• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Lords with a wild side; Godfrey The First Elden Lord vs Genn Greymane (GRACE)

Good match.

Genn scales to 259.8 Megatons, Godfrey scales to 118.6 Megatons. Both upscale considerably from these scores so I feel that line of dialogue is pointless- Genn has about a 2.2x advantage, which is considerable but not totally overwhelming.

Thanks

I should note the reason I gave Godfrey Prior Knowledge is that Worgen Form from Genn bowls over and all but stomps those comparable to him in AP/SS/Dura. So Godfrey kind of needs that safety net when it is completely in-character for Gen to jump in with Worgen form the moment the fight starts. But there's also the Nathanos fight where he whipped put Worgen Form as his ace in the hole.

But the majority of conflicts Genn has just gone Worgen form before they've even started so I would put the first option of "Genn immediately jumps at Godfrey" as the more likely to happen

Ahm... Genn gets completely speed-blitzed even at his peak...

OP equalizes speed or unfortunately my man Genn gets mid-diffed at max (I don't know what Godfrey can do)

As for what Godfrey does... I won't pretend to understand Elden Ring Lore even a little, I haven't looked into it, but gigachad warrior. I think.

Ok, now we can talk about this

Sound manip via warcry is negged by Vibration Manipulation resist? Anyway, his Shockwave is.
How does Godfrey deal with Stat Reduction? Curse and Corruption?
How much is IC for Godfrey to react for, as reaper said, Genn starting jumping at him+Enhanced Senses+stats reduction+2.2x more ap?

Sound manip via warcry is negged by Vibration Manipulation resist? Anyway, his Shockwave is.
How much is IC for Godfrey to react for, as reaper said, Genn starting jumping at him+Enhanced Senses+stats reduction+2.2x more ap?
It's decently OOC for Genn to actively bite someone who can be afflicted with the Worgen Curse, he knows how it feels and doesn't want that shit spreading more then it has to

Assuming OOC=Out Of Character:
Genn jumping at a guy with armor wound't immediately bite him, and there are many more things for him to do. Now that I've actually read the curse part, it would be the only part I'd remove, but still:
Enhanced senses+stat reduction+2.2x ap

Curse and corruption doesn't seem terribly relevant- it turns you into a Worgen, which leaves you in a bestial state and makes you stronger. If it even occurs mid-fight, it probably just makes Godfrey even stronger- certainly befits his fighting style.

Enhanced Senses is also irrelevant as Godfrey isn't reliant on stealth. He fights directly and doesn't tend to employ underhanded strategies at all. Being a little better at noticing people hiding isn't really going to net Genn any points. Same deal with Jumping, because frankly it's just as likely for Godfrey to employ his own massive leaps.

Meanwhile Godfrey has multiple sources of attacks he's putting out (creating magma geysers to hit Genn multiple times, plus his spiritual clone thing you fight, which while certainly weaker is still 7-A upscaling from the same feat) and his shouts will still deal damage, it's specifically the vibrations that Genn is listed as resistant to.

It's a damn close fight, I don't know how it ends up personally. Still considering things. Leaning incon.

Curse and corruption doesn't seem terribly relevant- it turns you into a Worgen, which leaves you in a bestial state and makes you stronger. If it even occurs mid-fight, it probably just makes Godfrey even stronger- certainly befits his fighting style.

Enhanced Senses is also irrelevant as Godfrey isn't reliant on stealth. He fights directly and doesn't tend to employ underhanded strategies at all. Being a little better at noticing people hiding isn't really going to net Genn any points. Same deal with Jumping, because frankly it's just as likely for Godfrey to employ his own massive leaps.

Meanwhile Godfrey has multiple sources of attacks he's putting out (creating magma geysers to hit Genn multiple times, plus his spiritual clone thing you fight, which while certainly weaker is still 7-A upscaling from the same feat) and his shouts will still deal damage, it's specifically the vibrations that Genn is listed as resistant to.

