• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) 8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 2, Match 4: Captain Celebrity VS Metal Gear RAY

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Time to move on between the hero and the robot!

In the blue corner, we have the Captain Celebrity from My Hero Academia (nominated by TheRustyOne), and on the red corner, we have the Metal Gear RAY from Metal Gear (nominated by Adem Warlock69).

MGRR RAY is used, rest of the match rules in the tournament OP.

Who wins?

Pro Hero:

Pew Pew Robot: 7 (FantaRin The First, RandomGuy2345, Adem Warlock69, Peppersalt43, GlaceonGamez471, XSOULOFCINDERX, GoldExPoints)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Can we get the AP and Durability for both of them, so we can compare?

This should be somewhat simple to determine as CC is a flying brick and RAY is a Pew Pew Robot

CC's 112.07 tons
RAYs are around 156.78 tons
Thx!

CC has superior lifting strength, and I think, from my understanding, should be able to lift RAY in theory. However, this doesn't really help him since the goddamn pew robot will shoot him the frick down if he tries that shit. Doesn't help that CC's only method of attack is to either ram RAY at high speeds repeatedly or try to fistfight a robot, his speed rating is also unknown so that probs fudges things on his part considering RAY's Armaments and its reactions. So sadly the flying brick is going to be beaten down to the ground after a mid-diff fight.

I vote for RAY.

Well, I’d like to hear a response from TheRustyOne before we take any action

CC is actually able to one-shot 246.09 Tons, so this might be a one-tap GG for Captain Celebrity.
That calc is unacceptable, it was removed from his profile for a reason you know. It was removed a long time ago as well.

Basically calcs like this don't work, not unless we can provide evidence that the giant in question can move proportionately like an actual gorilla but scaled up. Since giant in fictions don't also move like that (They move slow), and we never see that giant ape move whatsoever. The last way of calcing that was its GPE, which was only High 8-C I think.

It's fall from the tower was without a doubt High 8-C.

As for the match. Captain Celebrity's advantage would be his smaller size, his flight which could allow him to out maneuver Ray, and his lifting strength surpassing its weight.

Also considering the robot's massive size, 25 meters is actually still pretty close. At the least close enough that I think CC should be capable of getting in there landing some hits to see how durable it is. Ray won't got down with just one hit, but only weighs 505 metric tons. CC's Lifting Strength will make it stumble a lot with his attacks, and of course pick it up. Ray does have a lot of attacks, so I'll go through most of them to see how CC could fair.

First off the plasma cannon while scary looking, is just a simple energy beam. Which is rather easy to avoid for CC, who can go anywhere in the air that he wants.

It does have multiple guns, which it can fire rather quickly. Though note that the gun does only chip damage to Raiden, and it basically Ray's weakest kind of attack. So it won't be doing massive damage to CC, it'll hurt, but nothing that'll mean too much unless he stood still and let it hit him. Though they are dangerous still.

Ray is a UMG, making it Unmanned. AI is piloting this thing and it has quirks, such using certain attacks depending on the distance. It likes to use the plasma cannon at random times when far away, which isn't a difficult thing to avoid. And it also likes trying to slash at things with its heat blade as well. So it won't be sticking to one thing.

Also Ray's aim with its machine guns leave a lot to be desired against smaller targets.

He also has the option of destroying those machine guns like Raiden does, and with his LS he should be capable of ripping those things right off. It can fire a barrage of missiles, but as you can see, they aren't that difficult to avoid. It'd be easier for CC who can just fly, instead of hopping from missile to missile.

Considering its massive size, and how it won't go down in one punch. It won't take CC long to start trying to pick it up, and he'll have a pretty easy time carrying it anywhere he wants. Throwing it a far distance, dropping it from a far height. Or even doing something like this by grabbing its tail.

It'd be a lot easier for CC who can easily lift 248834.7 metric tons, while Ray only weighs 505 metric tons. If he grabs it by the body and lifts it up, there isn't anything Ray can do if he just starting pummeling it while it's in the air. He could even lift it with one hand and land blows on it with his other hand.

