• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

90s Spider-Man AKA Fox Kids Spider-Man Feat Discussion

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
This is a common trend I've seen in the past with other alternate Spider-Men profiles where they're all given the assumed tier of 9-A with what's usually pretty vague reasoning. Given that this Spider-Man has two cartoons, with his first having 65 episodes (along with IIRC not being legally available on any streaming services), it's difficult for one person alone to look for feats and abilities.

Essentially, I think we need to look for some key feats for this Spider-Man and this thread is where we can start.

EDIT: Unlimited is not connected to the 90s Series.

Lizard throws Spider-Man into a tree house, destroying it.

Spider-Man and the Lizard tank an explosion from the Neogenic Recombinator in the water point blank.

Scorpion destroys a decent portion of stone.

Scorpion tackles Spider-Man into a shed, destroying it.

A pan over shot that shows some destruction caused by a more powerful Scorpion.

Spidey kicks Scorpion through a ceiling with the full extent of the hole shown here.

Otto Octavius survives an explosion that busts a building at 05:56 (the timestamp shown shows the size of the building prior to the explosion) . Spider-Man has been shown in the series to be capable of harming him, ergo, this can be scaled (assuming it's not a huge outlier)

Shocker destroys a large portion of a building . Rest of the feat continued here. While this fight happens with Black Suit Spidey, regular Spider-Man tanks the same blasts from Shocker.

Spider-Man outruns multiple explosions.

This was all from Season 1

I'll look into the other seasons as well, but it's mostly the explosion feats and Shocker feats that really show some promise so far. There were some other feats in there. More to come.

Season 2 Feat List:

With a single tail strike, Scorpion destroys a large portion of the street.

Hydro-Man makes a large geiser from a park fountai which Spider-Man claims to be 500 feet in height.

Hobgoblin casually survives a building busting explosion point blank. The exact size of the kind of building that exploded should be around the size of the ones timestamped here.(Now, in all fairness, Hogoblin later says "You didn't think I'd fall for that old exploding warehouse trick, did you?", but when Hobgoblin exits after Landon pulled the explosion on him, he seems genuinely angered rather than amused, so I'm up for hearing debates between if Hogoblin impled the explosion couldn't kill him or he just managed to sneak out at just the right time)

Punisher outruns a few explosions.

Punisher tanks his Battle Van exploding right next to him.

Spider-Man is hit with poison gas, recovering relatively fast. Here is Blade stating it's poison gas, since this was shortly after the gas was used on Spidey and Morbius and Blade tells Morbius he's about to use onemore round of poison gas. While Morbius is weak to it, Spidey should get some Poison Manipulation Resistance.

Blade kicks a Full Power Mobius into a boat, damaging it.

With his new extra sticky web batch, a single web line stops a grinder.

Oh, right I kind of forgot. In earlier episodes, he made other kinds of webbings. One used a hardening agent to work against the H2O in Hydro-Man's body. Another was made with some of Blade's Vampire Repellent to restrain Morbius longer, but Spidey admits he watered it down as to not kill him

At 10:17, the Mega Slayer busts a large portion of a wall. At 11:07, the full-scale of the hole can be seen. At 12:16, Spider-Man is hit with a missile. At 12:33, the Mega Slayer makes another large hole.

Tombstone busts through a large wooden barrier covering up a hole.

At 9:34, one of the Mega Slayers arms explodes, blasting back Spider-Man. 18:07 shows Spider-Man running through and avoiding laser beams. For the record, this episode and the one prior shows these to be legit light as A) They are the source of Sunlight (or in the case of this specific use of the Tablet of Time it would be artificial light, which is still legit). B) They reflect like lasers. (Note. There are other things in this series which seem similar to real lasers, but so far, this feat may be the best and most legit one)

At 3:09, a decent portion of the top of a building is destroyed, which an old and weakened Spider-Man survives the explosion which caused it. 17:36 shows Spider-Man attempting to escape some explosions with Connors, only for one to blast him.

Yea I've always thought the same about his profile, it looked like someone just slapped on a 9-A rating without getting any calcs done or any good reasons on why he should be 9-A.

