• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Illnesses tournament Round 6. Shadow Plague vs The Radience (0-4-0)

The sixth battle of the most sick tournament ever, for this round we have The evolution of the original black death vs the orange goo that destroyed a old kingdom

SHADOW PLAGUE vs THE RADIENCE

Battle takes place inside Goku who is traning alone in the time chamber

Shadow Plgue is on It's first key and The Radience as "The infection" is beingh used

A single instance of them infected him, Shadow Plague start at Goku nose, The infection start at goku eye

VAMPIRE!:

MOTH!: 4 (LightningGee, H3110l12345I20, AThe1412, noisyPitta)

THE CURE(incon):

Last edited:
I guess the best wincon for Radience would be to just kill Goku which would make the Shadow Plague unable to inhabit the body while Radience can just reanimate it.

I guess the best wincon for Radience would be to just kill Goku which would make the Shadow Plague unable to inhabit the body while Radience can just reanimate it.
Plague inc viruses can survive on dead bodies thanks to necrosis, trough I'm not sure if the shadow plague has that, also It would turn goku in the main vampire mostly likely

Plague inc viruses can survive on dead bodies thanks to necrosis, trough I'm not sure if the shadow plague has that, also It would turn goku in the main vampire mostly likely
Plague Inc fan here.

As someone who's played the shadow plague DLC I have insight. The vampire is capable of resurrecting people into vampires & the pathogen is capable of transforming a near death person into a vampire. (+, "
  • Vampiric Awakening: Creates a new vampire by temporarily producing toxic mutagens, killing almost all Infected with the Shadow Plague, but eventually finding a viable host.
")

But how long does the radience take to transform it's host? Stuff like vampiric awakening is dependant on the lethality of the vampire plague (which on SBA, it's most certainly going to take a couple of hours/days for the vampire plague).

This is the shadow plague, not the vampire It self trough, and the mentioned power seen to kills the host more times them not and don't say that the Shadow plague can survive in a dead body, so seens to me that... Goku dies most of the time and the shadow plague slowly die

And I don't know enough about the radience to awnser It, sorry. Trough I know It can live as this orange tumors outside living things

This is the shadow plague, not the vampire It self trough, and the mentioned power seen to kills the host more times them not and don't say that the Shadow plague can survive in a dead body, so seens to me that... Goku dies most of the time and the shadow plague slowly die

And I don't know enough about the radience to awnser It, sorry. Trough I know It can live as this orange tumors outside living things
K.

The Radiance's corruption took a while to spread throughout Hallownest the first time, at a speed slow enough that the kingdom could respond with countermeasures. Once it built up strength within the Hollow Knight and was released, it spread across a large area pretty much immediately.

Something I think needs to be considered is that the Radiance's infection does not spread unless the Radiance is alive and wills it to spread, so are we considering that the Radiance itself is also in play here? Not in terms of physically fighting the host, but the way the infection originally started was through her dream manipulation.

The Radiance's corruption took a while to spread throughout Hallownest the first time, at a speed slow enough that the kingdom could respond with countermeasures. Once it built up strength within the Hollow Knight and was released, it spread across a large area pretty much immediately.

Something I think needs to be considered is that the Radiance's infection does not spread unless the Radiance is alive and wills it to spread, so are we considering that the Radiance itself is also in play here? Not in terms of physically fighting the host, but the way the infection originally started was through her dream manipulation.
Yes, radience It self is in play here

Shadow Plague:

*Mind Manip > Body Puppetry (more versatile to control a person's thoughts too)
*More versatile transmission methods (can become zoonotic, spread in water, etc)
*Can develop the body into dying from abnormal stuff like too developed skull growth
*Is a sentient & intelligent disease
*Can take over Earth, bigger than a small kingdom

The Radience disease:
*More intangible transmission via transmitting through dreams
*Shadow Plague's reactive evolution & transmission speed is too slow (a kingdom should be able to make countermeasures in days or weeks. Shadow plague & other comparable plagues take a couple of months to infect entire countries)
*Shadow Plague doesn't have corpse transmission in-game, but since diseases can still transmit from dead bodies in real life, I'll have benefit of doubt here.
*Radience can rapidly make new organisms
*possibly can stay in the battlefield longer by using dead bugs (does the setting even have bugs?)
*Being led by the Radience makes its in-character actions better

The Radience has better speed feats & endurance on the battlefield. Does the shadow plague have a wincon? Speed should be equalized here.

Bump

Radiance wins this trough spreeding speed killing the body, Shadow Plague unfortunetly has no "Necrosis" like Hability to survive in a dead body(note: even trough the ones infected by the radiance still move and all, they are dead and stated as such, so they mostly likely have no vital functions... I think)

Shadow Plague trough can turn the host into a vampire at rapid pace that could theorically heal It self from the Radiance, but seen to have a 50% chance of just killing the host

So I would say Radiance wins

Bump

Radiance wins this trough spreeding speed killing the body, Shadow Plague unfortunetly has no "Necrosis" like Hability to survive in a dead body(note: even trough the ones infected by the radiance still move and all, they are dead and stated as such, so they mostly likely have no vital functions... I think)

Shadow Plague trough can turn the host into a vampire at rapid pace that could theorically heal It self from the Radiance, but seen to have a 50% chance of just killing the host

So I would say Radiance wins
Technically, in real life dead bodies are indirectly infectous via other methods like blood & droplets. So corpse transmission is likely game mechanics. Otherwise neutral on the rest of this post.

