• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 4 (Star-Lord vs Yatsuhashi Daichi)

WeeklyBattles said:
Because he was explicitly not touching his target in the scan i just provided, as well as the previous scans and in the fight against Mercury. He himself even flat out says that he uses it before he makes contact with the opponent in order to get free hits in.
Quill doesnt have the aerial advantage against a guy who can jump as high as he can fly and who can erase his memory to prevent him from dodging

The electricity is 100% dodgeable
I dont know what target this even is, but where does it say in quote form he does that before he makes contact, or that this guy wasn't next to him or something.

He does, flight is much better than 'jumping', especially when Yatsu would be weighed down by gravity. Quill has shown to fly much farther than Yatsu has, and again, why would there be a limit to how high Yatsu can fly? He literally flew to space in Gotg2 on Ego which didn't have any noticeable gravity changes, which could be controlled.

'Dodgeable'. All of Yatsuhashi's attacks are easily dodgeable in that case. Quill has easy range, Yatsu hasn't, and would be keeping extremely far away from Yatsu. Quill has mltiple ways of immobilising him too, and has caught someone who has precognition (Spiderman) off guard.

Still waiting on that scan of Quill flying more than a few meters off the ground on a planet with earth gravity with his rocket boots btw

WeeklyBattles said:
How exactly does versatility mean that bullets would be harder to dodge when every quite literally character and their mother can dodge bullets like nothing?
Implying Yatsu needs his sword in order to fight. The guy manhandled Mercury with his bare hands and has punched Grimm to death before.
Speed Equalised, and these are rapid fire bullets. So yes, they would be hard to dodge, especially for someone as big as Yatsuhashi, who is less of a mover and more of a power stapler. Quill can also fly and attack from any aerial angle. Like to see Yatsuhashi just try and jump up to Quill.

He would definitely need his sword yes. He could barely grab Mercury and only did it once. And Mercury wasn't flying around in the air. The sword also provides him a guard against the bullets, where if its not there, he's an even easier target.

Thinking would prove to be difficult in this situation

*****, give me a few minutes, i'll post the other scan of it when i get home, it got cut off.

Flight is not better than jumping when youre just floating in midair completely stationary unable to react or understand whats happening unable to remember where you are and unable to react.

Yatsu's attacks are not easily dodgeable when Quill's memory is erased making him incapable of comprehending the attack in order to dodge it. Also Spider Man doesnt use his precog in combat until after endgame.

WeeklyBattles said:
Still waiting on that scan of Quill flying more than a few meters off the ground on a planet with earth gravity with his rocket boots btw
Guardians of the Galaxy 2? The flying gear Yondu wears is the same as Starlord.

These rocket boots wouldn't be limited in range either. Theres no limit to what heights he can fly, theres no logical reason for that. He just stays lower so he can hover shoot. He has far more agility compared to jumping to dodge Yatsuhashi from, and a mastery over this form of flight.

Jinx666 said:

These rocket boots wouldn't be limited in range either. Theres no limit to what heights he can fly, theres no logical reason for that. He just stays lower so he can hover shoot. He has far more agility compared to jumping to dodge Yatsuhashi from, and a mastery over this form of flight.
The i suggest you make a CRT because both his profile and the MCU wiki say otherwise

Quill's bullets are not rapid fire. His guns are semi auto, each shot requires one pull of the trigger. Yatsu has dodged guns that function the same as well as guns that are actually fully automatic. And no, Yatsu is absolutely a mover.

Yatsu punched grimm much stronger than Quill to death. He does not need his sword in order to kill Quill.

Again, to summarize this fight:

Yatsu tries to hit Quill

Quill files into the air and starts shooting

Yatsu erases Quill's memory

Quill forgets he's in a fight and wonders why he's randomly in midair

Yatsu oneshots him

WeeklyBattles said:
*****, give me a few minutes, i'll post the other scan of it when i get home, it got cut off.
Flight is not better than jumping when youre just floating in midair completely stationary unable to react or understand whats happening unable to remember where you are and unable to react.