This thread is a great idea. I've actually seen every episode of Spider-Man the Animated Series but it's been awhile. One of the feats I can recall of the top of my head is in S3 E11 where Venom smashes through the wall of his prison cell, that should yield at least wall level results.

Yeah I remember that feat. Also, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one wary of the basically proofless 9-A rating for Spidey. Its the same reason I searched for Spectacular Spider-Man's feats and now he's been upgraded.

I'll be covering each season's notable feats. There's already a lot of wall level stuff from a glance that hasn't been linked here, but I figured that's likely not the higher end of things yet.

Lonkitt said:
Season 2 Feat List:With a single tail strike, Scorpion destroys a large portion of the street.
Hydro-Man makes a large geiser from a park fountai which Spider-Man claims to be 500 feet in height.

Hobgoblin casually survives a building busting explosion point blank. The exact size of the kind of building that exploded should be around the size of the ones timestamped here.(Now, in all fairness, Hogoblin later says "You didn't think I'd fall for that old exploding warehouse trick, did you?", but when Hobgoblin exits after Landon pulled the explosion on him, he seems genuinely angered rather than amused, so I'm up for hearing debates between if Hogoblin impled the explosion couldn't kill him or he just managed to sneak out at just the right time)

Punisher outruns a few explosions.

Punisher tanks his Battle Van exploding right next to him.

Spider-Man is hit with poison gas, recovering relatively fast. Here is Blade stating it's poison gas, since this was shortly after the gas was used on Spidey and Morbius and Blade tells Morbius he's about to use onemore round of poison gas. While Morbius is weak to it, Spidey should get some Poison Manipulation Resistance.

Blade kicks a Full Power Mobius into a boat, damaging it.

With his new extra sticky web batch, a single web line stops a grinder.

Oh, right I kind of forgot. In earlier episodes, he made other kinds of webbings. One used a hardening agent to work against the H2O in Hydro-Man's body. Another was made with some of Blade's Vampire Repellent to restrain Morbius longer, but Spidey admits he watered it down as to not kill him

At 10:17, the Mega Slayer busts a large portion of a wall. At 11:07, the full-scale of the hole can be seen. At 12:16, Spider-Man is hit with a missile. At 12:33, the Mega Slayer makes another large hole.

Tombstone busts through a large wooden barrier covering up a hole.

At 9:34, one of the Mega Slayers arms explodes, blasting back Spider-Man. 18:07 shows Spider-Man running through and avoiding laser beams. For the record, this episode and the one prior shows these to be legit light as A) They are the source of Sunlight (or in the case of this specific use of the Tablet of Time it would be artificial light, which is still legit). B) They reflect like lasers. (Note. There are other things in this series which seem similar to real lasers, but so far, this feat may be the best and most legit one)

At 3:09, a decent portion of the top of a building is destroyed, which an old and weakened Spider-Man survives the explosion which caused it. 17:36 shows Spider-Man attempting to escape some explosions with Connors, only for one to blast him.
Bumping this. Season 2's feat list is now complete. Onto Season 3.

On Spider-Man's page his speed currently sits at Massively Hypersonic for dodging lighting. I don't really recall Spider-Man dodging real lighting Throughout the series, do you know of any moments throughout the series where Spider-Man dodged anything that could classify as real lighting?

MJF6219 said:
On Spider-Man's page his speed currently sits at Massively Hypersonic for dodging lighting. I don't really recall Spider-Man dodging real lighting Throughout the series, do you know of any moments throughout the series where Spider-Man dodged anything that could classify as real lighting?
I recall Electro coming in VERY LATE into the series. I can't actually remember if he dodged any of his lightning bolts. I think this was just put there as a wild assumption by whoever made the page, but I'll keep my eyes out for any lightning feats. Spider-Man many dodged gun blaster fire, and lasers (as I showed about). For now, this Spidey's speed should really be left at Unknow until more feats and calcs are gathered.