How does anyone here beat the infection, it's durability section says the Infection will persist so long as the Radiance exists. The Radiance isn't exactly easy for the diseases to interact with.

Technically, in real life dead bodies are indirectly infectous via other methods like blood & droplets. So corpse transmission is likely game mechanics. Otherwise neutral on the rest of this post.
? What? It's staying long periods of time, not die = isntan't death

How does anyone here beat the infection, it's durability section says the Infection will persist so long as the Radiance exists. The Radiance isn't exactly easy for the diseases to interact with.
Kill the host after they are dead and outlast (sinse infected bugs can be killed)

They aren't fighting the entire radiance

The profile notes the infection can puppet dead bodies, it is fine airborne even able to create bodies
Ye, kill the body again, the knight can do It too, and the vampire would probable be able to out regenerate the infection, and beingh anywhere that isn't the body makes It be BFR

? What? It's staying long periods of time, not die = isntan't death
What part do you not get? If its the wording, I meant that corpse transmission usually being only through the necrosis trait is game mechanics. You can have the total organ failure trait & not get corpse transmission in-game, & yet the corpse can still be infectious if the pathogen can spread through stuff like bodily fluids & droplets.

What part do you not get? If its the wording, I meant that corpse transmission usually being only through the necrosis trait is game mechanics. You can have the total organ failure trait & not get corpse transmission in-game, & yet the corpse can still be infectious if the pathogen can spread through stuff like bodily fluids & droplets.
one quick google serch later

I didn't said that a dead boddy can't be infecious, but the necrosis trait is the only that guarantea that the dead body host permanently the disseas

Also, shadow plague don't have any of the simptons you mentioned

I doubt It's game mechanics sinse necrosis is the only simpton that mentions that let the bacteria still be alive in dead bodies on It's flavor text

one quick google serch later

I didn't said that a dead boddy can't be infecious, but the necrosis trait is the only that guarantea that the dead body host permanently the disseas

Also, shadow plague don't have any of the simptons you mentioned

I doubt It's game mechanics sinse necrosis is the only simpton that mentions that let the bacteria still be alive in dead bodies on It's flavor text
Your point if I'm correct is that the only way corpses can permanently host bacteria is through blood-deprived, dead tissue.

"Large swathes of infected tissue lose blood supply and become fatal sources of gangrene. Decomposed bodies remain a vector of transmission"

Interesting interpretation. Isn't it techically true that indirect body wide organ failure is possible through the shadow plague's lethal symptoms?

The surrounding environment could set conditions for the plague to persist. Other vectors could spread the pathogen onto a previously dead body without the pathogen & set its way to success.

I have the scenario creator & there's a modifier to whether or not a trait gives corpse transmission in a trait. Its common sense that stuff like "Air 1" or "Insect 1" doesn't give corpse transmission.

Your point if I'm correct is that the only way corpses can permanently host bacteria is through blood-deprived, dead tissue.

"Large swathes of infected tissue lose blood supply and become fatal sources of gangrene. Decomposed bodies remain a vector of transmission"

Interesting interpretation. Isn't it techically true that indirect body wide organ failure is possible through the shadow plague's lethal symptoms?

The surrounding environment could set conditions for the plague to persist. Other vectors could spread the pathogen onto a previously dead body without the pathogen & set its way to success.

I have the scenario creator & there's a modifier to whether or not a trait gives corpse transmission in a trait. Its common sense that stuff like "Air 1" or "Insect 1" doesn't give corpse transmission.
I still understoody basically anything soo...

1-Scenario creatoe isn't cannon

2-You are seen to be tring to use IRL arguments to a fictional disseas

3- okay, just tell me straight so It can be easier, does the shadow plague have any simpton that let It spreed trough corpses?

1-Scenario creatoe isn't cannon
2-You are seen to be tring to use IRL arguments to a fictional disseas
Fair enough, but I want to apologize on the fact that I didn't read the game mechanics page first, but I'll elaborate more there on the third statement.
3- okay, just tell me straight so It can be easier, does the shadow plague have any simpton that let It spreed trough corpses?
No. But I find it unrealistic that in-game, you can give a pathogen the ability to spread by bodily fluids & have not even at least a bit of extra corpse transmission.

The trait descriptions don't seem to say that they can transmit through corpses, but though their stated means. However I find it confusing that since the stated means can contribute to a corpses' infectiousness (droplets, fomites, & bodily fluids) in real life. Fiction could ignore this, so would it be reasonable to say that Plague Inc unintentionally ignores this?

The trait descriptions don't seem to say that they can transmit through corpses, but though their stated means. However I find it confusing that since the stated means can contribute to a corpses' infectiousness (droplets, fomites, & bodily fluids) in real life. Fiction could ignore this, so would it be reasonable to say that Plague Inc unintentionally ignores this?
I belive so

also, evetually the body would dry up

Back