• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Crazy dnd sword
The semifinals have arrived, and the winner of these two rounds will progress to the final round.
Current Standings

Hub

The contenders for this round are the Ouma Kurogane, submitted by FirePhoenixEarl, and The Hunter (Monster Hunter), submitted by Mr. Bambu.

Low Rank Hunter and 8-B Ouma are used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place on this floating arena, 20 meters apart.

Ouma is slightly under 100 Tons, the hunter is far greater than 20.4 Tons.

The Hunter's Theme Ouma's Theme
Ouma Kurogane -

The Hunter (Monster Hunter) -

Incon -

Ouma vs Hunter

Best I try to end it quick.

Attack. Omua, that <5x advantage is very beneficial tbh.

Durability: See Attack

Lifting Strength: Omua, M is better than 100.

Stamina: Hunter, he can fight for days which is much better than Omuas extended time, likely lasting many hours for Omua, which is inferior.

Range: Hunter, no doubt, hundreds of meters is much better than fifty meters.

Intelligence: Hunter, due to the fact Omua tends to be arrogant, Hunter is very skilled (even though Omua is somewhat skilled, but slightly inferior), being able to outsmart his opponents.

Experience: Hunter, assuming he is average adult age, that puts him better. Though both are just as skilled, Hunter, thanks to being older, is better.

Abilities: It was a hard choice. As we can see, Omua would be able to try to incapacitate his opponent to suffocate him to death in 1-10 minutes via Mukou Kekkai, and Hunter would be able to put his opponent to sleep and even try to cause these statuses:

306D6056-B813-4FE3-83DA-90EB84218DB0
...however, Omua is much more durable, and by creating a tornado around him (possibly even blowing the projectiles away!), he can tank the attacks pretty well, as the Hunter would struggle and suffocate to death. Thus, its Omua who takes it, despite Hunters insane arsenal.

Conclusion: It has come to me that the most reliable thing to do is for Omua to buff himself up, protect himself from the bullets, and let his winds strangle Hunter as he helplessly struggles to break free. Despite more advantages, Hunter would struggle to harm Omua anyways, because, 5x. The winner is Omua Kurogane.

Ok trying to cut this short.

From what the hunter i've heard has:

1- Sleep bullets (or any kind of bullets really), Tenryuu Armor no bullets will be piercing his skin. And even without it, his skin is tough even for 98 tons, it's so thick it's stronger than someone who literally turns his skin to steel iirc. I doubt Hunter has much to pierce through either way.

2- Gasses, similarly to the father match, gasses won't help due to the "armor" though this time instead of the fire consuming the gas, it would be the wind dispersing it.

That's all i know, i will wait for Bambu here.

So currently i won't be voting cus limited knowledge on Hunter, but right now im leaning to believe this will just go the usual Ouma sings "can't be touched, can't be stopped" then proceeds to just ap crush hunter boyo (either through Ryuzume, grappling, shoving his hand into hunter's chest and crushing his heart cus he does that for no reason besides to prove "outside of stella y'all fodder", wind manip, oxygen etc).

I believe there is only 1 thing Hunter can do to get rid of the armor, but that will spell instant doom for him. So again imma wait for bambu boyo.

Hunter has resistance to Wind via Windproof + Passive Power Null that is able to nullify winds that are much more powerful than him, mainly Dank Kush. It includes air defenses. And he won't struggle without air because Self-Sustenance.

Hunter can easily negate durability with Dragon Weapons, superior dura barely matters. And dragon bullets should one-shot Ouma because haha mindhax. And even then he has Stealth Mastery so bloody good that literally bumping on him won't expose him at all plus bypass Extrasensories and senses. And Instinctive Reaction from mantles and even from just some arts.

Hunter is also far above the thing he scales from. Not just that but also he is always fighting monsters that are stronger than him, fighting against someone stronger isn't nothing new.

I won't vote 'til Bambu gets here. Following.

Hunter doesn't have hax but he mulls air manip pretty good. On a phone but I can give a full response in a bit.

Walls of text that don't have hax are a thing, surprisingly.

Abilities are pretty much to quantity, and hax is to quality. Haxes can usually often lead to stomps depending on how efficient they are.

generally hax refers to things that negate durability or otherwise skew matches heavily in one's favor

These brackets aren't supposed to have very much, but I still got Skull Knight in lol

...someone demote this idiot

How'd I spend like a year on the wiki and never figure out the difference between abilities and hax????

