• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
First round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Took a while for me to get everything ready as I was busy today.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Superbi Squalo, nominated by YungManzi, and Nero (Devil May Cry), submitted by RebubleUselet.

Choice Arc (Older Version) Squalo is used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place outside of the Devil May Cry shop.

Nero is >>> than 6.024 Megatons, Squalo scales to 8.8-36 megatons, don't know which end is accepted.

Nero (Devil May Cry) - 12 (Ovens, Rebuble, TISS, Schnee, Xtasy, Wright, John, Anton, Arrogant, Zark, Bambu)

Superbi Squalo - 12 (Litentric, Starter, Yung, Jacky, Rot, Velox, Dragon, Xanx, Phoenixstorm, Gyro, SSBXeno, Iap)

Incon - 1 (Overlord)

Squalo
Devil may cry 5 1

Jackythejack said:
Whyyy do you post this so late. I have to sleep soon gosh darn it
Cause Dargoo is getting back at us for all the suffering we've caused as humans in general

So, I'll kick off arguments.

Squalo's rain flames can slow down opponents, and can cover an area in front of his weapon. If Nero gets caught in them he can be slowed to the point where he just straight up dies according to Squalo's page. Squalo can also potentially freeze up Nero's muscles with a good hit from his spear, but Nero's ranged play makes that unlikely. Squalo's water can cause significant damage to peeps on the same level too so if Nero isn't too careful he gets sort of screwed. The tranquility effect of the Rain Flames also means if Nero is trapped he won't be compelled to get out.

Nero's regen helps a lot here, although if he gets caught in Squalo's barriers/waters that won't save him. Yamato's space shenanigans means that Squalo using his spear's abilities at a close range are very unreliable as he can just cleave straight through at anything Squalo puts in his way. Nero also has stat amps to close the AP gap, and a large variety of ranged options.

Overall Nero likely takes this, albiet narrowly. He has better ranged options than Squalo and in close quarters Yamato's space abilities pose a problem to Squalo, with both being incredibly skilled making it into a lethal edge. Regen helps, too, although not that much.

AnonymousBlank said:
Pretty sure Dargoo has to do a CRT rn as well so you can't blame him.
Two CRTs if you include the upcoming RWBY Volume 6 CRT.

What does Nero lead with after he gets Yamato? If he just does the spatial slicing, this is gonna be a very fast match. Between regen and stat amps among other things, Nero should compfortably take the round if Squalo uses the lower AP. Not entirely sure how it would go if using the higher AP so I am gonna hold off on voting for now until Yung gives more info.

Huh. It seems like Squalo also should have an experience edge over Nero, albiet very slightly.

Still, I'll give Nero a vote until someone more qualified comes along to suddenly flip Dargoo's reasoning on its head.

I mean, Squalo has equally potent ways of taking out Nero at a close range. In a closed range battle Nero getting hit with the water flames can practically end him just as fast as Yamato sclicing though Squalo does.

IMO he wins more off of having better ranged options.

Nero - 3 (Xtas, Starter, Anonymous)

I'm not sure on Nero's experience feats. But Squalo is quite literally the best swordsman in the verse, excluding Yamamot and Genkishi at this point.

I'm not sure if Yamato's spatial slicing means that it can cut through anything (hax) or that it can cut through space itself to make it unavoidable (op hax). Assuming it's the later, I'm almost certain that Squalo has intuition enough to not clash blades with Nero due to Varia quality. A kind of lesser form of Vongolar intuition.

Unfortunately, Yamato also makes Squalo's box weapon much less helpful, as it'll be cut in half. But that still leaves potential to spread rain flames upon Nero's body. Which essentially spells GG from there, as Squalo is just gonna to hack him to bits.

Same thing applies if Nero hits one of Squalo's forcefields, or if he's hit by an attaco di squalo, in particular if its covered in rain flames as it'll numb the entire body.

His forcefields and box weapon should be plenty effective against ranged attacks, unless I'm missing something, and his superior swordsmanship will allow him to get a hit in. It helps that his sword can hit impossible angles since that arm is mechanical. Which may very well catch Nero off guard.

