• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(7-2-0) Tadano (SMT) v.s Sumireko (Touhou)

What exactly is stopping Sumireko from teleporting inside the barrier?
Nothing, actually.

you say that now but the verse already has solid arguments for low 1-A.... only a matter of time

That is literally just how resistance negation works though. It by definition ignores resistances regardless of their strength, because the resistance itself is not even a factor to begin with. That's like saying abilities that negate invulnerability are a NLF because you aren't supposed to be able to bypass invulnerability.
KOS explained it perfectly, so, I don’t need to respond to this.
And here you are going into an NLF of your own.
Not exactly, as Humans in this series can evidently die. Sumireiko just doesn’t have the facilities to accomplish it.

He can't die despite Sumireko negating his resistances, nulling his powers, and increasing her own stats in tandem with Tadano while draining his stamina, because he doesn't want to die.
Resistance Negation is an NLF in this case. He can always replenish his own health, stamina, and reserves, making it useless to drain them.

If Sumireko has the potential to briefly incap Tadano - which she does - she can kill him before the RE kicks in and he starts gaining the advantage. Literally everything you're saying is based on the idea that Tadano won't die before the RE kicks in, because he has RE..., which makes 0 ******* sense because Sumireko beating his ass would occur before the RE.
Except it wouldn’t. His RE activates the second the battle begins. Sumireko’s danmaku ultimately doesn’t matter in the face of his own Demons, that can, in-turn, respond with their own danmaku (and choose to spawn their attacks on her body), barriers, etc.

He needs to survive everything she throws at him while incapacitated, which he cannot do due to resistance negating hax and an ever-growing AP gap in Sumireko's favor.
See earlier responses, for this is my last, I don’t want to go in circles.

I mean, what stops the Demons for spamming Kaja and Kunda spells to amp up Tadano and them and weaken Sumi here? They spawn on the person BTW, you can't really dodge them so teleporting wouldn't work.

My vote goes to Tadano.
Vote counted.
TouVirgins have fallen before the MegaChads. 😔
Kek, I am just happy that my second fav SMT protag - first being Hibiki, third being Nanashi - could have a decent match.... If only there was more Low 2-C SMT protags... could always use Persona protags, tho.
>implying i dont have like 80 threads planned that'll make the matches even
Nice. One day, if that is the case, I'll one day have the chance to pit Reimu in a deathmatch with one of the SMT protag...

>implying i dont have like 80 threads planned that'll make the matches even
Good luck, there are far worse protagonists than Tadano, and if she can hardly beat him, it’s wraps for any Touhou girls that can fight protagonists that can actually use Magic and their Demons.

If only there was more Low 2-C SMT protags... could always use Persona protags, tho.
Nahobino.

Good luck, there are far worse protagonists than Tadano, and if she can hardly beat him, it’s wraps for any Touhou girls that can fight protagonists that can actually use Magic and their Demons.
Thank you. May we meet again when Touhou stomps SMT into the ground when those revisions are finally done. Though, Sumireko is one of the least haxxed 2hus as of now.

I would not count on it - something big remains in the works, the finale to a trilogy of revisions, perhaps, events.

But I’d like to leave that, to the promised day. Till then.

IckyPlayfulAlaskanhusky-max-1mb.gif

All well that ends well. Now, we wait for the final vote (or if it takes too long, I just vote for Tadano) and I wait for the lower tier 2hus to get upgraded so I can pit Cirno against 8-B folks.

Milly already countered the point above, so that's cool
can someone explain to me pl :v
Basically, their attack are capable of harming information that are 1-A in nature, since the Akashic Record (A realm of pure information/data) doesn't use the concept of coordinates (coordinates in MegaTen can be referring to higher dimension, and in this context, it does) since it exist outside of it. And their RPL+RE are capable of evolving from Low Complex AP to Outerversal AP (See the Flynn vs Sanat battle) in a mere battle.
I would not count on it - something big remains in the works, the finale to a trilogy of revisions, perhaps, events.
I smell H1-A MT.

By the way @FantaRin_The_First I vote for Tadano if that's not clear.

Last edited:
Will say from what I know of the rules, Tadano won't have a sudden tier change- he'll stay in Low 2-C since that is what tier I said he was and verse matches don't allow folks to reach a tier higher that the one listed in the middle of a match, at best, he would probably approach the hard limit of Low 2-C and nothing more. But ye, I'll add this to their profile

Basically, their attack are capable of harming information that are 1-A in nature, since the Akashic Record (A realm of pure information/data) doesn't use the concept of coordinates (coordinates in MegaTen can be referring to higher dimension, and in this context, it does) since it exist outside of it. And their RPL+RE are capable of evolving from Low Complex AP to Outerversal AP (See the Flynn vs Sanat battle) in a mere battle.
the one i curious that i thought low 2-C only have 5-D to 6-D hax

Back