Alright, I forgot to address this two days ago, but I had an unfinished Season 3 feat page that I posted and constantly updated with feats. However, it seemed to have deleted itself. I will try again, but if anyone could help explain this, that would be great.

EDIT: Update on that...it seems that I can no longer link some of the feats I'm finding as they are from ***********. The links above are still good, but I can no longer provide *********** links. Alright, so I'll just do this in two ways:

1. Find YouTube links to the scenes.

2. Say which episode a feat comes from and at what timestamp to find it.

If you wish to calc any of these feats that cannot be linked, please contact me, as I can provide the links myself.

Season 3 Feat List:

At 13:40, Wong deflects a laser (which could be legit as the laser deflects), which should scaled to Spidey, as both have contended with Mordo's Disciples who can keep up with the two in combat. (Note: Wong deflects the laser with his blades, which seem to be powered with magic, so it could just be Wong using magic to deflect a regular energy blast). At 16:29, Spider-Man comments that Dormammu's speed is slow in comparison to his own. Episode 1: Doctor Strange

At 02:06, Doctor Octopus easily tears through steel. Episode 2: Make a Wish

At 08:45, Doctor Octopus destroys a large portion of a wall. At 08:58, Doctor Octopus squeezes a jeep until until it explodes. Episode 3: Attack of the Octobot

At 02:43, Norman Osborn tanks a large explosion. Something that hinders this feat is that Stromm was at a similar spot as Norman, and survived the explosion too, but seeing as this is the explosion that created the Green Goblin persona, I believe we can use this. Episode 4: Enter the Green Goblin

Spider-Man states Venom has become stronger in comparison to his last appearance.

Carnage should can a hax addition for Soul Manipulation, as he has the power to drain the life energy of others, which he uses to bring Dormammu back. It should also be noted that when Dormammu is successfully brought back, he says there are "new souls to consume". He is referring to souls that he will consume, but from what I can tell, he's also referring to the life energy as souls. Carnage's limitations with his Soul Manip is that he can only take so much life energy at a time, as he would need to put the souls into an urn before heading out for more. Here's an example of Carnage's Soul Manipulation in action.It should also be noted that Spider-Man gets some of his life force drained, but Carnage soon stops, and targets an individual he thinks "deserves" it more than Spidey. Spider-Man is winded for a bit, but gets up soon after. Probably not gonna count towards any Resistances for Spider-Man, but I thought it was worth noting.

At 14:24, Spider-Man dodged electricity projectiles from the Green Goblin. Episode 14: Turning Point

Spider-Man dodges lightning...or electricity? Personally, I would look at this more like lightning, but I'd rather have some second opinions given on that one.

Last edited:
Lonkitt said:
Season 3 Feat List:
At 13:40, Wong deflects a laser (which could be legit as the laser deflects), which should scaled to Spidey, as both have contended with Mordo's Disciples who can keep up with the two in combat. (Note: Wong deflects the laser with his blades, which seem to be powered with magic, so it could just be Wong using magic to deflect a regular energy blast). At 16:29, Spider-Man comments that Dormammu's speed is slow in comparison to his own. Episode 1: Doctor Strange

At 02:06, Doctor Octopus easily tears through steel. Episode 2: Make a Wish

At 08:45, Doctor Octopus destroys a large portion of a wall. At 08:58, Doctor Octopus squeezes a jeep until until it explodes. Episode 3: Attack of the Octobot

At 02:43, Norman Osborn tanks a large explosion. Something that hinders this feat is that Stromm was at a similar spot as Norman, and survived the explosion too, but seeing as this is the explosion that created the Green Goblin persona, I believe we can use this. Episode 4: Enter the Green Gobli

Spider-Man states Venom has become stronger in comparison to his last appearance.

