• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, shouldn't the toys be 9-C in durability? Like, it's all too consistent.

First of all, these two. Zurg falling was deemed an outlier due to not being any other feats, and the other one was just 10 joules away from being street level and PotatoHead tanked the attack with no damage.

And then there's this one. (Actual Calc is in the comments) It's also 9-C and a reminder of why you should never leave me close to math. (Redux from a guy who actually knows what he's doing)

I wouldn't say I know what I'm doing when all of my calcs have either been rejected, or shut down some other way

At least you're doing better than the guy who thought that a Multi City Block level+ feat was just a Building level feat.

Toys could be durable, depending of the material of what they are made of. Buzz surviving a tv falling on him is factible, such toy of its quality wouldn't have been crushed.

Maybe I could accept it for Buzz (even then not sure since the trash next to him could have absorbed some of the energy), but Woody shouldn't have 9-C since his arm got ripped by a casual play of a like 7 to 8 years old kid. Also toys doesn't feel pain and thus nothing really "hurts" them unless it destroys them completely (such as being reduced to plush or being incinirated).

Bo Peep shouldn't be 9-C either since she's stated to be breakable. The reason why she do all of her acrobatic stuff in Toy Story 4 is because she has learned to minimize the impact of her fall (and even then, she still had some broken parts that got fixed later)

Obviously Woody is not as durable, he is made of... cotton? either way, cloth or cotton are way more either to tear (although more resistent against certain damage, like crushing one).

And yeah Cotton/plush toys like Woody would be more resistant to blunt force, while hard plastic toys like Buzz would be more resistant to cutting/tearing (I guess)

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Bo Peep shouldn't be 9-C either since she's stated to be breakable. The reason why she do all of her acrobatic stuff in Toy Story 4 is because she has learned to minimize the impact of her fall (and even then, she still had some broken parts that got fixed later)
We have stated on her profile that she possibly scales. As for Woody, some parts of his body, like the head, are made of plastic, so he also scales.

Woody is just as resistent has the material is made of, be the torso or his head. Its other physical characteristics are already unrelated tho, so toys could be either glass canons or stone walls.

We've sort of already settled on them being stone walls a while back (As they never really harm each other)

Okay, if the changes are to just stretch the value to 9-C because the stuff is pretty close to it, I have to say that I don't think that should be done, unless there's something that scales them above their current 10-A+ stuff, which doesn't appear to be the case.

They actually have a 9-C durability feat that was ruled out for not being consistent, however their 10-A+ durability feat is only 10 joules away from 9-C (Also they only have a single 10-A+ durability feat)

I mean, they would still be baseline 9-C, 10 joules isn't that big of a difference either, however, so I'm neutral.

9-C is sheer assumption, while possible, it can't actually be indexed like that because of that per the site standards, meaning that just "At least 10-A+" is surely the most you are getting accepted with the current stuff.

It's not assumption when they have a 9-C feat, and the 10-A+ feat is stupidly close to 9-C and did no damage to Potato Head, but I suppose At Least 10-A+ could work

The 9-C stuff is an outlier, so it can't be taken into account, so overall, just "At least 10-A+", as said before, would be the best option here.

Besides we actually have done "Character upscales from a feat close to a tier so they are that tier" before, examples that come to mind atm are Prime All-Might being High 7-A upscaling from a 7-A+ feat, and DB 7-A characters getting their tier by being undamaged by a 7-B+ attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back