• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 4 (Star-Lord vs Yatsuhashi Daichi)

If the thread history doesn't lie it's been 24h since the creation of the thread by now.

Daichi leads with an advantage of 2 votes, so he moves on in the bracket. Next match soon.

Thats what his memory erasure does though, the short term memories are completely gone and they cant properly react to things until the 'time' that was erased returns to them in an amount of time equal to how much memory was erased. If Yatsu erases 3 seconds of memories, Quill wouldnt be able to react to his attacks for 3 seconds. And again, he has used his memory manip to erase memories of a fight while in the middle of said fight, that isnt 'trivial'.

That would be ignoring how his memory wipe is stated and shown to work. It prevents people from reacting to things by erasing their memories.

He literally had to throw it directly at Thanos' feet while Thanos was distracted by fighting three other people and focusing on keeping the gauntlet on, and even then he had to shoot Thanos from a blind spot. This is a 1 on 1 fight, if Quill tries to shoot a device at Yatsu its getting cut in half. Also 'doing it subtly' requires him to get into cqc range with yatsu, which is, frankly, a terrible idea.

Gamora snapped them casually, Yatsu wouldnt be slowed down by them at all. And yes the bolas that captured team RWBY and co. were restraints powered by Gravity Dust. I never said that the gravity trap CANT affect Yatsu, i said that he'd destroy it before it DOES.

Electricity bullets are dodgeable. Theyre not homing attacks so he can dodge them. Speed is equalized so he can dodge them. Yatsu regularly reacts to and dodges gunfire from semi-auto and full auto weapons so he can dodge them. Not sure how many times i have to say this.

They erase a few seconds. Starlord won't forget he's in a fight in that time. I don't get how Starlord would just 'stand there' like you're saying and be unable to react to Yatsu's attacks completely, without naturally creating his own reactions even if he's standing there confused. Theres a giant guy with a sword he's facing. He would not completely forget he's in a fight at all.

Erasing memories makes people forget, ad would only incovenience reactions. They don't take away someones ability to completely react to anything. Starlord wont be standing there for 3 seconds unable to react at all, he would just forget what had happened temporarily, but he'd be doing that when he's out of Yatsu's range completely.

Doing it subtly wont require close combat. All he has to do is make sure Yatsu doesn't notice, which would be easy for a professional Ravager and conman, who could even trick Iron Man and his sensory equipment. He can pre-plant the mines too and lure Yatsu in with Traps like they're designed for. If Yatsu tried to destroy them either, he's going to be open to more attacks that Quill can pull. Quill doesn't need to specifically aim at him either.

Its not like they woldn't stagger him completely. All Quill needs is Yatsu's guard down quick and then its easy to assault him sing electricity. Its not like Quill wouldn't have more than one either, saying Yatsu is going to be able to take every little thing down isn't exactly fair. In fact, if he has a tendency to do this, all Quill has to do is throw an explosive that would stun the guy lmao

Yeah, we all know how you keep saying 'he can dodge them', but that still doesn't disregard the range and versatility advantage does it? We see that Yatsuhashi prefers to block than to dodge from his actual fight, and he's a gigantic target. He's not an agile fighter, his role is used as that of a tank. I can make the same argument and say Quill can 'dodge' Yatsu's attacks as well, sice he will be far in the air than the grounded Yatsu, with no stated range that Quill couldn't close between them for this semblance. He wont just 'forget' about Yatsuhashi, just forget what happened in those 3 seconds temporarily.

Either way this was a bracket match anyway, seems its over and i was too late rip, so no point in continuing

Jinx I would respond but im busy at work at the moment so im going to kindly ask you to read the original scans i posted, i feel like it would help clear up some misconceptions you eem to have about the mechanics of Yatsu's semblance

For those curious, the original scans i posted show that even as a child Yatsu's semblance was enough to prevent people from perviecing him standing in front of them for as long as the memory wipe lasted

The people he uses his semblance on cant hear him talking to them or swinging his sword at them from close range so thats doubtful

WeeklyBattles said:
Jinx I would respond but im busy at work at the moment so im going to kindly ask you to read the original scans i posted, i feel like it would help clear up some misconceptions you eem to have about the mechanics of Yatsu's semblance
Right okay, well the semblance wipes memories over the past 3 seconds when he uses it without focus or contact., meaning star lord within would only forget the 3 seconds that happened. When he made his mother forget his sister, wasn't she only somewhat a newborn, and could have easily been wiped for more compared to being in a battlefield. This only counts for trivial memories too. I doubt its going to be trivial when Star Lord is fighting for his life right now.

If you're saying that Yatsu can completely wipe Starlord's ability to remember Yatsuhashi at any point in time, on which SL would completely be still while Yatsu cuts him down...then no? If he were to do that, it would require a strong focus and time as shown and stated, preferably with physical contact.

Either way the brackets done and i said we can move on regardless

Is there even a grace period for incon? There's been thread where it goes for days until everyone just gives up and says inconclusive.

8 to 11 actually, necro retracted his vote when further arguments for yatsu were presented and he never voted again but was still counted for some reason

So no

Yatsu won

Voting closed a while ago. My vote was simply made before that and never got included for reasons unknown

He won the bracket anyway? Was too late for all the FRAs to come out for Yatsu solely being able to one shot rip.

So the final vote would be 9 to 11 if Xulrev voted? It would be Incon then yeah if you were to add it to the profile, not sure if people do with the bracket style threads though

Going by our vs thread rules, grace only starts when either votes are equal (the page also says it's only inconclusive if both sides have equal votes) or one side has the 3 vote advantage to win.

Yeah, it did, but then more Starlord voters came in and the final vote is 9 - 11 after the grace i believe, or at least when the new bracket match would be made.

Idc if someone adds it or not, but its Inconclusive from this result so lmao

As I said, vs thread rules say it's inconclusive if they're equal. It's simply an invalid number of votes if there's less than 3 and more than zero, so it's not inconclusive.

Jinx666 said:
Yeah, it did, but then more Starlord voters came in and the final vote is 9 - 11 after the grace i believe, or at least when the new bracket match would be made.
Idc if someone adds it or not, but its Inconclusive from this result so lmao
It was 9 - 11 when it was given to Yatsu to advance in the tournament. This says absolutely nothing about the debate itself, which was still considered to be on-going, and Yatsu now has enough votes for grace period to begin, and it can be added to his and Star-Lord's profiles once grace period ends.

There is less than 3 and more than 0. Yatsu has 2 votes over Starlord given the final result

If its invalid then, what would it be counted as if its not inconclusive? The grace was done

Blahblah9755 said:
As I said, vs thread rules say it's inconclusive if they're equal. It's simply an invalid number of votes if there's less than 3 and more than zero, so it's not inconclusive.
This basically says it all. It was still an ongoing match and Yatsu ended up winning.

I have no idea where you got the idea that matches that don't have 3 votes on either side gets a grace period and gets added as inconclusive, regardless of anything else. And also that no other input is allowed, even after any kind of grace period.

I 100% agree with Starter Pack. We've never just stopped a match like what's going one right now just because it's not enough votes for either side to win yet.

Back