Carnage should can a hax addition for Soul Manipulation, as he has the power to drain the life energy of others, which he uses to bring Dormammu back. It should also be noted that when Dormammu is successfully brought back, he says there are "new souls to consume". He is referring to souls that he will consume, but from what I can tell, he's also referring to the life energy as souls. Carnage's limitations with his Soul Manip is that he can only take so much life energy at a time, as he would need to put the souls into an urn before heading out for more. Here's an example of Carnage's Soul Manipulation in action.It should also be noted that Spider-Man gets some of his life force drained, but Carnage soon stops, and targets an individual he thinks "deserves" it more than Spidey. Spider-Man is winded for a bit, but gets up soon after. Probably not gonna count towards any Resistances for Spider-Man, but I thought it was worth noting.

At 14:24, Spider-Man dodged electrcity projectiles from the Green Goblin. Episode 14: Turning Point

Spider-Man dodges lightning...or electricity? Personally, I would look at this more like lightning, but I'd rather have some second opinions given on that one.
Bumping this, as I've gathered what I believe to be the most notable set of feats from this season. A bit lacking in comparison to Season 2, but not useless. Next up is Season 4...

Season 4 Feat List:

At 12:00, Spider-Man dodges multiple laser blasts and at 12:17 is even fast enough to pull up metal plating in time to deflect one. Episode 1: Guilty

At 11:40, Kraven uses a small explosive on Spider-Man and Black Cat, which the two handle without any harm. Episode 4: The Return of Krave

At 03:18, Alistair Smythe destroys a large portion of a building's wall with his laser blasts (Spider-Man has been hit with these blasts before). At 03:44, Spider-Man tanks a rocket from a rocket launcher exploding right next to him. Episode 5: Partners

This feat is hard to really calculation. We learn that Blade is hunting the Vampire Queen in Europe at night. On the same night, she flies to New York City relatively fast. We last see her fly away from Europe at 03:47 and then arrive at New York City (or at least an alleyway in the city) at 04:48. Due to how the show is cut, it's the reason I think this is hard to calc. Spider-Man can keep up with the Vampire Queen, which is the context as to why this feat could be important. Episode 7: The Vampire Quee

At 10:02, Prowler uses his energy beams to destroy a car. At 11:13, Spider-Man is hit with a barrage of Prowler's energy beams. That's Small Building iirc? 17:02, Kingpin tells his men to "get the high intensity laser weapon" so they can open a steel door. Notice the "high intensity" part, implying that this weapon is just a stronger variant of the ones his men use, which makes sense given shortly after Spider-Man calls one of the lesser weapons a stun weapon. However, the bigger focus here is how we have more support for laser dodging feats, which are extremely consistent for Spider-Man in this series, since he dodges a lot of blasts from these Kingpin henchmen. Episode 11: The Prowler

Bowser-us said:
Wait, why are 1999 and 1994 spider-man in the same profile? Aren't they different characters?
Nope. Unlimited is a continuation of the 90s series.

Yeah, I know. It's weird, but still, they are canon to each other.

Lonkitt said:
Bowser-us said:
Wait, why are 1999 and 1994 spider-man in the same profile? Aren't they different characters?
One is a continuation(?) of the other, but they aren't necessarily in the same universe. Things are shakey and I don't think I've ever seen a definitive answer to these questions, personally. I'd appreciate a link to some sources on this if you have any.

Unlimited is much more of a cult thing than the 90's animated series, so it has less information on it overall.

Wagdawgwag said:
Lonkitt said:
Bowser-us said:
One is a continuation(?) of the other, but they aren't necessarily in the same universe. Things are shakey and I don't think I've ever seen a definitive answer to these questions, personally. I'd appreciate a link to some sources on this if you have any.
Unlimited is much more of a cult thing than the 90's animated series, so it has less information on it overall.
I stand corrected as you are very much right. I did some research, and despite some connections, this is what John Semper Jr (producer, writer, and story editor for Spider-Man: TAS) said in an interview: "When writing Venom's character it was always hard to remember that he never spoke in the singular. He only spoke in the plural. The first thing I noticed in that flawed Spider-Man: Unlimited series that followed ours was they had Venom and Carnage in the first episode and were both speaking in the singular. That's how I knew right away that the writers of that short lived series hadn't done their homework. And let me state for the record that my series and that Unlimited series are not connected in any way, shape, or form. I had nothing to do with Spider-Man: Unlimited."

