• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Haxless Bracket Round 4: Kihara Kagun vs Insomniac's Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wright Way said:
Everyone knows ghosts can do that. People unfamiliar with JoJo won't even know what a stabd user is, so the powers should be spelt out.
There is a blog on the jojo's bizarre adventure page about stand properties. Going into stand properties and rules on every page would almost tripple the length

Kaltias said:
@Iap
That just means that the stand users need to be updated as well.

If my profile says "superhuman physical characteristics" you can't say "he also has fire manip" without a CRT to add it
There is a blog on the JJBA page that Ant approved. It goes over the rules and properties of stands, which apply to all stands unless they are a given exception

Don't really like doing that tbh.

It's like me not writing "Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 2, 6, and 7), Healing (Mid-level, scaling from Corbeau), Magic, Weapon Mastery, Telepathy, Transformation, Telekinesis, Weapon Creation, Magic Detectio, Statistics Amplification (Can enhance the ability of her own weapons in the midst of combat), Energy Projection, Becomes stronger when critically damaged, Portal Creation, Pain Inhibitio, Power Bestowal. Resistance to Magic, Life Absorption, Status Effect Inducement (This includes Resistance to Power Nullification), and Mind Manipulation, Unconventional Soul Manipulation Resistance" on the profile of PMMM's magical girls because those are all standard magical girls abilities and there is a blog for it

Whitting will null most, if not all, of Peter's physical blows, and the webs are not exactly a good way to trap Kagun for two reasons: 1st, the speed is equalized, so dodging them will be the same as dodging a punch, and 2nd, even if Kagun gets stuck he can easily loosen up using Whitting.

XDragnoir said:
Whitting will null most, if not all, of Peter's physical blows, and the webs are not exactly a good way to trap Kagun for two reasons: 1st, the speed is equalized, so dodging them will be the same as dodging a punch, and 2nd, even if Kagun gets stuck he can easily loosen up using Whitting.
Only it won't. It only nulls killing strikes. Peter would knock someone out in character, SBA or no.

I've stopped using webs as an argument a while ago.

Okay, but he'll have to do it through punches and kicks, right? I mean, this, and the webs, are the only things I see Spiderman doing (but I did not play this game, so maybe he has other methods I do not know), and Kagun's durability is 9C, so any punch in him would be lethal, that is, it would be annulled by Whitting.

XDragnoir said:
Okay, but he'll have to do it through punches and kicks, right? I mean, this, and the webs, are the only things I see Spiderman doing (but I did not play this game, so maybe he has other methods I do not know), and Kagun's durability is 9C, so any punch in him would be lethal, that is, it would be annulled by Whitting.
We're in an 8-C bracket, I'm assuming he starts at 8-C already, so no. Also, that ignores a ton of Peter's gadgets (taser webs, air blasts, gravity bombs, etc.)

Kagun's physical defense is not 8C, and as far as I know Whitting only increases his strength, not defense, so his durability is always 9C. And as I said, I did not play this game, so it was good that you mentioned these special webs, but from what I read in Peter's profile, the best option among the special webs would be the electrical, but I do not think it will paralyze kagun for a long period of time.

XDragnoir said:
Kagun's physical defense is not 8C, and as far as I know Whitting only increases his strength, not defense, so his durability is always 9C. And as I said, I did not play this game, so it was good that you mentioned these special webs, but from what I read in Peter's profile, the best option among the special webs would be the electrical, but I do not think it will paralyze kagun for a long period of time.
Then why is 8-C listed in his durability section?

I mean, we're simply free to disagree with your reasons. Or choose the reasons we find more convincing.

That being said, Kagun FRA.

@Smashor

By the way, I recommend you have the person who submitted it be included with their character. It builds motivation for participation, like Dargoo did

I'm just going to point out that Peter has beaten people he literally couldn't harm or restrain whatsoever by outlasting them. If Kihara's dura is 9-C here, than whittling bulls all of Peter's strikes, something he'd notice instantly and he'd switch gears to wearing him down by staying out of range until he tires. How's Kagun's stamina?

XDragnoir said:
He was able to continue fighting even after losing an arm, and still came out victorious.
And Spider-Man can keep crime fighting, doing his job at Octavius Industries, and doing volunteer work at FEAST nonstop for 5 days straight without sleep.

I mean, I honestly don't think those two examples are comparable to each other. As in, we can't really compare fighting with one arm and winning to fighting for 5 days straight. Can't really tell who has more stamina there tbh.

I really wanna make a 9-C bracket again I'll be honest but like everyone's gonna beat me to making other brackets

It's gonna happen again at some point. Just gotta wait for everyone to stop doing them. Probably wait for this one to end.

Dargoo's doing a High 8-C bracket after the 7-B one, and there's also a Low 2-C one starting soon, but I wouldn't mind an 8-B or 5-B brackets.

Tmw the 8-C brackets die right before the thread featuring the character you proposed

Spider-Man: 2 (Wright Way, Jackythejack)

Kagun: 6 (Litentric Teon, Iap, Dargoo, XDragnoir, Malox, DontTalkDT)

So one more till grace. I also didn't see a vote for Kal.

I'm just waiting for these brackets (both this one and the 7-B one) to continue tbh.

[I'm also eagerly awaiting a 9-C, Low 7-C, High 7-C, or High 8-C bracket]

Also, how do you do the thing where you get your words to cross out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back