Yatsu's attacks are not easily dodgeable when Quill's memory is erased making him incapable of comprehending the attack in order to dodge it. Also Spider Man doesnt use his precog in combat until after endgame.
You clearly don't know how Star lord flies then if you think he just hovers there stationary. He's abl to react, he would still realise he's in a fight, but given the range he wold keep Yatsu in, he wouldnt be completely rabbit in a headlights and would have time.

Spiderman's precog is passive. Its not something he can choose to use or not use. Its not the most effective in the MCU, but its still been existant. Spiderman in Endgame was literally a few minutes after that whole battle as well given by the erasure time.

Yatsu is also more immobolised via energy bolas and the Gravity manipulation. Again.

This is a match of versatility, With an aerial combatant armed to the teeth vs a grounded close quarters guy with a big butterknife. You're basically saying Yatsu wins by dodging perfectly, and using this semblance in a way we never seen before, while he's midair jumping to a guy who has bullets that can easily immobilize Yatsu and stun him to ignore durability. As well as Quill's methods of immobilisation being ignored.

@Weekly

and Why is this the only and most likely outcome to the fight that gives Yatsu the win?

When Quill has much more versatility on his side, including things that bypass aura, aerial movement and outranging, immobilise Yatsu, AoE explosions etc.

WeeklyBattles said:
Quill's bullets are not rapid fire. His guns are semi auto, each shot requires one pull of the trigger. Yatsu has dodged guns that function the same as well as guns that are actually fully automatic. And no, Yatsu is absolutely a mover.
Yatsu punched grimm much stronger than Quill to death. He does not need his sword in order to kill Quill.
Quill can pull the triggers rapidly, they are rapid fire shots. They aren't singular bullets at them, they're mutliple and quick.

Where has he dodged a gun? He sliced Mercury's single bullet, but then got overwhelmed. Speed Equalised as well.

Yatsu isn't a mover. He's a giant hulking tank. He's not agile or anything.

The sword is used as a blocking tool as well. Yatsu is a much more proficient sword fighter than he is a combatant, otherwise why would he use the sword? The sword is the only thing that can block these bullets. Even then, assuming its metal and he has his hand on it to block like he did with Mercury's air attack, the conduction would shock him. What about when he gets immobilised too? As we saw, RWBY characters can easily get shut down by Bolas in V7 Episode 1

WeeklyBattles said:
Jinx666 said:

The i suggest you make a CRT because both his profile and the MCU wiki say otherwise
Then you should make a CRT about the semblance too, seeing as both Wikipedia and the RWBY wiki say otherwise about how his semblance works...(And the details of his semblance on this wiki's page were written by you im guessing)

Oh and btw, weren't his electrical restraints able to keep Thanos' arm immobilised? How is Yatsu gonna break out of those, or even land a hit on Quill?

You can't say this wiki is wrong because other wiki's are dude.

The profile states Weekly is right, and he backed up his statements. Drop it.

Yatsu fra

Yea, Weekly has a whole lot of scans, I buy his argument.

@Accelerate Who are you referring to?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
You can't say this wiki is wrong because other wiki's are dude.
The profile states Weekly is right, and he backed up his statements. Drop it.

Yatsu fra
The profile was written by Weekly, at least the semblance part. And Weekly said that this wiki was wrong because the other wiki said something too...

The RWBY wiki unlike this one is dedicated solely on RWBY information. The statements never disproved the fact he requires touch like both Wikipedia and RWBY wiki explains alongside thought, nor did it prove he has as much range for it as Weekly said (that isn't on the profile).

It's also not as big an advantage as Starlords electricity, immobilisation (that restrained Thanos), AoE and flight.

Starlord. I don't believe in the faulty logic of Starlord just sitting there and flying after a memory wipe. Even if he'd forget he's in a fight, he'd see someone trying to attack him and react anyways.

Which doesn't matter. It could have been written by anyone as far as I care. It's there, and crts are done to change things, not keep stuff because another wikia disagrees.

And this wikia specifically revolves around accurately describing characters abilities. I don't care what the other wiki's do. You make a crt, and prove what you think is right. Weekly gave plenty proof, and you are just saying it's wrong because a dán base website said it is with no proof?

Which is all assuming Starlord hasn't got Yatsuhashi to stop moving using either energy bolas, electricity restraints to bypass aura, and Gravity manipulation.