I think Captain Celebrity should be able to win this fight. His high maneuverability with his smaller size and flight, which should let him get in on Ray quickly. And Once he starts picking up and tossing the thing, I think he manages to easily take care of it. Using his smaller size to his advantage and staying close to Ray and landing blows while keeping it from moving by keeping it high up in the sky.

RAY actually has the LS advantage (Not on its profile for some reason but it upscales greatly from Solid Snake)
That's not what I meant. It only weighs 505 Metric Tons, and Ray has no way of using it's lifting strength advantage. His superior LS to its weight.

There is no way in hell that thing is catching CC in its mouth, and CC won't try and clash with it's blade for obvious reasons.

Also considering the robot's massive size, 25 meters is actually still pretty close. At the least close enough that I think CC should be capable of getting in there landing some hits to see how durable it is. Ray won't got down with just one hit, but only weighs 505 metric tons. CC's Lifting Strength will make it stumble a lot with his attacks.
LS =/= SS, no reason for CC's blows to stagger RAY more than expected.
First off the plasma cannon while scary looking, is just a simple energy beam. Which is rather easy to avoid for CC, who can go anywhere in the air that he wants.
Speed is equalized and all that RAY needs to do is adjust its aim slightly
Raiden is super fast and agile, I wouldn't take that as evidence
He also has the option of destroying those machine guns like Raiden does, and with his LS he should be capable of ripping those things right off.
LS doesn't let you ignore durability. He still needs to contend with RAY's superior stats.
It can fire a barrage of missiles, but as you can see, they aren't that difficult to avoid. It'd be easier for CC who can just fly, instead of hopping from missile to missile.
How is "move with enough speed to statue the entire barrage of missiles" evidence that they're easy to dodge? Mind you Raiden is stated to need a speed amp to deal with them comfortably.
Considering its massive size, and how it won't go down in one punch. It won't take CC long to start trying to pick it up, and he'll have a pretty easy time carrying it anywhere he wants. Throwing it a far distance, dropping it from a far height. Or even doing something like this by grabbing its tail.
And then what? Being tossed around isn't gonna kill it, and falling isn't even gonna scratch it since it's 8-A.
It'd be a lot easier for CC who can easily lift 248834.7 metric tons, while Ray only weighs 505 metric tons. If he grabs it by the body and lifts it up, there isn't anything Ray can do if he just starting pummeling it while it's in the air.
He can pummel one specific spot at a time and that is if he somehow manages to put himself in a position where RAY can't spam its missiles or something like that
Using his smaller size to his advantage and staying close to Ray and landing blows while keeping it from moving by keeping it high up in the sky.
I think you strongly underestimate RAY's overall mobility, it can't fly but it can bridge huge distances with a leap, so if it wants to it can easily pounce on CC or keep away and spam ranged attacks.

Also, RAY upscales from its rating, kinda. It's mostly comparable to Raiden who has an upgraded body compared to the one that performed the feat, and when he did he was weakened and only had one arm.

Also, RAY upscales from its rating, kinda. It's mostly comparable to Raiden who has an upgraded body compared to the one that performed the feat, and when he did he was weakened and only had one arm.
Doesn't that mean he breaks the rules if he upscales?

Raiden performed that 156.78 Ton feat while weakened and missing an arm. While Ray from MGS4 is likely stronger than normal Raiden, and MGRR Ray is stronger than MGS4 Ray.

"For AP, the minimum is 55.5 tons, as that's the baseline for 8-B+. The maximum AP will be 150 tons. Characters that are slightly below the minimum AP (ex. 50 tons) or slightly above the maximum AP (ex. 155 tons) are just fine"

Raiden performed a 156 Ton feat while weakened, Peak Raiden is stronger, Ray is stronger than that, and this Ray is even stronger.

Basically this match up is 100% unfair, for the tournament and how CC is incapable of damaging it. As Raiden even with a Durability Negation sword, struggles to cut through it's armor. And his only method of possible attack will not effect Ray at all. So this match is a stomp.

