• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 4 (Star-Lord vs Yatsuhashi Daichi)

Damn this thread longer than i thought.

But yeah, these FRA votes were all taken before very important points were addressed. Like using electrcity which would bypass Yatsu's aura, or the fact that its now not proven Yatsu can use his semblance without touch like the RWBY wiki suggests.

@Nico Yes, but RWBY wiki is an information wiki on one series, while this one is sed for debate and CRTs. The rWBY one is based far more on general info regarding the series and looked into closer detail than this wiki. It's also no been disproven, nor proved it can work from several hundred metres away

Again too, i dont see how seconds of memory wipe would screw Quill over through a fight that wont last for a few seconds... Quill is literally going to be in the air immobilising Yatsu easily.

Jinx

I already provided half a dozen scans that Yatsu does not need touch in order to use his semblance, including one that straight up says 'yatsu thinks and his semblance works'. At this point youre kinda just ignoring evidence.

Also the electricity argument has been present since the start of this thread, people still voted Yatsu regardless

And i've asked for a direct quote that says disproves it. And the use of a range. Because the wiki is saying otherwise.

The load of pages that go through the whole backstory expecting me to find it for myself when i haven't even read the source material.

But you claimd it was several hundred metres too. The Range will matter even if you're right, since Quill is an aerial fighter and Yatsu is grounded.

Its not like my points are being ignored either tbh.

And i gave it. And you ignored it.

The most recent scan is all you need my guy.

Your points arent being ignored, they've just been repeatedly brought up since this thread began and people just dont believe them to be sufficient

WeeklyBattles said:
Also the electricity argument has been present since the start of this thread, people still voted Yatsu regardless
Why though? Theres no refute for it, so why would anyone have a legit reason to vote against it? Starlord literally has range and the ability to spam something that bypasses Yatsu's aura and keeps him immobilised, which he cant just easily 'dodge', or block seeng as Starlord can approach from pretty much any angle, and has more weapons.

Star-Dude 8 votes (Necromercer, AnonymousBlank, I'm Blue daba dee daba die, Jinx666, StrongClick, Yomi Schwarz, Oblivion Of The Endless, BeegDigofTheRight)

RWBY-Character 9 (WeeklyBattles, Schnee One, Ionliosite, Moritzva, XSOULOFCINDERX, Listentomyrhytm, Starter Pack, Spinoirr, The Wright Way)

Are the current votes if I didn't miscount.

*Edited*

10/11 (Me, Nico, Schnee, Starter, Wright, Spinoirr, Listentomyrhytm, Mori, Soul, Ionliosite)

6 (Jinx, Yomi, Blue, Strong, Beeg, Anon)

Necro is currently neutral, Wright is voting for Yatsu

AnonymousBlank said:
Quill flies and range spams plasma, notices it doesn't work, then spams stun shots and amps them with plasma if needed for even more stun. Jmping at Quill just results in tagging a grav mine which pins him to the ground and guarantees the stun. Voting Quill.
No anon voted.

I didn't look over the entire way, but Wright voted for RWBY Guy.

Beeg said 'star killer' so idk if that' Star-Lord or the guy killing Star-Lord.

10 (Me, Nico, Schnee, Starter, Wright, Spinoirr, Listentomyrhytm, Mori, Soul, Ionliosite)

5 (Jinx, Yomi, Blue, Strong, Anon)

This is the current vote count. Necro withdrew his vote and is currently neutral

Beeg is a mystery

WeeklyBattles said:
And i gave it. And you ignored it.
The most recent scan is all you need my guy.

Your points arent being ignored, they've just been repeatedly brought up since this thread began and people just dont believe them to be sufficient
Quote exactly where in the scan it says please, because im confused.

And what proves its several hundred metre range?

Where did Necro say he's neutral?

Yeah Wright swapped votes. Also not sure if Beego is voting Quill or Yats as Star killer can be referring to him beating Quill in the match.

Moritzva said:
I didn't look over the entire way, but Wright voted for RWBY Guy.
Beeg said 'star killer' so idk if that' Star-Lord or the guy killing Star-Lord.
Think Starkiller was just an alias he was given once in one of the movies

Wikipedia is also saying Yatsuhashi's semblance works via touching

"trivial memories permanently lost while the timing that important ones are later recalled within a duration of time equal to how long Yatsuhashi was touching that person."

WeeklyBattles said:
So he needs to whisper forget to activate it?

Either way, where does that say he didn't need touch? You can think of all this while also touching someone. How is Yatsu eve going to think when hes being pelted by electricity and overwhelmed?

Again, whats the refute for the fact Starlord can literally bypass the aura and keep Yatsu down?

No. He needs to THINK. I already explained earlier that this is him erasing a day's worth of memories, something he cant do in combat because erasing that much time takes a long time to do

Quill only has one attack that can bypass aura and its 100% dodgeable

Based on the evidence given, he has to meditate, eyes closed, since he was sitting and actively having to focus on it.

Not exactly combat-applicable versus someone with range in Speed Equalized.

Starlord has the advantage with range based on the Semblance's conditions for activation based on that scan.

He does not need to meditate to activate it, where are you getting that from? He's used it mid sword swing before lol

He does not need to meditate to activate it, where are you getting that from? He's used it mid sword swing before lol

Okay, but why would that not mean he doesn't also need to touch while also thinking? Theres two other sites dedicated to info that are saying he requires touch, and i'd look myself if the novel was online which it isn't. Where does it say the sevral hundrd metre range either? I doubt he can just erase anyones memory on the planet.

Why would this even give Yatsu the edge when Quill has the aerial advantage. He's not just gonna forget about Yatsuhashi either with a few seconds erased.

And Again, What can Yatsuhashi do about the electricity?

Because he was explicitly not touching his target in the scan i just provided, as well as the previous scans and in the fight against Mercury. He himself even flat out says that he uses it before he makes contact with the opponent in order to get free hits in.

Quill doesnt have the aerial advantage against a guy who can jump as high as he can fly and who can erase his memory to prevent him from dodging

The electricity is 100% dodgeable

Saying Yatsuhashi can dodge electricity bullets like it would be easy to do given Starlords much higher versatility, and ways of immobilisation is a bit downplaying.

What about the gravity manipulation too? How is Yatsu going to fight or move with that around? Heck, Quill could easily disarm him from his sword with it too

How exactly does versatility mean that bullets would be harder to dodge when every quite literally character and their mother can dodge bullets like nothing?

Implying Yatsu needs his sword in order to fight. The guy manhandled Mercury with his bare hands and has punched Grimm to death before.

Back