• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

90s Spider-Man AKA Fox Kids Spider-Man Feat Discussion

Dark-Carioca said:
The Spider-Man Unlimited calc was accepted, so we can start making profiles for at least Spidey and the symbiotes.
Shall I, or does anyone else want the... honor?
Go for it, my guy.

Do I have the permission to remove the Unlimited keys from the profiles?

That we need to discuss with Antvasima or one of the other higher ups here

@Hellbeast1

Every major character scales to the Machine Men, Spidey, Venom and Carnage regularly mop the floor with them.

Who would be a good higher up to speak to about this? It's very important

I suppose you could tell Antvasima about how it's a different continuity altogether in spite of how it's treated as a sequel to TAS by some.

We'll add that to the verse profile as well.

Dark-Carioca said:
I suppose you could tell Antvasima about how it's a different continuity altogether in spite of how it's treated as a sequel to TAS by some.
We'll add that to the verse profile as well.
One thing being a continuation of another doesn't make them canon to each other. I think comics, cartoons, and comics based on cartoons are a good way to show that.

We've already discussed this so I shouldn't go over it again, but long story short, Unlimited was meant to be the sequel for TAS (you can even hear the TAS theme in the first episode) and some still consider it that, but there are many things in it that don't that up, and even the guy behind TAS doesn't consider it a sequel

Overall, Semper's statements and too many contradictions within the show prevent us from being able to link the canons.

Oh and another thing. Should I explain everything to him there or ask him to come here?

What are the summarised conclusions here?

We believe that the key for the Nanotech Spider-Man suit should be removed from TAS Spider-Man's page, instead making a separate page for the Unlimited Spider-Man, as Unlimited is not connected to TAS.

While sublte nods are made to TAS in Unlimited (and it was originally going to be a sequel), Word of God has stated the cartoons aren't connected, and Unlimited has too many contradictions for it to be connected in the first place.

I seem to have encountered an error when editing Spidey's page...would someone mind fixing it? His powers and abilities aren't showing, but they're still in the source. I apologize for this trouble

We're gonna do a few revisions since the TAS characters need to get upgraded. Though a calc of mine has yet to be evalutated so we're waiting on that.

We're also gonna work on profiles for the Spider-Man Unlimited characters, and likely change the 'Fox Kids' in Spider-Man (Fox Kids) for something else, maybe MAU for Marvel Animated Universe.

Before you tell me, yes, I know there is already a MAU verse page, but I feel like other Earths should be included in there, since it mentions the Beyonder which appears in Spider-Man: The Animated Series and not in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

There are quite a few Marvel Animated Universes so we could all fit them in there.

I think it's also worth noting we have a nice array of laser dodging/reacting feats and explosions feats here. If not the explosion feats, the laser feats would be definitely worth looking at

Indeed

My computer isn't working right now so I'm working from another pc, but not well, so I'll be unable to help here for a few days, at minimum.

The mountain calc got accepted though, so you may start upgrading the profiles.

Awesome. I'll get on that. Sorry to hear about your PC though.

Oh, yeah right. I'll add those.

Also, I noted on Spider-Man's profile that he has the webbing with the hardening agent that he uses to hold Hydro-Man back. Should I keep that as Water Manipulation Negation or as a Resistance one of his webbings has?

Oh, and do you think what I mentioned about Carnage's Soul Manip is legit to be added?

Do you think Lizard could have a Key for when his Lizard Body and Human Mind were fused in Secret Wars?

iirc Spidey claims that the more he uses his lizard strength he becomes more animalistic, but nothing about him getting stronger due to it or anything like that.

Him gaining control over the form during Secret Wars could be added to the intelligence part, though every time he transformed he kinda was in control, just crazier and more feral.

The only reason I suggest a separate key is for the intellect advantage, which yes, does get negated if he gives into his animalistic side. Maybe it's better to just stick to a single key.

I did a little calc while watching the Hydro-Man debut episode so that the characters being Class M stays consistent. A guard claims that the enclosure Hydro enters has the pressure of 4000 fathoms or something like that (it's keeping some pearls in and stuff), but since fathoms stands for depth and not pressure, I assumed he meant the pressure if the water was 4000 fathoms deep.

That translates to 73484.4 kPa, and assuming Hydro has the surface area of an average adult man (1.9 m2) that means he was ignoring a crushing weight of 7493.3234080955 tonnes per square meter, or simply 3943.8 metric tons.

Oh, nice, that's something I never took into account when watching that episode. Good to know it's consistent.

Back