• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[6th Round of 7-C Bracket] - Yujiro Hanma vs Ekko (3-7-0)

Anyways, Yujiro FRA. If this was SBA, i'd vote Ekko 100% but 1 meter is almost melee range for someone with Yujiro's size.

The Prince of Counters said:
Yujiro shouldn't even have durability negation to begin with, at best Cut Cord would. Benda bypassing durability via attacking the skin doesn't mean jack shit if the opponent is already more durable than you are. But I'll address this in the ongoing Yujiro thread.

Ekko FRA.
Why would he need Durability Neg when he can oneshot someone 3x stronger than Ekko?

Ekko has versions of himself from alternate universes that are able to attack through space-time to help him in combat, including doing stuff like stop time in a set area for him

If he starts with his timewinder, that won't matter it would act as a protective zone either way that would tear him apart.

Rocker1189 said:
If he starts with his timewinder, that won't matter it would act as a protective zone either way that would tear him apart.
He's not going to be fast enough. Yujiro's attacks ARE the amps, so within 1 meter, Ekko is dead unless he starts with Time Stop

WeeklyBattles said:
BakiHanma18 said:
I think I'll have to agree with Schnee One: unless he starts with Time Stop, Yujiro amps and blitzes
He does start with timestop
The only saving grace for the match I can think of now: is there anything that has to be done to TS?

Even if Ekko starts with the timestop, until the ability is concluded, Yujiro has one-shot him. Stopping time is an action dependent on reaction speed, since the attack itself is instant. However, Yujiro's amps are moves themselves. With the 1m distance, Yujiro can easily amp and one-shot Ekko before he stops time.

KGiffoni said:
Even if Ekko starts with the timestop, until the ability is concluded, Yujiro has one-shot him. Stopping time is an action dependent on reaction speed, since the attack itself is instant. However, Yujiro's amps are moves themselves. With the 1m distance, Yujiro can easily amp and one-shot Ekko before he stops time.
Assuming the ability is thought-based

KGiffoni said:
Actually, that's true. He would have to react to a blitz, which is, by definition, not possible...

KGiffoni said:
Ekko can teleport away, or use a speed amp himself

WeeklyBattles said:
Implying Yujiro is guaranteed to lead with all of his speed amps simultaneously right out the gate
His amps are attacks him and Baki use all the time, it's not like a secret technique for him or something. I can easily see Yujiro leading with Cockroach Tackle

WeeklyBattles said:
Implying Yujiro is guaranteed to lead with all of his speed amps simultaneously right out the gate
It's not guaranteed, but it's more likely than not for reasons we discussed

KGiffoni said:
First is an action, second could work but i think Yujiro's amps are better
Its not an action as his clones are the ones that do it and can send it through time so it happens immediately

Does that work on robots though?

Also just remembered that even human Ekko was able to instantly rewind time after being oneshot by his opponent

Fear aura doesn't always work on everyone. Shonen has that tendency to have weaker characters react to fear manip.

So carry on with next round then?

Ciruno Fortes said:
Fear aura doesn't always work on everyone. Shonen has that tendency to have weaker characters react to fear manip.
So carry on with next round then?
It worked on everyone that wasn't a 10th Dan in Karate or something in these lines. God, It even worked on trained soldiers. You have to excel the average joe psychologically to resist it, and Ekko doesn't seem to fall into that description.

Ekko should be left out of the tournament for being too haxxy, as people have suggested above.

I remember that feat. I don't think that's necessarily an issue of haxx and more "Jesus this guy is strong!! I want to live and not die!!" because they know they're ****** by being tiers below. Ekko isn't.

That said this topic seems about done so no need to proceed on that.

Makes sense. Yujiro proceeds then no?

Ekko's time rwind is stamina based, if he uses it too much he gets exhausted and when he does so he doesnt fully heal himself

Ekko's time rwind is stamina based, if he uses it too much he gets exhausted and when he does so he doesnt fully heal himself

Doppo also was tiers below when he fought Yujiro yet he could be unnafected by his aura. I think it's more like a question of how strong your psychologic is.

I'm not sure, let's wait for Zack to say something.

Wait, who are the people who agreed this is a stomp? Is it only 2 people?

And well if rewind is like that, that actually allows for a fair match. What exactly makes this stompy aside from Yujiro losing even with his amp usage?

@KG

Then that feels more like it's a determination and shonen thing. We've seen this before on shonen.

That said if it's by pscyhe well... literally most non-mook characters have that.

Like i said, its not that this match is a stomp, its just that Yujiro got put up against literally the worst possible opponent he could get in this bracket

^

If he doesn't have any, well, he might just be booted. That said I don't think Ekko's that anymore unfair than Yujiro. What are the usual opponents in this bracket?

Ciruno Fortes said:
^

If he doesn't have any, well, he might just be booted. That said I don't think Ekko's that anymore unfair than Yujiro. What are the usual opponents in this bracket?
Sayaka Miki

This should answer your question

WeeklyBattles said:
Like i said, its not that this match is a stomp, its just that Yujiro got put up against literally the worst possible opponent he could get in this bracket
If Ekko starts with TS and his clones can do it from a point in which they can't be interacted with and place the TS at any point in time they wish, and Ekko can rewrite his death and use Timewinder, how could Yujiro win

WeeklyBattles said:
Does that work on robots though?
Also just remembered that even human Ekko was able to instantly rewind time after being oneshot by his opponent
This? Or am I misunderstanding?

Back