Cause its not really an official thing and more an individual thing as to what counts

We do have a page for the term it seems

Hax

This derailing tho

Skull Knight and Hunter both have hax, with a Sword of Erasing Death for one and poisons for another.

I believe one is a bit more than the other.

I mean Hunter has a lot of drugs but that's pretty much it, it isn't hax in the same way as, say, soul-rip gg.

Either way, Hunter has a means to nullify Ouma's essentially only ability keeping him in action, i.e., air manip-ing everything away. Then just any means of incap gg I guess.

Windproof mantle negs Ouma's air manip and Elderseal screws him over. Hunter pretty decisively takes this.

Yep here we are the one thing that could deal with ouma's shield... per null. And as i said above per nulling ouma is instant win for him. I've said this before but if armour goes off the wind is released wind seeing enough to heavily damage the whole stadium and blow off stella (98 tons with 98 ton armour like ouma).

That on hunter will be at least shocking and will instantly incap him for a bit if not 1 shot him due to the potency. After that hell have to deal with phase 2 ouma, that means far more bloodlusted and so fast he can blitz pl and can go even faster via stat amping magic like ikki.

Ok it doesn't give him resistance to 100 ton attacks. That will still passively 1 shot him the moment he power nulls. Even if it doesn't, it's a blitz 1 shot before the hunter can even blink.

Mr. Bambu said:
Either way, Hunter has a means to nullify Ouma's essentially only ability keeping him in action, i.e., air manip-ing everything away. Then just any means of incap gg I guess.
Doesn't that need the hunter to physically attach something on Ouma, something that's impossible to do for Hunter due to the passive wind armor?

Okay I still am on phone, literally cannot access my actual laptop rn for reasons a few people know, but I honestly don't see much a point in debating. Puma has AP and that's about it since Hunter mulls air manip. Then Hunter has any means of incapacitation.

Passive wind armor doesn't mean jack when it goes through tornadoes constantly surrounding giant monsters. So Elderseal + Pick-yer-Poison of Incapacittation methods and Hunter takes this handily via removing the one trick from the one trick pony.

He cannot nullify Ouma's wind though. The profile says the power null is done through a object of some sorts that needs to be attached to the body of the target. Hunter cannot touch ouma's body.

I've literally just started stronger winds have tried and failed.

Wind attacks are not wind armor. You can resist wind attacks, via wind proof or whatever it's called. You cannot bypass Ouma's armor unless you have wind manip of your own or enough AP, and hunter has neither.

No monsters in Monster Hunter have anything close to ouma's wind armor.

Or the ability to just go through strong wind. Surrounding themselves in a tornado works.

Coincidentally, what does stop Hunter from just dropping some sedatives?

Still not an armour, tornado can be bypassed via resisting the wind, an armor doesn't work by the same metric. The armor works on density rather than pushing or hurting. So yeah he has dealt with stronger winds but not denser air.

Wind armor stops all those. Projectiles get noped by shield, gasses get dispersed by shield. Literally nothing in Hunter's arsenal can actually get past Ouma's shield.

It would have to be applying some sort of force to keep something out. That is a push.

Not necessarily, it's more a counteraction (archimedic force) rather than an actual force. It's like saying Hunter resists dipping his toe into honey (i mean can move in honey just as easy as he would in air), he doesn't he may resist for some reason being attacked by honey but he cannot do anything about the fact that honey is too dense, so dense it makes it hard to move. Now apply that same concept on Ouma's shield but rather than "hard to move" it's impossible to move unless you're ~8-A.

You can't even have air that dense that's still a gas though.

Hunters pods pierce literally tier 6 winds

If the hunter's thingie can go through tier 6 winds, I don't see why it shouldn't just go through a tier 8's wind barrier, no matter how dense.

TacticalNuke002 said:
If the hunter's thingie can go through tier 6 winds, I don't see why it shouldn't just go through a tier 8's wind barrier, no matter how dense.
^ this

TacticalNuke002 said:
That's cus it mostly resists tier 6 attacks in a sense. Density doesn't give potency that's why you can't compare it to tier 6. It can be tier 6 but less dense than a tier 8.

Yeah i agree as well. Sorry Earl but Hunter for Bambis reasons. I can follow that logic more than yours.

Back