There are way way more win conditions for Yatsu, idk why the one Weekly is suggesting is the most likely, when its not even sure how the semblance can work.

Boom. Blatant statement that he does not need to be in contact, as well as being able to memory wipe multiple people at once

Accelerate420 said:
Starlord. I don't believe in the faulty logic of Starlord just sitting there and flying after a memory wipe. Even if he'd forget he's in a fight, he'd see someone trying to attack him and react anyways.
Except he wouldnt. Yatsu's memory wipe prevents people he memory wipes from percieving what is happening to them for the ammount of time he wipes, normally a few seconds in combat

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Which doesn't matter. It could have been written by anyone as far as I care. It's there, and crts are done to change things, not keep stuff because another wikia disagrees.
And this wikia specifically revolves around accurately describing characters abilities. I don't care what the other wiki's do. You make a crt, and prove what you think is right. Weekly gave plenty proof, and you are just saying it's wrong because a dán base website said it is with no proof?
Its not there though. Why discredit the other wiki and wikipedia based on what Weekly solely wrote. The scan he provided doesn't prove he also doesnt need to touch.

Yeah, im not bothering with that, and i dont hav the After the Fall Novel, but there are things that are actively clashing against what Weekly is saying. Whose to say theres not a statement there that says Yatsu needs touch either.

I'm not saying its wrong either. That its just skeptical. Why should we discredit what two other sources are saying?

And again, its not a game-changer either. Memory wipe wont make Starlord forget Yatsuhashi or the fact he's in a fight. Why is his version of how the fight goes more accurare to you when Starlord has the much better arsenal here.

Alright then fair enough, there is proof, thank you @Weekly

However, it seems that physical contact allows him to channel it much, much better, and that the memory wipes he would be doing wont be able to efficiently work to what he wants. It also shows he has a lack of control over what to wipe because of this. So actually, this is now saying that its hard for him to use to his full control, so why would be be able to multi-task and us it while hes also thinking up how to fight Quill?

Now you just need to prove this 'several hundred' metre range. Because Yatsu definitely isn't limitless range with it. Quill can definitely get very far with it.

Even so, its still not a game-changer, nor is it going to get him out of electricity, immobilisation, or both. Or the range and versatility advantage

WeeklyBattles said:
Anyone arguing that he needs to make contact to memory wipe was just debunked
Yeah congrats

It still doesn't mean the one win condition you stated is going to be efficient, or more so than Starlord's many. It also proves he would struggle using it while he's also fighting

20191219 202013
20191220 131917
Again, incorrect. The bottom half of the first scan going into the top half of the second proves otherwise. He doesnt need to channel it against an opponent he is actively trying to beat especially with no allies around for him to affect with it. Its not hard for him to control against one person.

And again, electricity is dodgeable, hell even his imobilization is dodgeable as well as a destroyable device that yatsu would without a doubt cleave in two is he sees his opponent throw it at him.

Against one person, he deletes a few trivial seconds. Thats it. Starlord wouldn't forget he's in a fight, or that theres a guy with a sword straight at him. He will be midair, with distance closed in between them. I'm guessing this semblance has somewhat of a cooldown, otherwise Yatsu would be able to spam it. Either way if he can and cant, unless you can show an instance of him using it in succession multiple times, it cant be a win con. Even so, Starlord would figure out that the guy would be behind all this is he keeps using it, which would get rid of its advantage pretty quickly.

He really couldnt. The immobilization affects an AoE, uses electricity to stop them and restrained Thanos arm (which is strong even if Thanos was struggling elsewhere). If Thanos cant break through it, then Yatsu isnt. Cleaving through it would require him to move too.

Bolas stops his arm movement, Gravity prevents him from moving at all easily, and he could only do this with a sword that Star Lord can disarm with. Bolas could take down everyone in V7 episode 1 too, and they're all apparently stronger than Yatsu at this point. Not gonna be easily dodged. Star Lord also wont stand there and wait for Yatsu to get out of his immobilisation.

Saying 'its dodgeable' still doesn't mean its not a valid win con. Its got constant fire, and all it would take is one bullet to stun Yatsu and then get hailed on from it constantly. We can't just ignore a huge range and versatility advantage because 'its dodgeable'. Yatsu is also very big and an easy target who can't move as effectively as Star Lord.

