• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Team Bracket: Small, Speedy and Undying Edition (All spots taken)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
MountainVictims
The main victims of this bracket

Since the last 3 brackets I was in apparently died, I thought it's time for me to make a bracket of my own again. This time with the following rules:

• Only 7-A Characters. No stonewalls.
  • Every user has to nominate 2 characters, which will fight as team in this bracket.
  • In total there will be 8 teams, meaning only 8 users get to nominate characters.
  • (Approximately) 24h after a match is made the character with most votes wins the battle as far as the bracket is concerned. If the votes are inconclusive the result will be decided via a (cheat proof) coin toss.
  • Low Hax: The amount of hax should be kept low. As usual I, as the creator, will evaluate if the teams are acceptable. Some criteria are: Flight is allowed, no Regenerationn or other hax that would prevent a character to be killed by normal physical attacks in this tier, the stronger a character is stat wise the less hax it is allowed, durability negation hax should evadable and only one hit kill with a solid hit (which doesn't mean all that fulfils this will be accepted), a lot of mediocre hax can be worse than one good one
  • If your team suggestion should be rejected you have 10 hours to nominate a working team. Otherwise some other applicant gets the spot (if there is one).
  • Equipment and higher tier stuff in the same key can be restricted, if necessary. These matches won't get on the profiles anyway.
  • Battles will be speed equal, unless unnecessary
  • No characters currently under revision
Here are the current nominations:

1. Knoche and Wrath (Web Novel) (DontTalkDT)
  2. Elisa Celjska and Mami Tomoe, Base versions (Beast Zero Gudako)
  3. Iona (Arpeggio of Blue Steel) and U-2501, >7-A stuff restricted (First Witch)
  4. Blazike and Pikachu (Anime) (I'm Blue daba dee daba die)
  5. Hayato Gokudera and Tsunayoshi Sawada (XDragnoir)
  6. Pidgeot and Monkey D. Luffy (Post-Timeskip) (The real cal howard)
  7. Lion (Steven Universe) and Stevonnie (Adem Warlock69)
  8. Machamp and Metagross (Dusty Raider)
Bracket Tree: here.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Blazike and Greninja@First Witch,
It says no regen for a reason
Not combatapplyable Or to be more specific, its reliant on their union core, on top of them not being able to regenerate to that extend mid battle. If you one shot them they are down.

Going through this slowly from top to bottom.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Elisa Celjska and Mami Tomoe. The Magia Record version or their base if It's too much.
What does the burn status do?

How good is Elisa's Empathic Manipulation?

Can Mami fight while maintaining absolute territory? If so, how strong is the barrier?

Mami Power Nulls via ribbons IIRC? How durable are those?

Base sounds better than Magia record, given mind manip, invisibility, Type 8 Immortality, reality warping and all such fun.

What AP do they scale to?

Burn status is you know....burn things

It's not combat applicable IIRC

The barrier is made from ribbon, which has High 7-A to 6-C Dura. But Mami herself only has 7-C Dura, so that should be fine.

Around 500 megatons.

First Witch said:
Anything above Mountain level would of course be restricted from use.

Klein Field seems ok, as it seems rather baseline Mountain level.

The corrosive warheads might be a problem, though. These sound like they create an AoE effect that oneshots everything without resistance to space manipulation. Are those strictly torpedos, i.e. can they only move in water?

Is the Mirror-Ring System really only Mountain level? I ask, because it mentions absorbing Super-Graviton Cannons, which on Iona are ranked Island level.

Their union core is part of them, right?

(How will I even set up a fight against ships...)

Beast Zero Gudako said:

The barrier is made from ribbon, which has High 7-A to 6-C Dura. But Mami herself only has 7-C Dura, so that should be fine.

Around 500 megatons.
So, continous minor damage or something?

ok

Since this is a team fight, that would mean Mami could create essentially unbreakable barriers around herself and Elisa while Elisa attacks, no? That would make her, for practical purposes, a stonewall.

Would be the super graviton cannon only but yeah.

Its 2x times baseline

For Submarines yes, although it is worth mentioning that they can hover over water.

It can absorb Super Gravitron shots yeah, but the System only works on energy based attacks and can only cause damags equal to the absorbed attack.

Yes

You can do it, i believe in you.

DontTalkDT said:
Beast Zero Gudako said:

Around 500 megatons.
Since this is a team fight, that would mean Mami could create essentially unbreakable barriers around herself and Elisa while Elisa attacks, no?
No.

She would only create barrier whenever she was about to get hit. She tends to dodge the attack more than blocking it.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
She would only create barrier whenever she was about to get hit. She tends to dodge the attack more than blocking it.
Ok. If this turns into "Mami stonewalls via barriers" I will kick her, though. Just to announce this in advance.

It can absorb Super Gravitron shots yeah, but the System only works on energy based attacks and can only cause damags equal to the absorbed attack.
Energy based attacks as in energy beams or as in "punch is stopped as the kinetic energy is absorbed"?

What happens if you punch a Klein Field btw.? Gets the fist destroyed due to the spatial manipulation?

Energy beams. I wish it would have been crazy like kinetic energy...

You can punch it just fine.

DontTalkDT said:
Beast Zero Gudako said:
Ok. If this turns into "Mami stonewalls via barriers" I will kick her, though. Just to announce this in advance.
If Mami did that normally, she would literally unbeatable and wouldn't lose her head to this thing. ovo

Wait, I didn't realize you could pick characters from two different verses...

Naofumi and Raphtalia would still be a good opption if this was Faubrey War arc, Where Naofumi can freely use Liberation Aura and starts with it...

But Given their competition, I don't think Q'ten Lo arc is good enough.

Gimme a sec.

Tsunayoshi Sawada, Sealing is close ranged and petrification is ooc against real live beings. About Genkishi Illusions, they can be countered by things that aren't using the five senses of the target, if this can make you change your mind.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Does Lion use his spatial abilities for BFR?

What is Stevonnie's bubble stuff about? Sealing, BFR and Multi-Continent level durability stuff sounds questionable, if it has no drawbacks.

Does Lion use his spatial abilities for BFR?

What is Stevonnie's bubble stuff about? Sealing, BFR and Multi-Continent level durability stuff sounds questionable, if it has no drawbacks.

Sealing is out of character, BFR can be escaoed if you break out of the bubble before she sends you away, and their High 6-A shield is only around the suze of Captain America's. They can make a full bidy bubble shield but that's not in character.

BFR is pretty out of character.

XDragnoir said:
Tsunayoshi Sawada, Sealing is close ranged and petrification is ooc against real live beings. About Genkishi Illusions, they can be countered by things that aren't using the five senses of the target, if this can make you change your mind.
Many characters here only have five senses, I think.

Is ice that "can only be melted by strong Dying Will Flames" 7-A?

Back