• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in Grappler Baki, Yujiro Hanma performs this. But now that i go over it, wouldn't this be an outlier?

For example (I know it sounds biased, but take a listen.) :
A Verse that got a Low 7-C calc that was around 8-A got rejected because it was an outlier.
I don't see how a verse that doesn't pass 8-B gets a calc of 7-C and it gets accepted. This has never been shown again. No one ever performs a feat like this. I am pretty sure this is an outlier.

If not, sorry for the pointless thread.

Definitely wouldn't be an outlier whenever they have city level statements.
Feats > Statements though. We don't see anyone else performing anything like this ever, and even then why should he scale to the earthquake directly, it shouldn't even be calculable.

statements dont give attack potency feat but it prove that the feat isn't outlier.
The Yujiro earthquake feat is 100% an outlier nothing in the series even comes close to matching that level of power. Not to mention it was done by a far weaker Yujiro. If we do take it as valid it means that ANYONE who scales to Doppo Orochi would get a 7-C rating due to him being able to injure Yujiro with his attacks( This happened in the manga look it up).

I also personally believe it's an outlier when you consider numerous examples of him jobbering throughout the series but it's been discussed at length before.

Nah man don’t worry I’ll explain.

So the problem is that the Baki pages by the original guys did a very poor job of actually researching the verse. There are multiple calcs for the characters that get preformed which funny enough will get answered in my crt.

But to answer it no the verse doesn’t really cap at 8-B. Garland at the maximum tournament does a 8-B+ feat by sidestepping to shake the underground arena. So already a feat was missed at the beginning, because the people who did the research did a bad job finding the feats.

And even then it’s not really true this is the cap for Yujiro because the feat got upgraded to High 7-C, Pickle tanked the meteor that killed the dinosaurs which is Low 7-B+, we have literally WOG statements that he’s above all nukes (Yujiro)Sukune Diamond feat can get into the tier 6 range depending on which calcs you use.

All in all man I get why your confused but the problem is Baki is 1200+ chapters of material that people don’t pay attention to because of how much dense material there is.

Also the characters do get stronger throughout the series. It’s a spoiler for my future crt but there is going to be a multiplier scaling chain.

Making them 8-B doesn’t magically fix the verse like the previous guy thought. That’s Ignoring literally every single feat these characters perform to downplay them. Who would that please?

Anyway bro wait for my I believe I’ve answered your question and I’ll wait till my next crt for the verse for AP if you really have some questions

Also earthquake not an outlier it’s been discussed already and with the stuff I provided above. Recent translations make it very consistent with the verse anyway

Last edited:
How's this low 7-B... thought it would be much higher
It’s basically because he was near it. Unless the anime shows us that he was directly on top of it we just have to assume he was literally right near it which would be city level stuff. Which again is funny because it’s consistent lol

But again I believe the main problem is that the previous Baki guys did a very poor job of defining the verse AP so new user get confused and believe Baki is just a tier 8 verse with one calc in the middle of SOO.

Also Baki characters don’t try for there feat which is another thing in future crt

Regardless of the validity of the tiering, using another verse's precedent isn't really a good way to try and get a downgrade to happen, all stories have different context and ultimately battleboarding is just the interpretation of that context.

OP, do you mind if I close this? I don't think something like this could really ever get through, to prove it's an outlier you'd need much more in-depth research given there are more feats and Baki do be kinda long and kinda weird.

So, in Grappler Baki, Yujiro Hanma performs this. But now that i go over it, wouldn't this be an outlier?

For example (I know it sounds biased, but take a listen.) :
A Verse that got a Low 7-C calc that was around 8-A got rejected because it was an outlier.
I don't see how a verse that doesn't pass 8-B gets a calc of 7-C and it gets accepted. This has never been shown again. No one ever performs a feat like this. I am pretty sure this is an outlier.

If not, sorry for the pointless thread.
what? which verse are to talking about?

Regardless of the validity of the tiering, using another verse's precedent isn't really a good way to try and get a downgrade to happen, all stories have different context and ultimately battleboarding is just the interpretation of that context.
It was just an example.
OP, do you mind if I close this? I don't think something like this could really ever get through, to prove it's an outlier you'd need much more in-depth research given there are more feats and Baki do be kinda long and kinda weird.
Yeah sure, if soda is right and theres other calcs like that im fine with it.

Oh, that? Is being called an outlier really the only thing stopping it?
Yes, specifically the house method. Nehz pinged armorchompy and he wasnt interested, cloverdragon just called it an outlier ( even though Nakime creating the infinity fortress is 7-B, and a poisoned Douma melting to the ground performing an 8-A feat)

Though as I said, nothing to do with this CRT. I just used it as an example because i was just surprised how yujiro got a 7-C feat approved when the verse was 8-B at the time. If soda isnt just speaking out of thin air, i don't have a problem with the feat. If the verse really is around Tier 7, that is. Not only yujiro.

Pretty sure armor chompy himself disagreed to the feat for it not being calcuable, but here.
That feat was hard rejected due to the assumptions that it took, so you can't even use it as an "outlier." sicne the feat itself isn't legitimate to begin with.

Clover also said that the Gyutaro calc was invalid for again, there's no feat there to even be argued as an "outlier." if the feat itself isn't even accepted it can't be an outlier to begin with, which makes me think you made this thread solely over Whataboutism's.

The difference between Baki's 7-C is that it was accepted, the tier 7 feats from DS were wrong when it comes to calculations + that they were outliers. No other feats come close to 7-C , and no statements back it up whereas Baki has the feats and statements to back it up which were already accepted.

Clover also said that the Gyutaro calc was invalid for again, there's no feat there to even be argued as an "outlier." if the feat itself isn't even accepted it can't be an outlier to begin with, which makes me think you made this thread solely over Whataboutism's.
Uh, he didnt. I talked to him directly about it.
unknown.png

He just called it an outlier and moved on.

Since OP has agreed I'll lock the thread, if you wanna discuss that it'd probably be better to do so in DMs or in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back