• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 13 (Rabbit (Juuni Taisen: Zodiac War) vs Yatsuhashi Daichi)

Yatsu can wipe memories for days worth of time, can't he?

Sure, he isn't fond of it, but between his aura and his sword he'll soon find himself facing more of a bloody monster than a person, so I doubt he'll care about his morals.

I'll say Yatsu won't be using it often, even if he does. Definitely not at the start. Rabbit might scare him into it.

Moritzva said:
I'll say Yatsu won't be using it often, even if he does. Definitely not at the start. Rabbit might scare him into it.
That's why I mentioned his aura.

Rabbit isn't really going to be harming Yatsu much, so it will be a slow and bloody battle. Eventually, I'm pretty sure the gore will get Yatsu to use his semblance a bit more drastically tough.

Also yes, he can wipe days worth of memories, hell he can wipe years worth is he wants, he just actively chooses not to due to past trauma

Would wiping longer periods do much here, though? It might get Yatsu a few additional hits in, but would that suffice to actually put Rabbit down?

DontTalkDT said:
Would wiping longer periods do much here, though? It might get Yatsu a few additional hits in, but would that suffice to actually put Rabbit down?
If the dude keeps losing years of his life in memories, I feel like he'd eventually be put in a position where he doesn't even know he wants to fight.

This seems to be delving really into OOC actions. Has he ever even erased entire years?

I mean even if I had no memories if there's a dude standing there coming at me with a sword I'd think I'd start fighting pretty quickly given that I myself am also armed and would rather not die.

Moritzva said:
This seems to be delving really into OOC actions. Has he ever even erased entire years?
Yes, he has, its the reason why he refuses to do so, he erased several years worth of his mothers memories

Wokistan said:
I mean even if I had no memories if there's a dude standing there coming at me with a sword I'd think I'd start fighting pretty quickly given that I myself am also armed and would rather not die.
Yatsu can just not charge at him with a sword after erasing his memories though.

If I've mysteriously suddenly lost my memories and there's a dude standing there with a weapon, and I'm also armed, even if he's not actively attacking me I'd be wary. A dude just walking around with a huge sword like that is already kinda sus. Also from what I read on the Wikipedia summary for rabbit he didn't really need a reason to start killing, and just has some innate inclination to doing so.

Being wary and attacking someone are very different things.

That, plus éosing years worth of memory could lead to a lot of things besides being confused, especially if Yatsu uses his semblance multiple times.

Wikipedia says that this guy started killing for no reason. It's not like his memories would really influence the start of the fight even pre memory erasure either. He doesn't know who this guy is and yet is assumed that he's just gonna fight him.

See, yatsu's memory manip is a bit different in that when he erases memories it takes the amount of time that he erased for those memories to come back (as in if he erases 5 minutes worth of memories, it takes 5 minutes for them to come back) and in that time the opponent isn't able to perceive the thing that was erased. Like, when he erased his mom's memory of his sister she was able to see that there was a child there but she would actively deny that she had a daughter even when given evidence and with yatsu saying that even if he told them things multiple times, if they were under the effect of his memory erasure, they wouldn't comprehend it or remember it a few seconds later. It's why it's such an effective thing to use for just a few seconds, for those few seconds the opponent is not going to comprehend that they are in a fight. Allowing him to get a free hit in.

Though getting a free hit in a against a guy who benefits from being cut to pieces is kinda counterproductive

Yes, he does that when he is introduced.

But Yatsu could just reduce him to a point where he is too young to really start fighting like that. And as far as I know, while he is trigger happy, he won't literally start with charging someone the second he meets them.

I mean hes not even technically trigger happy hes just batshit insane, not stupid either hes actually a damn good strategist

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean hes not even technically trigger happy hes just batshit insane, not stupid either hes actually a damn good strategist
Yes. Which is why I kind of doubt he would just attack someone he has zero knowledge on when he finds himself in an unknown enviroment.

Soooo.... what are the votes here?

Like, I think most people are for Yatsu, but no really explicit votes were given.

If there are no explicit votes in the next 2 hours I will just toss a coin.

Otherwise votes will be counted at that point.

Coin toss it is.

Since nobody is voting there's probably no point in trying to do the coin toss protocol either.

So I will just do a non-verifiable coin toss.

Yatsuhashi advances

Glad to hear that of both debating parties.

Back