CC is far too small, and Ray can operate and attack even without any use of his arms.

Can fire plasma beam and missiles. With each on being able one shot Raiden in that scene.

CC is incapable of doing anywhere near the damage Raiden does, and even than he had to split it in half to bring it down.

While Ray from MGS4 is likely stronger than normal Raiden
I don't believe this is the case.
Raiden performed a 156 Ton feat while massively weakened, Peak Raiden is stronger, Ray is stronger than that, and this Ray is even stronger.
That's... not what I said. Feat =< MGS4 Raiden < MGR Raiden (Initially) => MGR RAY. If that ends up being against the rules, sure I guess, I'm not the one that submitted RAY.
Basically this match up is 100% unfair, for the tournament and how CC is incapable of damaging it. As Raiden even with a Durability Negation sword, struggles to cut through it's armor.
Not really, Raiden slashes through him easily in cutscenes.
And his only method of possible attack will not effect Ray at all. So this match is a stomp.
????????? They're not even x2 apart in AP, CC can hurt him just fine. If he's out of the tournament AP range, sure, but this fight is perfectly fair

Ray is a machine not a person, you are aware that correct? It doesn't bleed or take internal damage, and CC is massively smaller than it.

Explain anything CC can do and I'll explain how it is impossible.

CC is far too small, and Ray can operate and attack even without any use of his arms.
Didn't you just say size was an advantage?
Can fire plasma beam and missiles. With each on being able one shot Raiden in that scene.

CC is incapable of doing anywhere near the damage Raiden does, and even than he had to split it in half to bring it down.
Raiden can block a physical attack from RAY just fine, and basically all QTE fails in MGR end in death even if they're something as weak as a fall so I wouldn't use them for evidence, especially when the fall is what kills Raiden in those QTEs too.

Note: My first post was nothing more than to bring someone out to argue for Ray, I have zero fate in CC winning whatsoever.

He stands no chance at all, 100% lost assured.

Punch it until it stops moving lmao, RAY can be killed by blunt force just fine
How?

Ray can operate just fine even if both of its arms are destroyed. CC can't even come close to that type of damage.

He can at best chip at its armor with his attacks, which means nothing when Ray's attacks to far more damage and CC can only hurt small parts of it.

Note: My first post was nothing more than to bring someone out to argue for Ray, I have zero fate in CC winning whatsoever.
I mean for what it's worth, I think you made a fairly decent case.
He stands no chance at all, 100% lost assured.
I wouldn't say that. He just needs to like, land enough hits without getting hit which is obviously dumb advice but not impossible.

I was talking out of my butt, just making stuff up. (How would an 8-A character be harmed by falling?)

CC can't destroy it, since it needs to take massive damage to be destroyed. Do you think CC is strong enough to shatter its arms with even dozens of blows? No, CC is way to small and the area his fist contains isn't enough to do anything. He'd need thousands of punches to perform Raiden's singular feat.

And it has to not move at all, since a single attack is going to do massive damage. And the speed of its attack require blade mode, which is a massive speed amp as you said before. Speed Equalized equalizes the speed of the characters with the same multiplier.

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

Which means its projectile attacks will still be faster than CC, with the difference being massive as Blade Mode increases Raiden's speed well beyond Ray's combat speed.

Raiden needed to cut it in half to kill it. And CC would have no idea where this thing is powered, so he has no where to aim.

CC's only chance was lifting and throwing it, but falls don't hurt it so there is nothing he can do that can cause widespread damage. Especially when Raiden, with one arm, didn't shatter into pieces from 156 Tons ramming into him.

CC can't destroy it, since it needs to take massive damage to be destroyed. Do you think CC is strong enough to shatter its arms with even dozens of blows? No, CC is way to small and the area his fist contains isn't enough to do anything. He'd need thousands of punches to perform Raiden's singular feat.
That's not how we consider things. He should be able to inflict damage to its machinery with enough blows. Hell, being smaller would actually be an advantage since the surface area affected would be smaller.
And it has to not move at all, since a single attack is going to do massive damage. And the speed of its attack require blade mode, which is a massive speed amp as you said before.
I said to deal with it comfortably, you can actually block the attack without Blade Mode, and that's in close quarters, CC can just fly away from the attacks.
Raiden needed to cut it in half to kill it.
That doesn't mean cutting it in half is necessary to kill it. Sufficient blunt damage has killed earlier RAY models just fine, Raiden just doesn't specialize in that anymore.

