• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

90s Spider-Man AKA Fox Kids Spider-Man Feat Discussion

Something worth adding for both Goblins' future profiles is their second glider which can go twice as high and four times as fast as stated in the Hobgoblin's debut episode

I think a calc we could get done just via some searches which I personally feel like I would be bad at doing would be Red Skull's claim on how Electro can control all of the electrcity in the entire world. Plus this claim, thanks to the further events, doesn't seem to be a boast. We would just need to consider the time period and know how much electrcity the world had at that state. No idea how hard that is to find tho.

The episode with Electro, going by release date, would be in 1997. I think this would be a fair year to choose.

Another feat I remembered is Rhino shaking the space shuttle in the symbiote's debut episode.

That should give us higher levels of strength compared to him picking up an elevator or flipping an armored van.

Damn...so we at least know that Electro is City level. Not bad, not bad. Hopefully we can find the full value.

As a reminder, for any calcs done on the feats here, please link them in this thread.

Yeah, they do fuse at one point and every time they blow up they heal from a puddle. Considering the humans inside are as viscuous as the symbiotes (Spidey mentions in the first episode that they're different from before but we've already discussed that they should get different profiles) there's probably more we can add since other than Sound nothing does anything to them.

Nice work and thanks for calcing it. The results are pretty great too.

Did some research on early Spidey feats

In The Alien Symbiote (Part 1), Spidey tries his new strength by lifting the back end of a fire engine, then he claims that he used to struggle lifting a Volkswagen.

Using this model, contemporary with the show, we can determine that Spidey is easily in Class 5.

Using this fire engine, Symbiote Spidey enters at least Class 10, if not Class 25, increasing his strength tenfold at least, though other engines can weigh as much as nearly 40 tonnes (Class 50).

I think maybe we could separate Spider-Man (TAS) in various keys such as early and late series Spidey... Or we could ignore these since we'll find better lifting strength feats for sure.

Personally, I think it's much easier to ignore a Late to Early key for Spidey in this series. Besides, the any differences there may be are much less noticeable, unlike other characters with keys in regards to certain parts of their series'. Although, a Symbiote Key would make sense.

We also have, like, a ton of explosion feets to look at.

Lonkitt said:
Personally, I think it's much easier to ignore a Late to Early key for Spidey in this series. Besides, the any differences there may be are much less noticeable, unlike other characters with keys in regards to certain parts of their series'. Although, a Symbiote Key would make sense.
We also have, like, a ton of explosion feets to look at.
What about Man-Spider? Is there enough there to justify a key?

Oh, definitely. Thanks for reminding me of that, it would make sense as a key. Plus, in the final two parter arc, we saw an alternate version of Spider-Man that never cured his mutation. When he went in Man-Spider form, he actually overpowered Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider at the same time.

1 Ton of TNT. That's solid building level. I know that Symbiote Spidey definitely scales. IIRC Base Spidey should scale as well.

EDIT: Just for simplicity's sake, can you screenshot those two claims you found within the guide?

Rhinotasstuff
We get an origin for Rhino, he's Smythe's creation here. And then there's the age bit
Spideystufftas

We can see at least Building level to City Block consistency with stuff like the Spider Slayers, the third of which (The Scorpion) could one shot tanks with its lasers which Spidey withstands in the tie-in comics for TAS, though maybe the comics will have their own profiles.

At least Large Building level for the M1 Abrams tank I linked in my previous post, but likely higher given the Oscorp tanks seem bigger and also more futuristic, thus are probably tougher.

Didn't know the 90s Series had tie-in comics. Might be worth checking out.

Lonkitt said:
Didn't know the 90s Series had tie-in comics. Might be worth checking out.
The thing about these tie-in comics is that they're relatively short in terms of run.

X-Men and Spider-Man lasted fifteen issues each, and Unlimited Vol 2 only lasted five.

I would ask why Unlimited got noticeably less comics, but...I think we both know why.

Actually I was gonna say because Unlimited was badly received and overall I doubt a ton of people at Marvel cared enough for it to give it more comics.

Meanwhile TAS got two tie-in comics: The Adventures of Spider-Man and Spider-Man Adventures

The Spider-Man Unlimited calc was accepted, so we can start making profiles for at least Spidey and the symbiotes.

Shall I, or does anyone else want the... honor?

Back