• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Illnesses tournament Round 6. Shadow Plague vs The Radience (0-4-0)

So a couple questions.

1. It's been a while so I don't remember, did the shadow plague have the ability to reanimate dead corpses into vampires?
2. The Radiance infection on the page says it persists until the radiance is defeated, does this mean the infection as a whole or the specific infection within each and every body will continue to exist until the Radiance is defeated?
3. When the Shadow Plague makes a vampire, does it expel other diseases out of the infected body? Or was this not expounded upon in the lore or disease description.

The way I see it, the Radiance kills Goku first, and its the hyperbolic time chamber so there aren't really any enviornmental factors to affect how the bodies decomposition goes or if some stranger or other lifeform happens to stumble on the body to give either disease a second wind. This means the winner is solely on whether or not the shadow plague can overpower the radiance and expel it within the dead body or the infected bug that goku's radiance infection would turn him into. If not my vote is for Radiance.

1. It's been a while so I don't remember, did the shadow plague have the ability to reanimate dead corpses into vampires?
I've played the shadow plague a lot before. There's achievements that I know and the starting game popups that imply that the disease does turn dead bodies into vampires. There's an achievement where the player can resurrect dracula with their own blood.
2. The Radiance infection on the page says it persists until the radiance is defeated, does this mean the infection as a whole or the specific infection within each and every body will continue to exist until the Radiance is defeated?
IDK. Ask for supporters on Hollow Knight.
3. When the Shadow Plague makes a vampire, does it expel other diseases out of the infected body? Or was this not expounded upon in the lore or disease description.
Doesn't say it in the canon and is therefore noncanon. But it does supernaturally change the host with it's toxic mutagens. The vampire could try to make a cure for the disease, but would be nigh impossible without outside help.

Doesn't say it in the canon and is therefore noncanon. But it does supernaturally change the host with it's toxic mutagens. The vampire could try to make a cure for the disease, but would be nigh impossible without outside help.
So in a sense, out of canon, the transformation will change the host body, like the radiance does. That begs the question, since both diseases transform the dead corpse into a thing, a bug vs a vampire, which transformation happens first? Cause whichever transformation happens first could possibly change the body enough to where the other disease won't have the genetic traits needed to affect it. Like how in real life, diseases aren't exactly cross species unless the disease itself specifically adapts for it which requires enough evolutionary pressure. This gets even worse if there's a supernatural essense to the creature that the dead body transforms to.

IDK. Ask for supporters on Hollow Knight.
Honestly if its the latter then its a stomp in favor of the radiance, so to keep it even and because im too lazy to lookup who the hollow knight supporters are, i'll just say its the former, which gives the shadow plague a fighting chance.

It's been a while so I don't remember, did the shadow plague have the ability to reanimate dead corpses into vampires?
No, but has the hability to a 50% chance of intant transforming a hoast into a vampire
2. The Radiance infection on the page says it persists until the radiance is defeated, does this mean the infection as a whole or the specific infection within each and every body will continue to exist until the Radiance is defeated
As a whole sinse other infecteds can be killed tecnically desteoying their expecific infection
3. When the Shadow Plague makes a vampire, does it expel other diseases out of the infected body? Or was this not expounded upon in the lore or disease description
Almost sure was just not explained

and... the radiance don't turn others into bugs, It just infect bugs and turn their dead bodies into zombies

And the shadow plague only really ressurect a body once with the main vampire

and... the radiance don't turn others into bugs, It just infect bugs and turn their dead bodies into zombies
No, but has the hability to a 50% chance of intant transforming a hoast into a vampire
And the shadow plague only really ressurect a body once with the main vampire
So from what im gathering, its a 50-50 of turning a host into a vampire without the vampire present (which he wouldn't be in the hyberbolic time chamber) whereas the radiance which works faster than the shadow plague will turn the dead into zombies.
My final question then is, is it a guarantee that the radiance will convert its sick or dead into zombies?

Also sorry for taking so long, got busy

So from what im gathering, its a 50-50 of turning a host into a vampire without the vampire present (which he wouldn't be in the hyberbolic time chamber) whereas the radiance which works faster than the shadow plague will turn the dead into zombies.
My final question then is, is it a guarantee that the radiance will convert its sick or dead into zombies?

Also sorry for taking so long, got busy
Basically yes, It takes a dead body and turn It into a zombie, the shadow plague has no hability that let's It survive into a dead host and only showed ressurection for the main vampire and not during the gameplay It self

And just to explain how the 50% chance comes from, The Shadow Plague has a hability that turns all half infected by It into vampires killing the other half or somethig like this

And just to explain how the 50% chance comes from, The Shadow Plague has a hability that turns all half infected by It into vampires killing the other half or somethig like this
Actually, the thing of turning people into vampires is by chance. Ignoring the stuff that happens in-game, the description for shadow blessing kills infected at random into vampires.

Shadow Slaves turns all infected into mental slaves of the vampire if that's what you also meant.

Basically yes, It takes a dead body and turn It into a zombie, the shadow plague has no hability that let's It survive into a dead host and only showed ressurection for the main vampire and not during the gameplay It self
Huh, so Radiance kills faster, transforms faster and more frequently, and shadow plague doesn't remain long enough or have a means of overtaking the zombie.
My votes for Radiance

Back