his powers. He then shuts down all of the ground vehicles in New York (along with the power in multiple buildings, although in his speech he focuses on the vehicles) as a "small demonstration" of his power.

At 09:12, Spider-Man dodges another lightning bolt. By the way, the Six American/Forgotten Warriors dodge Electro's lightning too, and Spider-Man and the Sinister Six should be comparable to their speeds.

At 11:02, Black Marvel states that Electro is a thousand times more powerful than they thought and still growing in power. At 12:05, Electro senses a few of the American Heroes coming to stop him. That's either Precognition or Enhanced Senses.

13:58 shows Electro tanks (or absorbs? I think it's abosrbs) the energy from one of SHIELD's Helicarrier lasers before taking down the Helicarrier with just three of his blasts. Episode 6: Six Forgotten Warriors, Chapter V: "The Price of Heroism"

At 05:01, Spider-Man searches around everywhere New York that are near water and/or involve water (such as rivers and sewers) in order to find Hydro-Man. He does this during the night, and states he's been loking for hours, but doesn't show any tire. A nice speed and stamina feat. Later at 08:47, Spider-Man has snuck into ESU and is working hard at analzying Mary Jane's jacket in order to find her. He says he's lost track of time and that classes will be starting soon, again, giving us a good idea of his stamina, as he's showing no signs of tiring. He also figures out in that night where Hydro-Man took Mary Jane.

12:22 shows Hydro-Man breaking apart a support on an oil rig.

13:22 shows Spider-Man making a great leap while carrying Black Cat from an Oil Rig to a boat to avoid touching the electrified water. It should be noted Peter makes a similar jump while carrying MJ at the beginning of the episode, but this feat of agility is more impressive.

16:33, we see MJ remember some jargan about fireworks and elements used to make them. Later, she uses this to her advantage against Hydro-Man. When she and Black Cat are out of the building, an explosion caused by this at 19:05 can be seen, which is something both Spider-Man and Hydro-Man appear to tank. Episode 7: The Return of Hydro-Man, Part One

At 17:25, Hydro-Man begins detroying lots of Miles Warren's lab. Episode 8: The Return of Hydro-Man, Part Two

At 04:14, we see Doctor Doom no-sell a rocket shot from a rocket launcher.

At 03:14, the Beyonder shows an advanced peaceful civilization that eliminates the issues of hungry, pain, and unhappiness. The Beyonder then puts Doc Ock, Doctor Doom, Alistar Smythe, The Lizard, and the Red Skull to the planet. He then advances the planet through one Earth year, and the villains have taken over and destroyed lots of the previous areas on the planet Episode 9: Secret Wars, Chapter I: "Arrival"

At 07:38, Spider-Man attempts to web swing while on a new planet. He shoots a web onto a large boulder, accidentally pulling it down, while also crumbling down a good portion of rock beneath the boulder when he makes the attempt to web swing.

At 11:36, Black Cat states to Captain America that due to them having the same super soldier serum, she can do whatever he can do (she also adds "or better", but that seems more like a playful boast). Scaling here makes sense. Episode 10: Secret Wars, Chapter II: "The Gauntlet of the Red Skull"

At 02:31, The Lizard pulls off a large metal arm restraining him off of a giant robot. At 02:50, The Lizard slams the robot with the same arm, causing an explosion, and defeating it.

02:37, the robot (which is one of Doom's) blasts the Lizard back with two blasts. At 04:00, we see the same type of robot destroy the Fantasti-Car with one blast (though do keep in mind it did take one blast earlier to down the Fantasti-Car. Either way, the Lizard tanking this would be a scalable feat).

At 04:10 we see Reed, Sue, and Johnny get blasted by the same robot's lasers.

At 05:40, we see the origin of the Fantastic Four, which involves them being changed with radiation, surviving a shuttle crash, and running out of said shuttle like nothing happened. This origin is the same as the one in 90s Cartoon within this universe, so the feat can be used.

09:18 shows the Thing, in rock form (since at the moment Doom gave him the ability to switch between human and rock form) jumps in front of Doom and blocks two fireballs from the Human Torch, with his body, receiving no damage in the process.

At 14:38, Iron Man finishes explaining Doom is probably reading their minds and knows they will attack. Johnny says "What's he gonna do? Drop a mountain on us or something?"...and Doom does just that. Under the mountain, Spider-Man states how they can't keep it up for much longer, and they all make one push, combining their strengths to make a hole in hte mountain and escape. While I can already look at a glance and say we won't get Mountain Level out of it, this is still an impressive feat.

16:39 shows Spider-Man harming Doctor Doom. Note: One might say that this is an outlier, as Doom at the time controlled the Beyonder's powers. This is false. The Beyonder allowed Doom to think he did and Spidey even says "He could have easily destroyed us if he had really joined with you!", but it's stated that Doom never truly controlled his powers. Besides, I'm only bringing this up since Doom no-selled a rocket launcher rocket, ergo Spidey scales above that rocket. Episode 11: Secret Wars, Chapter III: "Doom"

04:18 shows Spider-Man escaping a building busting explosion from the Hobgoblin. Episode 12: Spider Wars, Chapter I: "I Really, Really Hate Clones"

In the final episode, Spider-Man goes to the "Real World" and meets Stan Lee, while also learning he was written by him...so...perhaps he gets a Fourth Wall Awareness addition? He even addresses himself as a "character of fiction". Just wondering. Episode 13: Spider Wars, Chapter II: "Farewell, Spider-Man"
Season 5's Feat List is Complete! Now we can get to feat and calc discussion regarding everything I've listed

That final episode is awesome, best Stan Lee cameo ever

Fourth Wall Awareness seems fair

I've already downloaded the episode for the mountain drop and I will try to calc it tomorrow

Awesome (Tbh I wasn't expecting that kind of feat from the episode)

Yeah I tend to forget about it because of how bonkers it is

You can tell Lizard was Hulk's replacement, he's in Hulk's place in the comic, holding the whole thing.

Lonkitt said:
Season 5 Feat List:
At 05:40, we see the origin of the Fantastic Four, which involves them being changed with radiation, surviving a shuttle crash, and running out of said shuttle like nothing happened. Note: These are the same Fantastic Four members from the 90s Cartoon within the same universe, so if this contradicts the original cartoon, we likely can't use this feat.
The FF's backstory is the same, for reference. It's even in the intro .

I'd also be remissed if I forgot to mention Johnny's rap number . Nothing involving scaling or even the Spider-Man cartoon directly, but it's an in-joke with my friends and I'm glad I get to bring it up on here.

@Wagdawgwag Thanks for confirming. I'll be sure to edit the text to note that it can be used. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one on this wiki who knows of Johnny's rap number.

Back