So why do you think the one win con that is inefficient beats out all of Starlords others?

Moritzva said:
Weekly: provides so many scans I nearly have the entire novel piratedStar-Lord Voters: "That ain't enough for me, chief."
The Memory Wipe wasn't the only argument. I clearly have arguments for Star Lord's win regardless.

Same could be said with the constant refuting of Starlord's advantages with 'dodging' for Yatsu voters, who voted (With just a FRA) before i brought any of these big points

Mmm of course.

So does anyone actually have any refutes for all of Starlord's advantages other than 'They are dodgeable', which can account for a majority of any attacks? Or are we just going to ignore that, as well as the fact Starlord can bypass Yatsu's main defense then?

Not to mention how Starlord can use these in secret and lead Yatsu into traps with them. Thats what a lot of them are designed for anyway.

@Jinx Except he has erased memories in a fight that make the opponent forget that theyre in a fight as a result. It being just seconds that were erased doesnt make them trivial. A person standing completely still and being unaware of what is happening and unable to react to things going on around them is a death sentence when your opponent can oneshot you. If Starlord is in the air Yatsu can jump to him as he has done to other opponents, and if his memory is erased there is nothing he will be able to do to prevent it from happening. And no, his semblance has no stated or demonstrated cooldown, his semblance is spammable like all semblances and he is able to use it until his aura runs out. He doesnt need to use it multiple times in succession as a single memory erase will leave Quill wide open to being oneshot for several seconds. And how exactly would Quill 'figure out' something he cant remember?

What AoE? No really what AoE? Am i missing something? Also its a physical object that requires it to land near the opponent to activate and affect them, Yatsu can just cut it in half before it lands seeing as he's cut bullets in mid-air before.

The same Bolas that Gamora with her Class 1 Lifting Strength easily escaped? Those wont do anything to hinder Yatsu who is both stronger AP-wise and stronger lifting strength-wise. The bolas in V7 were powered by Gravity Dust which is canonically stronger than them so yeah, it makes sense that they were restrained, theyre immensely stronger than Quill's bolas.

Quill hailing on Yatsu wont...do anything though. Quill's weapons are weaker than fodder Grimm, when even people as strong as Yatsu need dozens of hits to being down aura. Quill's shots will be doing next to nothing to Yatsu due to his aura.

I'm pretty sure a few seconds erasure wont make Quill forget he's in a fight after a few seconds. Only keep him blank on what just happened. It also seems that this is limited to 'trivial' memories, where i dont know if that would account for a fight where Quill is being attacked by a giant guy with a sword.

I don't think the threat of Yatsuhashi fighting him will be forgotten based on a few seconds being erased either. Might affect his reaction time a bit, but Quill keeps at range. and would be facing Yatsu most times. It's hard to say he wont be able to dodge when he can literally fly with far enough range. Jumping in the air is also less agile than being able to fly/hover whatever you wanna call it, and Starlord does dodge using it, so an aerial attack would be difficult nonetheless. Yatsu would have to let his guard down to attack as well.

Perhaps his versatile arsenal of grenades and other AoE weapons? As we saw in the Thanos clip, he doesn't need to have it directly in contact for it to trap. They can attract to metal too it seems, which Yatsuhashi is covered in? Who says he needs to see it anyway, Quill clearly can do it subtly like he did with Ironman, who actually has sensors for this sort of thing. Again, its also electricity, which would weaken his aura.

Gamora was only captured by the legs. Even if Yatsuhashi is only minorly tripped by them, it gives Quill an easy opening with his bullets and arsenal. Bolas were gravity based? So a bit like Quill's actual gravity mines that can keep Yatsu at bay? and leave him an easy target

Electricity bullets. They bypass his aura and keep him stunned, and most likely unable to think through the sheer shock so his semblance becomes ineffective. The regular bullets actually forced Thanos to block too if i recall correct, so its very unlikely Yatsu just wont feel them. Especially with Aura disrupted. That or he can just keep using electricity till Yatsu gets knocked out. There are also grenades that Yatsu would likely take point blanc constantly Seeing as he can be easily kept in one place or disarmed

Back