• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-C Tournament "Journey Through The Ride of Mystery and Supernatural Power" Round 1 - Match 2: Jiang Ziya vs Shuten Douji

ALTERNATIVE TITLE: 酒呑童子が通る!(Here Comes Shuten Douji!)​

As the first fight between the Dark Hedgehog and the Geo Archon goes on, the night has fall upon the Land of Sunrise, known before as the country of harmony/Wa No Kuni (和の国)
Somewhere around the Yamato Province, every activities there has been declined as the population there got evacuated due of sudden emerging of Youkai Rampages and the dimensional break between real and fantasy, and it not only affecting Yamato Province but also every place Japan....now the Country fall as the land of ghosts (妖怪の国)
The King of Oni, Shuten Douji, alongside her ghosts and monsters army, celebrate a parade due of her status as the combatants of tournament who being held by a mysterious entity
in their parade, a man stood on their path, he wield a staff-whip on his hand
Shuten herself, warned the man to get out of their sight or else will get killed, but the man just laughed and replied to her that he's sended here to find the demon....or more like his first opponent to battle with

....Realized that the man in front of her was none other than her opponent, she smirked and then commanded her armies to stay away, as she would enjoy this...
The Drunkard and one of Japanese Greatest Yokai, now faced against the Grand Duke of Wang, The Prime Minister of Xi himself, duel between them would start and decided which one of them would survive and move on to the next fight!

• Base Shuten Douji and Season 2 Jiang Ziya are used
  • Speed are equalized
  • combined interactions of the Five-Directional Flags are restricted
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in: Yamatokōriyama
  • 800px-Yamatokoriyama_City_Hall.jpg
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Grand Duke of Wang: 0
  • The King of Oni: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

Assassin.%28Shuten-douji%29.600.2107396.jpg

VS
Rider.%28Taigong.Wang%29.600.3617218.jpg

• Grand Battle Theme 1: Here Comes Karakasa-San

• Grand Battle Theme 2: Akatsuki

What's Shuten starting move? Also what can Walmart Taigong do against mind hax by only talking, sighing and looking?

For Shuten she would use her primary NP most of the time, she also excel well in close combat due of her nature as Oni (and her skill Oni Kind Demon), tho not entirelly the same class of skill-monster like Raikou and Lancelot
Also her 2nd NP isn't used as kill move most of the time but if she really want to, she would use it
What's Shuten starting move? Also what can Walmart Taigong do against mind hax by only talking, sighing and looking?
I already contacted @Greatsage13th to come here
However, one thing that i remember is that he's ultra-skilled iirc

Hm, remind me how powerful is Tiamat sea of life mind hax again?
Why asking that? It's irrelevant here since Jiang Ziya doesn't have the mind hax
But well, since the mud came from Tiamat, it's obviously really strong, low 1-C Mind hax resistance

Since Shuten can naturally mind hax servant that doesn't have a degree of countermeasure and servant is somewhat resistance against Tiamat mud, so he isn't getting pass the mind hax unless he have something up his sleeve.

Last edited:
Don't know, but she can mind hax via talking and looking so Walmart Taigong need to get through that first before we even get to first move.

Don't know, but she can mind hax via talking and looking so Walmart Taigong need to get through that first before we even get to first move.
His flag should null it, it's also passive. Besides that he has dealt with someone using mind hax in the form of emphatic manipulation.

If that’s the case what is Low 1-C Mindhax caused by looking and talking doing in a 6-C mid hax tournament, nobody will resist that, at all. It’s also way too easily activated so it’s not as if it’s too rare of a wincon to be properly considered

It’s Low 1-C mindhax caused by things as basic as eye contact, it just kills everyone in this tourney does it not

wasn’t there like people saying that the servant physiology page in of itself is too OP for this tournament, or am I thinking of a different verse

I mean looking through the page it does have some busted abilities, you’d need to find someone who uses only the weakest listed there in character which will be tough, also there seems a hell of a lot of resistances

I mean looking through the page it does have some busted abilities, you’d need to find someone who uses only the weakest listed there in character which will be tough, also there seems a hell of a lot of resistances
Again, exaggerarion and the no-knowledge on how Fate's actually work
Some of those busted abilities are either non-combat applicable (immortality), dependant on their characters (soul/info/mind hax), and needed a conceptual weapons or else he/she wouldn't have that

As for the resistances you just need to play smart and careful and making matches (which is why my fate matches are take too long before i posting it)
Well in tournament scenario it would be hard since all of the fight are randomizer but still you'll get the idea

Now i feel what @Theglassman12 feel when back then Blazblue being bombarded by "omg these resistances are too broken pls ban" etc
....And i'm one of those folks who bombarded him back then lmao

Really, aside from mind hax and some resistance, she's pretty good, the bone manip is shit but she rarely use it in character so that take care of that, what i want to know is why is a guy that is supposedly massively skilled and also have passive layered (?) powernull is doing on here, he shut down alot of chars due to that, unless the powernull have some limitation.

Really, aside from mind hax and some resistance, she's pretty good, the bone manip is shit but she rarely use it in character so that take care of that, what i want to know is why is a guy that is supposedly massively skilled and also have passive layered (?) powernull is doing on here, he shut down alot of chars due to that, unless the powernull have some limitation.
The limitation is that the powernull is only extended melee range and only imbued in the flag and the flag's attacks and also doesn't really shut down anyone's powers just nullifying the output rather than the source of the output.

So how does it work? it seem like it would work as protection against shit like instant hax but does it protect you against something getting created and thrown at you?

Edit: example, char A summon a bunch of elemental animals to charge at walmart Tai, would those just get broken down once it enter his range?

What i want to know is why is a guy that is supposedly massively skilled
Quoted from what Sage said in Raikou vs Jiang Ziya:
Jiang Ziya on the other hand is personally trained by the Yuanshi Tianzun , who is as old as the first qi (basically billions of years old). He also defeated demons that have thousands of years of experience very early on in the first series, he could overpower 4 other taoists who had more fighting experience than he did.

Uhh... That's, not that impressive, experience is good and all but without actual context you aren't getting anything out of it. Being trained by someone also isn't really a good feat unless it's stated that he's the best student they ever had and show the feat of the second best one or anyone one of them, this scream heavy context dependant but could be a good feat.

So how does it work? it seem like it would work as protection against shit like instant hax but does it protect you against something getting created and thrown at you?

Edit: example, char A summon a bunch of elemental animals to charge at walmart Tai, would those just get broken down once it enter his range?
Yes

Uhh... That's, not that impressive, experience is good and all but without actual context you aren't getting anything out of it. Being trained by someone also isn't really a good feat unless it's stated that he's the best student they ever had and show the feat of the second best one or anyone one of them, this scream heavy context dependant but could be a good feat.
Just to clarify, yes, he was stated to be the best student of his sect and compared to Zhao gongming who was the best student of a separate taoist sect trained by tongtian jiaozhu the younger brother of yuanshi tianzun.

Just to clarify, yes, he was stated to be the best student of his sect and compared to Zhao gongming who was the best student of a separate taoist sect trained by tongtian jiaozhu the younger brother of yuanshi tianzun.
Better but that still doesn't tell me much, they could be a school of average joe and that 2 kid could be more exceptional, like i said, all of the thing that Velox said is extremely dependant on context for it to be good.

So it works pretty much as a forcefield? Can the null be disabled, overpowered etc or is it just “hehe no damage for me”
It would be "hehe no damage for me" (with forcefield) and "whoops there goes your attack and your life" (with projectiles)

Back