• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genn Greymane vs Yuji Itadori (1/1/0)

AP differences between the 2 seems to be approximately 2 at a glance as the values are roughly 120 for Yuji and 260 for Greymane.

I think the fight will ultimately come down to a brawl on who can outlast the other first.

Greymane's most useful tools here are stats amp and stats reduction as any curse or soul related stuff isn't gonna go well for him due to the nature of souls in jjk and how good their resistances are. Souls are pretty much everything to a being on jjk both in mind and body. Worst case scenario is Sukuna coming out and slicing him with Malevolent Shrine if that's allowed.

Yuji despite being weaker here still has the chance to turn the tables around with his excellent physicals. While not having all of his abilities due to many jjk profiles being incomplete, he's likely an advance level sorcerer due to his status later down the line in the manga.

He has rage amp, empowerment, statistics amplification and reactive power level for his physicals. His martials are great too with analytical prediction and instinctive reactions that lets him minimize damage with damage reduction.

The guy has a fair track record of going from bottom to top in a fight like how he humiliated Mahito in the manga. Even after he got stronger and got a new form too. He dominated him to the point of Mahito fearing him and running for his life as he just gave up fighting him (Tbf he wasn't completely alone on this as he also had friends help him fight Mahito before at the same time).

Personally I'd go with Yuji due to superior physical potential and excellent martial skills with his cursed techniques letting him weave and survive mortal wounds.

The fight to me is a question of if Yuji can last long enough to kill Greymane with his overwhelming potential and if Greymane can use his stats amps and reduction well enough to kill Yuji first before that happens.

On the side note despite being inferior to Yuta (High 7-A guy) and both were holding back, he's still powerful and skilled enough to contend with him to the point of breaking his katana with a knife he found and he imbued with cursed energy. Ultimately he lost though as he was weaker and less experienced than him as a jujutsu sorcerer.

Last edited:
And I'd argue that Genn's sheer stat advantage with his massive amount of upscaling from his value plus Worgen Form and endurance gives him the advantage he needs to end the fight quickly, plus Genn is very used to outright brawls seeing as he fought a **** ton of Worgen for the better part of a decade- and before anyone asks how he didn't get cursed- he did, Krannan just fed him elixirs.

Worgen Form in particular makes him ragdoll those Comparable to his base form, that, along with his own skill not being top far behind- if not Comparable to Yuji, makes him likely win in my book

Just wanted something there for both sides

Before I go to bed, you should probably clarify if Sukuna is allowed since he decides the fate of this match up the most here

Sukuna's domain expansion can kill even highly adaptive foes like Mahoraga that can adapt to new attacks after getting exposed once to them so he's High 7-A in his strongest attack

Sukuna's domain expansion can kill even highly adaptive foes like Mahoraga that can adapt to new attacks after getting exposed once to them so he's High 7-A in his strongest attack
Huh.

So basically we're ****** cause either Greymane wins if Sukuna can't use that or Yuji wins if he can.

But I did put both at 7-A so... no? Question mark?

Sukuna could technically still enter the fight via not using Malevolent Shrine and just possessing Yuji. He fights more brutaly with his powers and curse physiology and yeah that brings Malevolent Shrine out of the table. Biggest way to trigger him out is by hitting Yuji with soul based attacks as he doesn't like people touching his soul

Sukuna could technically still enter the fight via not using Malevolent Shrine and just possessing. But he can just possess him and fight for brutaly with his powers and curse physiology and yeah that brings Malevolent Shrine out of the table. Biggest way to trigger him out is by hitting Yuji with soul based attacks as he doesn't like people touching his soul
To be fair, Greymane is likely to just hit Yuji before actually biting him, at least for awhile lol

Yeah

So there's clear wincons for both assuming Sukuna can actually buff Yuji to outpace Greymane, I think Greymane's are more reliable(He has straight up started fights by just going Worgen form) and their comparability in skill makes things surprisingly even on most fronts

Last thing I'll truly say before going to bed is the lifting strength differences, Yuji has class g while Greymane has class 100. That's an interesting dynamic with the AP differences

assuming Sukuna can actually buff Yuji to outpace Greymane
Considering we're using Goodwill Yuji, I don't see a reason why Sukuna should be interfering. Sukuna as a character isn't interested in getting involved in Yuji's fights unless someone is attacking his soul, even being willing to let Yuji die at this stage. He absolutely should not be allowed to be buffing or aiding Yuji here, since he only does that in specific circumstances (like taking soul damage). Also, we've never once seen Sukuna give Yuji stat amp, the only Sukuna interferences are manifesting a mouth to talk, completely switching out with yuji or protecting from soul damage.

With regards to the actual fight, I think Greymane takes this with very high diff. They are pretty close in a lot of aspects, but the ap boost Greymane gets from worgen form makes the difference here. The fight would take a while, with stamina coming into play, and I don't see either parties going down too easily.