It's a damn close fight, I don't know how it ends up personally. Still considering things. Leaning incon.
Probably wouldn't matter too much for this fight even IF Genn actually bit folks in-character, Worgen Curse takes hours to turn the afflicted into a worgen, and I don't think this fight is going past the 15 minute mark

Yep, Worgen may have really good enhanced senses, but... they don't matter when the opponent is a very straightforward fighter.

Magma is the general issue here, since Worgen+Fire=Very bad time for the Worgen, but it's also a fair bit telegraphed with all the screwing up of the ground so the likelihood of Genn jumping back is also pretty high.

Also, Genn's Vibration Resistance is weird in that if it screws up his ability to fight beyond damage, he resists it... but Hoarah Loux's only does damage so it doesn't much help here.

2v1 probably wouldn't help too much either considering how many Feral Worgen he's fought and how much Feral Worgen like to swarm, but at the same time, Skilled Warrior vs Wild Animal. I think the clone is a pretty good tool here even if I don't recall him actually Summoning it in his personal fight, I'm clueless on the lore not the gameplay

Probably wouldn't matter too much for this fight even IF Genn actually bit folks in-character, Worgen Curse takes hours to turn the afflicted into a worgen, and I don't think this fight is going past the 15 minute mark

Yep, Worgen may have really good enhanced senses, but... they don't matter when the opponent is a very straightforward fighter.

Magma is the general issue here, since Worgen+Fire=Very bad time for the Worgen, but it's also a fair bit telegraphed with all the screwing up of the ground so the likelihood of Genn jumping back is also pretty high.

Also, Genn's Vibration Resistance is weird in that if it screws up his ability to fight beyond damage, he resists it... but Hoarah Loux's only does damage so it doesn't much help here.

2v1 probably wouldn't help too much either considering how many Feral Worgen he's fought and how much Feral Worgen like to swarm, but at the same time, Skilled Warrior vs Wild Animal. I think the clone is a pretty good tool here even if I don't recall him actually Summoning it in his personal fight, I'm clueless on the lore not the gameplay
He doesn't summon it in his actual boss fight, but he does have the ability to create it, and his boss fight is under a very specific circumstance (fighting essentially one of his own trained warriors who was banished alongside him to pursue the task both of them are now on the precipice of completing- Godfrey is an honorable dude in this way). It makes sense that in another circumstance it's at least plausible he'd use it.

I probably should've noted on the ******* CC Resistance list that the character resists the adverse effects of the things listed, not taking damage from them
He doesn't summon it in his actual boss fight, but he does have the ability to create it, and his boss fight is under a very specific circumstance (fighting essentially one of his own trained warriors who was banished alongside him to pursue the task both of them are now on the precipice of completing- Godfrey is an honorable dude in this way). It makes sense that in another circumstance it's at least plausible he'd use it.
Makes sense

i've taken this point away, my bad.

Enhanced Senses is also irrelevant as Godfrey isn't reliant on stealth. He fights directly and doesn't tend to employ underhanded strategies at all. Being a little better at noticing people hiding isn't really going to net Genn any points.
Enhanced Senses also apply to combat itself :) Like, for exemple, dodging the hits (as displayed in the profile, there's a diff between react speed and "general" speed from Genn/wow characters, and +the long section about ES from Worgen form).

Same deal with Jumping, because frankly it's just as likely for Godfrey to employ his own massive leaps.
how much OC for it to start with it? I'm really regretting to argue with only reading his profile and will refrain posting more here b4 seeing battle(s) with this boss, Can't see this massive fella jumping at Genn like Soul Of Cinder tho.

how does the sounds differ from vibration(s)? Also, i really put effort in talking abt ES thinking about those geysers.
Profile directly states that the clone is weaker, how does it upscales at a similar level? also, which feat are we talking about?
so much ass, i gotta see this guy fighting asap.

Wait, so it helps with anything but damage?

hm...any video showing how he does so?

