• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) 8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 1, Match 8: Thrash Machine VS Metal Gear RAY

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Last time on this tournament, Captain Celebrity dominated over Tighten. Now, we will have a giant battle.

In the blue corner, we have the Thrash Machine from Deltarune (nominated by me), and on the red corner, we have the Metal Gear RAY from Metal Gear (nominated by Adem Warlock69).

(Note: Originally, Galactimus was meant to face RAY, but due to how he will be upgraded in the future due to a fatal error in one of the calcs he scales to which got a lower result than it was supposed to, he was swapped out for Thrash Machine.)

Laser Head Thrash Machine and MGRR RAY are used, rest of the match rules in the tournament OP.

Who wins?

Create A Machine To Thrash Your Own Ass:

Pew Pew Robot: 7 (Peppersalt43. Popted2, Adem Warlock69, RoTt35, TheRustyOne, Armorchompy, Psychomaster35)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
So to begin, RAY has the AP advantage. However, I'm pretty sure Thrash would be able to dodge all of its bullets and missiles thanks to dodging GIGA Queen's missiles, plus by grazing them, it can build up TP to access better moves such as amplifying its movement speed with TurboDodge, punch faster and somewhat harder with LaserMode, and heal itself.

When dealing with RAY at a close range, I'd say Thrash would dodge its blade thanks to dodging GIGA Queen's kicks. And once it gets close up, it is over for RAY.

Overall, I'd say Thrash takes this, but I'll wait for more input.

I don't think you're giving RAY the credit it deserves, it was built as an anti-REX weapon so it's much more agile than its size would suggest, not only that but it has several layers of armor and can go on after the more superficial ones are destroyed so putting it down with an AP disadvantage is gonna be pretty hellish. The ability to dodge attacks in a Punch-Out-style minigame is nice and all but I don't think it guarantees immunity from REX's sweeping attacks either. Not only that, but since it focuses on slow, single attacks or grappling, gaining TP is going to be a slow process.

If I'm not mistaken, the amps are temporary and all draw from the same resource, right? I don't think they're a wincon on their own, at most a cherry on top.

So what about its machine guns and missiles? Those are still a faster way to graze them and gain TP if its swinging attacks are slow. Though, if it attacks slow, then it’s nothing new to Thrash Machine anyways which has dodged GIGA Queen’s kicks and clones which were either running up to it or diving from above.

At most, it’s going to be a slow fight if Thrash Machine will do chip damage for each hit while dodging RAY’s slow attacks.

I'm not sure how you're working off the idea that the Trash Machine can just dodge everything, you need to actually dodge the machine gun fire and it's basically impossible to do so while still engaging RAY in melee combat, and if you try to move away from it it can fire its beam and something of that size ain't weaving away from it so easily. Mind you, RAY is probably way more agile than the Machine to begin with (and probably has a more varied set of melee attacks).

Also, RAY has a huge LS advantage (Not on its profile for some reason but it upscales greatly from Solid Snake and the like) so grappling (which it is programmed to do) is a wincon

It doesn’t need to keep attacking RAY when it would have to prioritize on dodging the attacks (especially for TP) before attacking once it’s left vulnerable. Plus, the Machine Guns would still be dodgeable since that is where it dodges via moving it’s SOUL in a similar fashion to Kris who is one of the pilots. As for not trying to trigger its beam, based on its fight with GIGA Queen, Thrash Machine around a decent distance of ~10 meters away when dodging or running up to attack.

It doesn’t need to keep attacking RAY when it would have to prioritize on dodging the attacks (especially for TP) before attacking once it’s left vulnerable.
RAY doesn't never leave itself open, but it's not a Punch-Out boss with clearly defined moments of weakness, it's always got some arm or leg or missiles it can throw at you, so both keeping your distance and attacking it is impossible.
Plus, the Machine Guns would still be dodgeable since that is where it dodges via moving it’s SOUL in a similar fashion to Kris who is one of the pilots.
That's because UT attacks attack the soul. RAY follows no such rules.

Well, if it will always keep attacking without leaving itself open (especially with a good AP and Durability advantage) then I suppose Thrash may not stand a chance.

There are openings, mind you, just not particularly ones as blatant as the Queen boss battle where she leaves herself wide open after attacking.

I’m also switching to RAY just to finish it off

That’s grace, stick around for Round 2.

Yeah sure

glances at brackets

but i'm sure as **** not staying for round 3

Back