That doesn't mean cutting it in half is necessary to kill it. Sufficient blunt damage has killed earlier RAY models just fine, Raiden just doesn't specialize in that anymore.
What kind of damage?

The damage CC can inflict is around the sizes of a bug bites, his fist is ungodly smaller than Ray's body. He can't do anything. Even if his fist went into Ray's body, that's still a tiny little hole that isn't going to do anything to Ray.

Ray's missiles are homing as well. Just that they don't home in during cutscenes... or because Raiden's much faster and the missiles just can't keep up.

What kind of damage?
Stinger missiles or melee attacks from RAY.
The damage CC can inflict is around the sizes of a bug bites, his fist is ungodly smaller than Ray's body. He can't do anything. Even if his fist went into Ray's body, that's still a tiny little hole that isn't going to do anything to Ray.
I mean, energy propagates, as long as the AP is comparable he can inflict blunt damage. that's... how blunt damage works.
Ray's missiles are homing as well. Just that they don't home in during cutscenes... or because Raiden's much faster and the missiles just can't keep up.
That they are (sometimes). Doesn't make the fight inherently a stomp.

How is this a noticeable fight at all?

Even if not a 100% stomp, how does anyone look at a fight like this and think... "I can't tell who'll win" This isn't noticeable, this is just obvious to anyone with eyes.

CC lacks any ranged attacks, has no experience fighting something that can fire so many ranged attacks, is inferior to a one arm Raiden, and at best is attacks can make tiny dents or holes in a very small portion of its armor. Since it has thick armor he'd have to get through first, before he'd even get to its actual body.

Do you think a 1 arm MGS4 Raiden could beat this Ray? And CC is even weaker than that Raiden.

How is this a noticeable fight at all?

Even if not a 100% stomp, how does anyone look at a fight like this and think... "I can't tell who'll win" This isn't noticeable, this is just obvious to anyone with eyes.
I mean, yeah, I agree, but we still consider these possible to add. Personally I'm iffy on it but them's the rules.

I dislike it, because while I know it isn't 100% impossible for any damage. But I just don't see how a decisive win is considered fair enough to be a noticeable match. Ray will take some damage, honestly may even get picked up and fall (No damage).

I didn't think his fight with Tighten was fair either, it's why I haven't added it to his profile. He already beat Metro Man, so how is fighting someone inferior to Metro Man in all categories fair at all? Yeah it isn't a stomp, Tighten can hurt him. But the results are so obvious.

Note: If Ray isn't removed from the tournament, in case it wasn't clear, I believe it wins this fight pretty easily.

Issue is that at that point determining what can or cannot be added becomes basically impossible. I mean determining a stomp is already pretty opinion-based, determining if something is noteworthy is basically impossible.

The real enlightened take is that matches should not be added to profiles at all

To be honest I don't think Ray should be removed, he isn't that high like I was suggesting. Just got over emotional I admit. Pretty sure the thread maker knew that and was alright with it, there isn't any actual one shot in the scaling. Just a maybe stronger and unknown amount stronger.

Also CC would lose the next match without any doubt, rather him lose to Ray and get it over with.

Last edited:
That calc is unacceptable, it was removed from his profile for a reason you know. It was removed a long time ago as well.

Basically calcs like this don't work, not unless we can provide evidence that the giant in question can move proportionately like an actual gorilla but scaled up. Since giant in fictions don't also move like that (They move slow), and we never see that giant ape move whatsoever. The last way of calcing that was its GPE, which was only High 8-C I think.

It's fall from the tower was without a doubt High 8-C.
Oh, okay that's my bad then. I never saw the calc on the profile in the first place so I assumed they had forgotten to add it.

Back