• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Shooters Tournament: Battle Royale

hqdefault.jpg

Now that LR4 is done with Johnny winning, my original plan is to skip the loser’s finals since Smith Syndicate already fought Johnny and beat him. However, thinking about this, it would somewhat feel boring to just skip a finals match to have Smith Syndicate automatically move on (2 if Snake wins). With that said, would you be interested to see a rematch, with conditions being given to the loser of the original match to benefit them?

Now that LR4 is done with Johnny winning, my original plan is to skip the loser’s finals since Smith Syndicate already fought Johnny and beat him. However, thinking about this, it would somewhat feel boring to just skip a finals match (2 if Snake wins). With that said, would you be interested to see a rematch, with conditions being given to the loser of the original match to benefit them?
That'll be interesting

Now that LR4 is done with Johnny winning, my original plan is to skip the loser’s finals since Smith Syndicate already fought Johnny and beat him. However, thinking about this, it would somewhat feel boring to just skip a finals match to have Smith Syndicate automatically move on (2 if Snake wins). With that said, would you be interested to see a rematch, with conditions being given to the loser of the original match to benefit them?
no (y)

what rematch?

To be elaborate, Johnny has lost twice. The Smiths haven't lost a single time, they're in losers because of a coin flip. One of the two should be eliminated from the tournament, and it's Johnny, but if the Killer7 lose due to the rematch being weighed too much in Test's favor, that means that a character will be eliminated for their first loss (despite this being a double elimination bracket) against a character who has already lost both times.

As such I don't think it's fair to make such a rematch. If you wanna make a thug finals sort of deal after a tournament where it's a bonus match, sure, I guess, it's fine, but I don't really like the idea of compromising a tournament's validity just to have a more interesting final stretch.

To be elaborate, Johnny has lost twice.
Johnny has only lost once. He won every other match besides the match he had with The Syndicate. If Johnny lost twice, he would've been eliminated.

The Smiths haven't lost a single time, they're in losers because of a coin flip. One of the two should be eliminated from the tournament, and it's Johnny, but if the Killer7 lose due to the rematch being weighed too much in Test's favor, that means that a character will be eliminated for their first loss (despite this being a double elimination bracket) against a character who has already lost both times.
I didn't even get a good amount of input because of school work. I think it's fair if we do a rematch between the 2 with the same rules as last time, as making the rules that favors one person would just make it unfair.

I feel like you should just make the rematch with the same rules as before, as I lost in the first round due to something that I had prioritized first. Making new rules where the match favors me wouldn't be fair.

Yeah but the Syndicate has literally never lost and they shouldn't be eliminated off a single L.
I'm not saying he shouldn't. I'm saying that there should be a rematch with the same rules, as I didn't give enough input in the match I had with you because of school.

So you're just gonna forget about all of the hax Johnny has?

His versatility and more potent/effective hax more than make up for the skill gap here.
Random, i wanna say this, sometimes, no matter how good your hax is, if a character is just too madskilled, you just can't win

Yes because Johnny doesn't lead with that while the Smiths lead with shooting, which would be successful in the first seconds. Nevermind that even if Johnny gets one kill he has no reason to expect there to be more Smiths.

1. Considering how elusive Johnny is, that'd be very hard to do, as the bullet is moving in only one direction. This isn't Buggy where he can literally control where his projectiles can go.
Cool, he has basic acrobatics, do you really think they can't deal with that quickly?
2. How so? It simply means that Johnny can sense where The Smith is. How is that unreliable?
It presumably happens once in the whole series and it's just "huh, a weird feeling", I think unreliable is a reasonable assumption. Not that it'd matter since one of the Smiths can literally just go invisible and the ESP sure as hell isn't enough to deal with that. He can also just get sniped from a couple hundred meters away

Cool, he has basic acrobatics, do you really think they can't deal with that quickly?

It presumably happens once in the whole series and it's just "huh, a weird feeling", I think unreliable is a reasonable assumption. Not that it'd matter since one of the Smiths can literally just go invisible and the ESP sure as hell isn't enough to deal with that. He can also just get sniped from a couple hundred meters away
1. Apparently having very nimble mid-air movements is not very hard to deal with, and is considered "basic." Not saying that Johnny won't get shot at all (especially with the skill gap), but come on, now. Johnny's Body Control will also be extremely useful for avoiding head shots. Being able to put himself in places as small as a vacuum cleaner would also be helpful. Johnny literally didn't see his dad do anything in his sight of vision, and yet he still knew what he was doing. How is that not viable?

2. Johnny can sense where the other Smith is at before getting sniped, and he has a couple of options to dealing with that.
1. Simply dodge the attack.
2. Use Time Stop to stop The Smith's in his or her tracks.

Johnny can also use his laser guns, which should much more effective than bullets. Johnny can also use his Shrink Ray to shrink himself so he can be harder to hit.

Alright. I mean, I don't think anything mentioned is enough and I could explain why, but this isn't a vs thread.

Anyway, I've made my point. The tournament has been handled normally so far, I don't think an exception should be made because one of the contestants is unlucky especially when a loss for the other one would be way more unfair to them.

Alright. I mean, I don't think anything mentioned is enough and I could explain why, but this isn't a vs thread.

Anyway, I've made my point. The tournament has been handled normally so far, I don't think an exception should be made because one of the contestants is unlucky especially when a loss for the other one would be way more unfair to them.
I just thought that a rematch with the same rules as before would be fair, but for the tournaments sake, you can just automatically eliminate Johnny from the tournament to keep the process running smoothly.

Back