• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Howling into Hell Tournament: Blackhand vs Eye Guy

Me realizing my match is against Weekly Battles
20230412_231324.jpg

Starting at range, Eye Guy has the immediate advantage of having a decent ranged attack, though his ap is far lower than Blackhand's so I imagine his attacks being not enough to stop Blackhand from closing the distance. Once it gets to melee I think the winner is obvious since Eye Guy has no cqc feats (at least not compared to Blackhand), and resistance to ice and fire manipulation removes Eye Guy's only utility options.

Giving my vote to Blackhand.

Starting at range, Eye Guy has the immediate advantage of having a decent ranged attack, though his ap is far lower than Blackhand's so I imagine his attacks being not enough to stop Blackhand from closing the distance. Once it gets to melee I think the winner is obvious since Eye Guy has no cqc feats (at least not compared to Blackhand), and resistance to ice and fire manipulation removes Eye Guy's only utility options.

Giving my vote to Blackhand.
You think increasing the starting distance to the max(50 meters) may make it more fair?

You think increasing the starting distance to the max(50 meters) may make it more fair?
I think it would lean it more in Eye Guy's favour, but right now I don't think there's a problem with fairness. Every fight in this tournament has started with 10m, and Eye Guy just has a bad matchup in his first round. Thats how tournaments work.

I think it would lean it more in Eye Guy's favour, but right now I don't think there's a problem with fairness. Every fight in this tournament has started with 10m, and Eye Guy just has a bad matchup in his first round. Thats how tournaments work.
No the rule is 5-50 meters, IE if both characters are just melees ill put as 5 meters, if one is a melee and one a ranged person ill put it at 10 meters, and 2 rangers it depends on their range on their attacks.

But there are exceptions for fairness

No the rule is 5-50 meters, IE if both characters are just melees ill put as 5 meters, if one is a melee and one a ranged person ill put it at 10 meters, and 2 rangers it depends on their range on their attacks.

But there are exceptions for fairness
With 50m maybe he'd have more of a chance, but I'd say don't change it based only on this. If someone else agrees it should be changed then go for it but since nobody else has joined this yet I'd leave it.

Eye Guy is really acrobatics his entire strategy.
Now Eye Guy
He starts the fight by jumping on the walls crawling as he is an alien insect type then once he maintains his distance via his enhanced jumping abilities he shoots energy beams.

Eye Guy can dodge lasers and is know for his athletic jumping (Can jump several meters high), Quickly taking down enemies and leaping into the near by structures as well as surface climb.

Eye Guy is really acrobatics his entire strategy.
Now Eye Guy
He starts the fight by jumping on the walls crawling as he is an alien insect type then once he maintains his distance via his enhanced jumping abilities he shoots energy beams.

Eye Guy can dodge lasers and is know for his athletic jumping (Can jump several meters high), Quickly taking down enemies and leaping into the near by structures as well as surface climb.

I mean... what's stopping Blackhand from just tumbling the buildings down? He was Going to literally collapse the Blackrock Foundry, a massive building that went multiple hundreds of meters underground and Kilometers around

Onigashima is small for an island, so Blackhand could reliably collapse it just by fighting as he normally would

And it's not like Eye Guy can really fight the guy head on, Blackhand is already a stomp and a one-Shot above his value, and has better stamina

Mehhh I only entered this tournament cause I wanted to with a weak character I wasn't that into it.... Backhand can take the win.
I honestly don't really mind you can you gather votes.

Mehhh I only entered this tournament cause I wanted to with a weak character I wasn't that into it.... Backhand can take the win.
I honestly don't really mind you can you gather votes.
I just wanted to argue Warcraft TBH

Back