I probably should've noted on the ***** CC Resistance list that the character resists the adverse effects of the things listed, not taking damage from them
f**k... Yeah, i keep the point about dodging magma geysers, but this could be a problem, and despite loving to scream "For The Alliance!" i gotta do a nice research to try and say something, so other knowledgeable guy at genn's side would be nice.

Wait, so it helps with anything but damage?

f**k... Yeah, i keep the point about dodging magma geysers, but this could be a problem, and despite loving to scream "For The Alliance!" i gotta do a nice research to try and say something, so other knowledgeable guy at genn's side would be nice.
Yep. Always has been.

Wow, considering Genn is probably the Alliance leader with the most action outside of Varian...

You know, I was about to make Varian vs Godfrey(which is surprisingly thematic for different reasons), but then I remembered that Varian has an "at least" next to his 7-A and I only give those out for those who one-shot your standard 7-A in the verse so it'd probably be an AP stomp

Last edited:
i'm not even close to knowledgeable about wow and warcraft as i'd like : c
Genn is one of the lowest maintenance dudes to keep track of lmfao, cause he rarely actively fights and mostly just stands there menacingly... I'M LOOKING AT YOU BATTLE FOR DAZAR'ALOR!

Enhanced Senses built to detecting stealth does not necessarily improve general combat ability, no.

I hate to tell ya, Godfrey's most famous move is jump-based. He plays basketball with his enemy as he leaps several stories into the air.

It (the clone) upscales from Radahn. Radahn is the one who did the 7-A feat. Godfrey himself just upscales more.

How? No, the clone is just present to stop intruders. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say it's probably similar to Spirit Ashes.

I remembered that Godfrey's fighting style incorporates LS so I went to check, he has a significant advantage there so it's valid. One might argue that he could still do the style even if he was weaker there, since it's mostly tossing his enemy rather than overpowering him, but the argument wouldn't be necessary.

Enhanced Senses built to detecting stealth does not necessarily improve general combat ability, no.

I hate to tell ya, Godfrey's most famous move is jump-based. He plays basketball with his enemy as he leaps several stories into the air.
Yeah, Genn's enhanced senses aren't "Can detect weakpoints", they're "Stealth can **** off, also super good senses." lol

Isn't that from Hoarah Loux?

Yeah, Genn's enhanced senses aren't "Can detect weakpoints", they're "Stealth can ***** off, also super good senses." lol

Isn't that from Hoarah Loux?
Hoarah Loux is Godfrey, same guy under a different moniker.

As for what Godfrey does... I won't pretend to understand Elden Ring Lore even a little, I haven't looked into it, but gigachad warrior. I think.

Aight, after seeing this:

First phase i'm severely inclined towards Genn. Like, completely.
But that blood-of-the-stand/Phase 2? Like, Genn is not as good in constantly dodging (i think), so i think he'd take 2 or 3 hits for sure.
But...i'll stay at Genn's side today, ngl.
His reaction speed would guarantee that he'd not take that grab a second time (i'm pretty sure he can maybe make use of acrobatics to land more smoothly on the ground), same thing for the geysers, and those "geysers+rocks-thing" (i dare saying that he'd not get hit by the first try of any of those, but Haourah Loux is ceartainly a threat, while maybe Genn`s pistol`s enough for buying some damage in the distance, most of the damage would have to come from the closest of the ranges, which severely caps the strategies Genn can use.

Genn isn't particularly known for dodging, nor is Hoarah Loux, now that I think about it, actually

Yeah I don't recall either taking any tremendous efforts to dodge, they'd rather stay in the frenzy of combat.

If this is what the arguments are boiling down to, I vote incon, they're both an extremely even match for each other. If we had a better idea on how his astral projection worked I may be inclined to vote Godfrey (can he spam it? how long does it take? multiple at once?) but, we don't, so.

agreed
as much as i'd like Genn to win, neither has a nice enough wincon.

Voting incon.

All right Grace is over, I haven't fudked with adding Matches in awhile so catch me if I **** up

Back