You could technically debate that what Semper says about "I had nothing to do with Spider-Man: Unlimited" doesn't nescesarily mean the cartoons aren't canon, but the fact that he says they do not connect in any way, shape, or form seems to point to these being separate universes.

This means we'll have to split the current profile for this Spidey into two. I'll continue feat searching for both though.

Lonkitt said:
I stand corrected as you are very much right. I did some research, and despite some connections, this is what John Semper Jr (producer, writer, and story editor for Spider-Man: TAS) said in an interview: "When writing Venom's character it was always hard to remember that he never spoke in the singular. He only spoke in the plural. The first thing I noticed in that flawed Spider-Man: Unlimited series that followed ours was they had Venom and Carnage in the first episode and were both speaking in the singular. That's how I knew right away that the writers of that short lived series hadn't done their homework. And let me state for the record that my series and that Unlimited series are not connected in any way, shape, or form. I had nothing to do with Spider-Man: Unlimited."

You could technically debate that what Semper says about "I had nothing to do with Spider-Man: Unlimited" doesn't nescesarily mean the cartoons aren't canon, but the fact that he says they do not connect in any way, shape, or form seems to point to these being separate universes.

This means we'll have to split the current profile for this Spidey into two. I'll continue feat searching for both though.
Same with the symbiotes who followed him to Counter-Earth.

I believe the similarities of the two universes was to make it easy for viewers of the old one to hop in, rather than them being connected.

Guide sites seem to list them as seperate universes, but I can't seem to find any citation on where this was said. 90's X-Men and Spidey seem to happen on Earth-92131 and Unlimited seems to happen on Earth-741263.

Finding the source of this information wouldn't only help work on the profile but clear up things in general when it comes to the Marvel multiverse.

The only other cartoons I believe are connection to 90s X-Men and Spider-Man are 90s Hulk and 90s Iron Man. Can't remember any others.

Lonkitt said:
Season 4 Feat List:At 12:00, Spider-Man dodges multiple laser blasts and at 12:17 is even fast enough to pull up metal plating in time to deflect one. Episode 1: Guilty
At 11:40, Kraven uses a small explosive on Spider-Man and Black Cat, which the two handle without any harm. Episode 4: The Return of Krave

At 03:18, Alistair Smythe destroys a large portion of a building's wall with his laser blasts (Spider-Man has been hit with these blasts before). At 03:44, Spider-Man tanks a rocket from a rocket launcher exploding right next to him. Episode 5: Partners

This feat is hard to really calculation. We learn that Blade is hunting the Vampire Queen in Europe at night. On the same night, she flies to New York City relatively fast. We last see her fly away from Europe at 03:47 and then arrive at New York City (or at least an alleyway in the city) at 04:48. Due to how the show is cut, it's the reason I think this is hard to calc. Spider-Man can keep up with the Vampire Queen, which is the context as to why this feat could be important. Episode 7: The Vampire Quee

At 10:02, Prowler uses his energy beams to destroy a car. At 11:13, Spider-Man is hit with a barrage of Prowler's energy beams. That's Small Building iirc? 17:02, Kingpin tells his men to "get the high intensity laser weapon" so they can open a steel door. Notice the "high intensity" part, implying that this weapon is just a stronger variant of the ones his men use, which makes sense given shortly after Spider-Man calls one of the lesser weapons a stun weapon. However, the bigger focus here is how we have more support for laser dodging feats, which are extremely consistent for Spider-Man in this series, since he dodges a lot of blasts from these Kingpin henchmen. Episode 11: The Prowler
Bumping this feat list, as I've finished Season 4. I have one more season to tackle.

There are. I've just admittedly been kinda sleeping on the last season. Gonna try to fix that.

Unlimited was meant to be a sequel to TAS, even though Semper never approved of it. You can hear the TAS theme in the first episode when Spidey puts on his custome, marking the return of TAS Spidey, if you will.

