• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Knight Who Sold His Soul vs The Man Who Sold The World (Marvel Comics vs Metal Gear Solid)

Tomfer

He/Him
I'm back on my MGSV hype, so I want to do something with Venom, the goated Big Boss.

Moon Knight VS Venom Snake

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Moon_Knight_(Marvel_Comics)

Rules:
Both 8-B [15.96 Tons vs 23.55 Tons]
Moon Knight doesn't have 5-B optional equipment, but can have his holy artefacts.
Venom doesn't have his Sneaking and Parasite Armor, but can have the Battle Dress.
Speed is equalized.
Both start with line of sight of each other.
Battle starts at night.

Listen. Where you're going? Tell your friends. Tell everyone you meet. You tell them all. When you see me coming? Run:
I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes. You're all diamonds:

Define basic, every piece of equipment but online stuff is "basic".
And which rifles and what not if only one? Lots have quirks and traits.

Define basic, every piece of equipment but online stuff is "basic".
And which rifles and what not if only one? Lots have quirks and traits.
Primary Weapon: AM MRS-4 (5 stars) and M2000-NL (5 stars)
Secondary Weapon: BURKOV (5 stars)
He can also have a few grenades.

This is a basic loadout, nothing too crazy.

So like, none of his arm weapons? No stun, EMP, flash, sleep mines/grenades? No Fultons?
why'd ya gut him

EMP doesn't really matter because MK doesn't carry technology that crazy and sleep stuff wouldn't work either via resistance. Fultons would, but MK can come back via Portals.

If It's too little, I guess I can also give him a few stuns instead of grenades.

Volt arm? Rocket Punch? Infinite Ammo?
You're def giving Venom kind of bare-bones stuff, even in-game bro can bring in like 8 side tech a mission. Against a dude who you're giving his full loadout bar planet busting stuff, which mind you, which includes ice manip, homing attack and drones, explosives, precog, electricity manip, etc, which is odd because most of that stuff Venom also has, he's just being restricted from it.
sleep stuff wouldn't work either via resistance.
Moon Knight doesn't res them, even if he did, Venom's stuff is extremely potent given how long that lasts with as many upgrades it has, as well as upscaling off statements.

Against a dude who you're giving his full loadout bar planet busting stuff, which mind you, which includes ice manip, homing attack and drones, explosives, precog, electricity manip, etc, which is odd because most of that stuff Venom also has, he's just being restricted from it.
Moon Knight doesn't have 5-B optional equipment
but can have his holy artefacts.
Only holy atefacts, and the only somewhat useful thing is precog that, in-comic, is stated by MK to be kinda shitty.

Moon Knight doesn't have 5-B optional equipment
Yes, this states he has optional equipment, just not the 5-B ones.
And then there's summoning, stat amp, electricity, and more that's simply standard.

Just give Venom his stuff bar the online ops, given that's listed in his standard equipment.

Yes, this states he has optional equipment, just not the 5-B ones.
MK doesn't have any optional equipment, merely standard stuff.

Just give Venom his stuff bar the online ops, given that's listed in his standard equipment.
If it's in his standard equipment, then he has in this match. The only thing I actually took was the outfits in the OP.

I could give everything to both sides, but I think it would be a stomp since Moon Knight has a stats reduction that made a 5-B/3-C guy so weak that a 9-B was able to physically hurt him.

I could give everything to both sides, but I think it would be a stomp since Moon Knight has a stats reduction that made a 5-B/3-C guy so weak that a 9-B was able to physically hurt him.
If that's standard than he'd have that, can't restrict standard equipment.

Regardless, how good is MK's electrical res?

If that's standard than he'd have that, can't restrict standard equipment.
When I say everything, I mean both standard AND optional, and his stats reduction is optional.

Regardless, how good is MK's electrical res?
Normal good, his suit is insulated so electricity doesn't affect his body. Also can take hits from an empowered Randall, that shoots lighting from his eyes.

When I say everything, I mean both standard AND optional, and his stats reduction is optional.
Just give them their standard man, ya can't restrict that anyway.
Normal good, his suit is insulated so electricity doesn't affect his body. Also can take hits from an empowered Randall, that shoots lighting from his eyes.
Is it 1.2m volt good?

Is it 1.2m volt good?
I've no idea, Chariot... All of my judgment will be from visuals alone and, comparing with the scans on profile and those I've just send, they look similar in potency to Venom's stun hand, who also looks like lighting, so I guess?

Well, kinda need a statement. Like tanking 100,000v, doesn't mean you could walk off 1,000,000,000v.

How long does his gas mask last for too? It says it's temporary.

That might end up being problematic given how much shit Venom has from phosphorus to sleep. If it ain't permanent, it's bound to wear out sooner than later.

Problematic I agree, however I don't think any sleeping gas will actually be useful, he's just going to move away from the gas, and even if falls asleep, Moon Knight can force himself to wake up like he did against Morpheus. He was constantly falling asleep and waking up until reaching where Morpheus was.

Problematic I agree, however I don't think any sleeping gas will actually be useful, he's just going to move away from the gas,
Venom has sleeping mines, sleeping grenades and so on. Think even the dummies have sleeping gas.
Moving away ain't exactly easy, and making distance between him and Venom is the last thing he wants given Venom's arsenal of firearms.
and even if falls asleep, Moon Knight can force himself to wake up like he did against Morpheus. He was constantly falling asleep and waking up until reaching where Morpheus was.
As said, Venom's sleep stuff is extremely potent, it can put dudes out cold for ages, and when coupled with statements, I don't think "forcing himself awake", applies. Like yeah for Lv1 sleep stuff maybe, but Lv5?
Plus like, even if he falls asleep for 1 second, that's enough time for Venom to exploit for incap or kill (Given his res isn't exactly instant last I checked).

As said, Venom's sleep stuff is extremely potent, it can put dudes out cold for ages, and when coupled with statements, I don't think "forcing himself awake", applies. Like yeah for Lv1 sleep stuff maybe, but Lv5?
Morpheus dream manipulation is also extremely potent, being claimed to be a "permament sleep" by himself, which a few pages later to be confirmed by a doctor that he could sleep forever. And Moon Knight tanks his attacks, claiming that only makes him tired but still able to move and dodge.

Plus like, even if he falls asleep for 1 second, that's enough time for Venom to exploit for incap or kill (Given his res isn't exactly instant last I checked).
There are instances that it's fast, but not instant, Scarlet Fasinera stabbed him and had thrown him into a river to die, Khonshu appeared and Marc began a whole ass yapping session, and boom, back to the living. There's a time gap of Scarlet running away and his body hitting the bottom of the river.

Morpheus dream manipulation is also extremely potent, being claimed to be a "permament sleep" by himself, which a few pages later to be confirmed by a doctor that he could sleep forever. And Moon Knight tanks his attacks, claiming that only makes him tired but still able to move and dodge.
Dream Manipulation, is not the same as a literal ton of drugs being pumped through his body. We're talking about a supernatural hax were it happens just because vs it happening because of a bunch of chemicals actively physically changing the body's chemistry.

They don't equate to each other, different mechanics.
There are instances that it's fast, but not instant, Scarlet Fasinera stabbed him and had thrown him into a river to die, Khonshu appeared and Marc began a whole ass yapping session, and boom, back to the living. There's a time gap of Scarlet running away and his body hitting the bottom of the river.
"Instances", which means it isn't always the case, if it happens a few times in like a 40 year run, ain't exactly standard. And even in said cases there's a demonstrable time gap as you just proved.

Aren't all of Venom's Buddies standard equipment too since he can straight up call them if they aren't already there and even swap them out for each other mid-mission?

Back