While it is true that Yuji consistently wins fights above his grade, the win conditions here are more than just 'kill the opponent'. Even his beating of Mahito, the one fight he convincingly won completely on his own, was super high diff and came down to that Black Flash. Since he can't choose when to activate Black Flash, I don't want to be relying on it as the tiebreaker for beating Greymane, which says to me that when going up against someone stronger than himself, he really isn't capable of killing them without random Black Flashes.

Considering we're using Goodwill Yuji, I don't see a reason why Sukuna should be interfering. Sukuna as a character isn't interested in getting involved in Yuji's fights unless someone is attacking his soul, even being willing to let Yuji die at this stage. He absolutely should not be allowed to be buffing or aiding Yuji here, since he only does that in specific circumstances (like taking soul damage). Also, we've never once seen Sukuna give Yuji stat amp, the only Sukuna interferences are manifesting a mouth to talk, completely switching out with yuji or protecting from soul damage.

With regards to the actual fight, I think Greymane takes this with very high diff. They are pretty close in a lot of aspects, but the ap boost Greymane gets from worgen form makes the difference here. The fight would take a while, with stamina coming into play, and I don't see either parties going down too easily.

While it is true that Yuji consistently wins fights above his grade, the win conditions here are more than just 'kill the opponent'. Even his beating of Mahito, the one fight he convincingly won completely on his own, was super high diff and came down to that Black Flash. Since he can't choose when to activate Black Flash, I don't want to be relying on it as the tiebreaker for beating Greymane, which says to me that when going up against someone stronger than himself, he really isn't capable of killing them without random Black Flashes.
That's just the issue though, if Greymane bites Yuji, that is a curse that effects body, mind, and soul. I shouldn't need to mention why all that combined=Sukuna probably gets involved in some way

But even without that, this would be far from the first time Genn has seen Martial arts(There's a literal entire monk class) and as it happens, clawing someone is a more effective melee option then punching someone, especially not a Werewolf who will have all of their weak spots and shit ****** up for any decent Martial artist.

I should clarify on Genn's stamina beyond how long he can keep trucking too.

Basically, Genn has some of the most impressive wound and pain tolerance in the verse without Immortality of any description, with his most impressive personal feat being eating an amped and poisoned arrow from Sylvanas right to the chest and seemed unbothered

"We're not aiming for the truck"

That's just the issue though, if Greymane bites Yuji, that is a curse that effects body, mind, and soul. I shouldn't need to mention why all that combined=Sukuna probably gets involved in some way
If Genn touches Sukuna's soul and forces him to act, Genn dies instantly. Sukuna's standard attack changes its power to match and beat the durability of his target, and he is known to be one of the two strongest in the series at a time where Yuji is still near the bottom of the verse. I also think its out of character for Genn to attack with his bite, due to his unwillingness to spread the worgen curse.
But even without that, this would be far from the first time Genn has seen Martial arts(There's a literal entire monk class) and as it happens, clawing someone is a more effective melee option then punching someone, especially not a Werewolf who will have all of their weak spots and shit ****** up for any decent Martial artist.

I should clarify on Genn's stamina beyond how long he can keep trucking too.

Basically, Genn has some of the most impressive wound and pain tolerance in the verse without Immortality of any description, with his most impressive personal feat being eating an amped and poisoned arrow from Sylvanas right to the chest and seemed unbothered.
I am familiar with WoW and Genn's showings in it, which is why I'm saying he wins here. Its just difficult when both characters are known for their immense durability and stamina in their own verses.

Sukuna buffs Yuji during possession, Yuji begged him to take over during his first fight against Mahito and he completely dominated Finger Bearer once Yuji wasn't in the pilot seat of his own body anymore

If Genn touches Sukuna's soul and forces him to act, Genn dies instantly. Sukuna's standard attack changes its power to match and beat the durability of his target, and he is known to be one of the two strongest in the series at a time where Yuji is still near the bottom of the verse. I also think its out of character for Genn to attack with his bite, due to his unwillingness to spread the worgen curse.

I am familiar with WoW and Genn's showings in it, which is why I'm saying he wins here. Its just difficult when both characters are known for their immense durability and stamina in their own verses.
True, but he's not completely unwilling, especially with randos

Indeed, 1/1 for now then in votes?

For an extra supporting argument for Yuji, I like to believe that Yuji's massively superior lifting strength here should be pretty good to even out the ap differences at the beginning. While he's not a known grappler per say he should absolutely be capable of doing grapples and other moves that would restrict Greymane's movements a lot due to his excellent rapidly adaptive fighting style. Best case scenario for him to achieve a win is Greymane biting him to force Sukuna out which makes him fight in Yuji's stead

Back