Btw, when Spidey gets to the other Earth, the High Evolutionary's Machine Men slow down and carry the shuttle down. The Machine Men are fodder to Spidey and regularly get overpowered by him and other characters so I'd say there's some nice scaling there, I'm partially sure the nanosuit enhances Spidey's strength.

Also, seeing how Venom is Class 100 and Spidey is able to sometimes shrug him off or not be totally overpowered, I would say that, much like the Spectacular Spider-Man profile, we should have an "at least" and "at his peak". Granted, tanks weights aren't always in the Class 100 range, so one could argue that being given to Venom is a bit too generous

@Dark-Carioca

Glad you pointed out that Machine Men feat. That's one of the Unlimited feats I remember off hand, and I think some solid AP can come out of it.

Also while yeah, there are tons of nods to the 90s cartoon and it was originally supposed to be a sequel to it, I honestly can't bring myself to believe it's a sequel anymore given how Semper said it's not connected in any way, shape, or form, and the inconsistencies sort of confirm this.

Ex. Venom and Carange somehow returning and being pretty chill with each other. Venom speaking in a singular form. The story of Venom and Carnage being different in the origins....a lot of this is just the Symbiotes

Just checked the scene again, 4 Machine Men carried it down with ease, so that's at least Class 25 for each of them based on similar space shuttles.

@Lonkitt Should we then separate them into Spider-Man (TAS) and Spider-Man (Spider-Man Unlimited)? I'm fine with that. There's a recent mobile game known as Spider-Man Unlimited as well but I doubt anyone will make profiles for that

Do keep in mind their official Earth numbers are Earth-92131 and Earth-751263 respectively. Unlimited has non-canon tie-in comics, if anyone wants to check those out. I don't they add much to his feats list, but there's stuff in there.

Not enough interest on the series, I imagine.

Either that or most fans of this series probably aren't part of the wiki or remember it well enough.

@Dark-Carioca

Yeah the most appropiate thing to do would be to separate the profiles. As for the comics, if anyone could find scans of those and we for whatever reason have enough to work with, we could make like, a Comic Key for Unlimited's page. Also, nice we already have something he can scale to

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Why hasn't any of this been done before?
Just as Dark said, people just had a lack of interest and when it comes to Cartoon Spider-Men, people just say Small Building and hope for the best. Revisions like these are needed. Heck, I did one on Spectacular and now he's at Building Level.

I did a quick calc of the shuttle crash, and based on the shuttle's possible weight as well as this I get a result of hundreds of tons worth of TNT, or Multi-City Block level (I'll re-do it in a blog tomorrow), and the Machine Men not only caught up to it (if it was going at Mach 25+ that's High Hypersonic flight speed for them) with ease but also stopped it pretty quickly.

So much for them being the fodder putties lol

>potential MCB Spider-Man Unlimited

That's pretty nice

He consistently fights the Machine Men, so he definitely scales to at least the bare minimum of whatever the calc would wield.

The only time we saw regen in the show, other than Connors' lab mouse (which one could argue is a good showing for Lizard who should have the same ability to heal a lost limb in seconds) was from the symbiote but it only regrew a small hole in its body, nothing major.

Spider-Carnage should maybe have better regen, but definitely nothing too impressive.

Also, while I'm not finished Season 5, I know that Spider-Carnage should get a higher tiering with Prep Time. He made a bomb that would destroy every single reality and succeeded in doing so, but the Beyonder was able to stop and reverse time once the blast reached his dimension.

Dark-Carioca said:
Do keep in mind their official Earth numbers are Earth-92131 and Earth-751263 respectively. Unlimited has non-canon tie-in comics, if anyone wants to check those out. I don't they add much to his feats list, but there's stuff in there.
The comic tie-in universes are Earth-0 and TRN-583, respectively.

Even if you're not on the lookout for scans, I think it's worth it just to look at more content for the Unlimited version of the character. He fights Counter-Earth versions of characters from the greater Marvel universe and not just his own rogue's gallery. Plus it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

@Lonkitt I just added that, actually lol

There's more to add given the Time Dilation Accelerator is a portal device and he turned it into a black hole by the end, and I will do that one day, I'm just full of work right now

Back