• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 2, Match 3: Plague Knight vs Solid Snake

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Until @XSOULOFCINDERX switches his character, I'm skipping the matchup to make the 3rd matchup of the 2nd round of the 8-B tournament.

Plague Knight (The_man_with_the_Midas_touch) vs Solid Snake (Popted2).

8-B keys.

Speed is equalized.

Snake will have access to all equipment.

Fight takes place in Zanzibar Land.

Snake: 8 (Armorchompy, Popted2, Oleggator, Stillwinston, The_man_with_the_Midas_touch, BERRIES555, TheRustyOne, Veloxt1r0kore)

Plague Knight:

R.89c576d1cf8a4948e5391ec52e4f1f04

OIP.6i-QRMHX1GrJ9qWys0ZZsQHaEK

Last edited:
What does Snake typically use, in character?

Snake close quarters skills won't be a big factor here, as Plague Knight spams ranged attacks in character, and, should snake try to close the distance, Plague Knight could easily teleport away, or use his orbiting bombs to prevent Snake from hitting him without enduring an explosion.

Plague knight should have the mobility advantage via double jump and bomb burst as well.

There is a lot of things to talk about Psycho Mantis fight in MGS:

First of all, Psycho Mantis's nature are unpredictable, to an extend that most psychics weren't able to get a grip on him. He was able to read mind and the future and yet Snake was able to beat him, and in that fight Snake was able to avoid him throwing random stuff at him. I know it isn't the same thing as Plague Knight but my point is that Snake aren't strange to unorthodox kind of enemy.

Snake also resist many of his bombs or counter with his own which limited Plague Knight's versatility. Snake also has entire armory with him and can make quite handy work with them. Not voting yet because i want to see if MGS supporters has anything to say.

Last edited:
Snake has got guns lol, I don't really think there's much Plague Knight can do to avoid being turned into swiss cheese the second Snake sees him. I mean sure he's very agile and all but Snake is an amazing shot, he's beaten some of the world's best snipers on equal footing (and this is a verse where the skill ceiling is pretty damn superhumans). Plus he's got some minor resistance to poisonous gases and incredible willpower which should allow him to hang in there a little more than normal. AND, the explosions and smoke PK throws around so much actually allow him to slip out of sight very easily.

Yeah voting Snake FRA, it won't be an easy fight and Snake probably comes out of pretty beaten and bloodied but Snake should be able to smoke a cig after winning

Snake has got guns lol, I don't really think there's much Plague Knight can do to avoid being turned into swiss cheese the second Snake sees him. I mean sure he's very agile and all but Snake is an amazing shot, he's beaten some of the world's best snipers on equal footing (and this is a verse where the skill ceiling is pretty damn superhumans). Plus he's got some minor resistance to poisonous gases and incredible willpower which should allow him to hang in there a little more than normal. AND, the explosions and smoke PK throws around so much actually allow him to slip out of sight very easily.
With speed equalized, what is stopping Plague from simply dodging the bullets? and there isn't a large AP gap between them (to my knowledge) so it's not like the bullets will one-shot him either.

in a prolonged fight, Leech Liquid would give Plague Knight the endurance advantage, as it would allow him to heal himself every time an attack lands. and combined with his Smoke Bomb, which grants him brief invulnerability, he should be capable of weathering Snake's barrage of bullets without succumbing.

With speed equalized, what is stopping Plague from simply dodging the bullets?
"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."
and there isn't a large AP gap between them (to my knowledge) so it's not like the bullets will one-shot him either.
... They're bullets. They pierce shit. A small caliber bullet's KE is lower than a boxer's punch, that doesn't mean that boxer can survive a headshot
in a prolonged fight, Leech Liquid would give Plague Knight the endurance advantage, as it would allow him to heal himself every time an attack lands. and combined with his Smoke Bomb, which grants him brief invulnerability, he should be capable of weathering Snake's barrage of bullets without succumbing.
There won't be a prolonged fight, because a well-placed bullet can one-shot PK, not that Snake doesn't have his own Rations for healing. As for Smoke Bombs, literally any time he throws one Snake has a perfect opportunity to vanish from his opponent's sight so I don't think they're a good idea

With speed equalized, what is stopping Plague from simply dodging the bullets? and there isn't a large AP gap between them (to my knowledge) so it's not like the bullets will one-shot him either.

Are you voting for PK?

I'm in school, so if my matchup starts before I get home, just know that I won't respond until I get home.

The next matchup will be Gene (God Hand) vs Johnny Test (Me).

Since this is my matchup, someone else has to make the thread. Can someone do that for me while I prepare for my matchup?

Back