Neither one can really take much from the other. And Nero's regen is offset by the fact that when Squalo does get a hit, he's guaranteed to get many more.

Because Squalo's hits should count for more than Nero's hits (And him being arguably a slightly superior fighter), I'd vote for Squalo more often than not. Though, admittedly, it seems pretty close.

I guess I forgot to mention, while perhaps not as potent as Nero's, Squalo merely covering his blade in rain flames acts as a stat amp as well. And he can also do things like give small boons to his durability. Though making a forcefield is likely a better use of it. As it's what he employed against Zakuro.

Boom. Totally flipped.

Yeah, I was actually leaning towards Squalo, but I didn't know enough about Reborn! to say for certain. Now that someone who knows what they're talking about has gotten in, I'm switching to Squalo FRA.

Okay so...I know Nero is a video game character and all, but what is most likely his first course of action?

He can neg durability with Yamato, but getting into a sword fight with someone like Squalo is one of the worst things he could do.

1) Squalo is easily top 1-2 swordsman in the entire world in KHR. While Nero's profile specifically says he's not as skilled using Yamato.

2) He can slow down Nero's movements.

Does Yamato use some kind of DWF equivalent as a source of energy? If it does, he could potentially poower null it.

Yeah, I missed some key details in my vote about Squalo, Litentric's reasoning is very solid.

Nero leads with Yamato after he obtains it, yes. And it does cut through anything with its Spatial Manipulation. AP shouldn't be a problem, as both are near-baseline and Nero can just slice through Squalo.

With that being said, I think Nero should take this by slicing.

YungManzi said:
1) Squalo is easily top 1-2 swordsman in the entire world in KHR. While Nero's profile specifically says he's not as skilled using Yamato.

2) He can slow down Nero's movements.

Does Yamato use some kind of DWF equivalent as a source of energy? If it does, he could potentially poower null it.
1) Nero has been trained by Credo, who was the captain of the Order, but there's not much otherwise.

2) By how much specifically?

No it doesn't.

Btw, Dargoo you made two mistakes in the OP:

You put DMC5 Nero, when it's DMC4 one fighting.

And Nero scales above Low 7-B+ results in the blog you linked, not 7-B. Those belong to a reboot.

I'm still keeping my vote tbh

Look at the range difference:

Squalo: Extended melee range normally, several meters with explosives

Nero: Standard melee range. Can reach up to tens of meters with Blue Rose (Cue Smith and Wesson Model 500 characteristics), Yamato's blade beams and with Devil Bringer.

I don't think Nero would be facing him in a swordfight, instead he can use Yamato's ranged option

Well, it's a bit OOC for Nero to keep his range, but if Squalo goes in CQC first (which I assume he does), then Nero just yeets him with his daddy's sword.

RebubleUselet said:
Well, it's a bit OOC for Nero to keep his range, but if Squalo goes in CQC first (which I assume he does), then Nero just yeets him with his daddy's sword.
So you mean if Squalo goes CQC then Nero uses sword beams or nah

RebubleUselet said:
With that being said, I think Nero should take this by slicing.
Litentric had this to day on Yamato:

"I'm not sure if Yamato's spatial slicing means that it can cut through anything (hax) or that it can cut through space itself to make it unavoidable (op hax). Assuming it's the later, I'm almost certain that Squalo has intuition enough to not clash blades with Nero due to Varia quality. A kind of lesser form of Vongolar intuition.

Unfortunately, Yamato also makes Squalo's box weapon much less helpful, as it'll be cut in half. But that still leaves potential to spread rain flames upon Nero's body. Which essentially spells GG from there, as Squalo is just gonna to hack him to bits.

Same thing applies if Nero hits one of Squalo's forcefields, or if he's hit by an attaco di squalo, in particular if its covered in rain flames as it'll numb the entire body."

Nero - 3 (Xtas, Rebuble, TISS)

Squalo - 2 (Litentric, Starter)

1) It's the former, so I guess that's moot.

2) Not sure if that's relevant if Squalo starts with CQC and he gets cut through.

3) Check point 2.

I said that Nero's regen should be helpful, but I remembered that Squalo had Paralysis, so it really wouldn't be much of a help if Nero got hit by it

Back