• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-B MCU OWO???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whips aren’t tanking his AP tho. What they survive is the pressure of their LS and even with a hundred Stranges (which means that the pressure of the LS contest is spread across scores of whips), Thanos still overpowered them anyway.
This is already adressed in OP:

"It could be argued this may simply be LS, however, said chains do need to be durable enough so they won't get broken apart once Thanos tugs them, and considering he, once again, use the stones to break free, it's clear he couldn't do it on his own."

And Thanos himself praised him, which is something that I doubt he would do if they weren't comparable in AP at least under the Magical point of view.

This is already adressed in OP:

"It could be argued this may simply be LS, however, said chains do need to be durable enough so they won't get broken apart once Thanos tugs them, and considering he, once again, use the stones to break free, it's clear he couldn't do it on his own."
That isn’t the same as Thanos hitting them. If you pull on a cable, it is going to be different to the force you can exert with a punch.
And Thanos himself praised him, which is something that I doubt he would do if they weren't comparable in AP at least under the Magical point of view.
Once again, Thanos’ only experience with Strange’s AP is that it’s trash. He also never praised his AP in particular, just his ability to fight which was because of his hax that let him briefly contend with 4 Stone Thanos.

That isn’t the same as Thanos hitting them. If you pull on a cable, it is going to be different to the force you can exert with a punch.
If he could destroy the whips than he would have simply done so. He was able to move his arm and hand enough to close his hand, so he could have just took the whips and broke them with simple AP. Instead he prefered to use the Stones, meaning that he wasn't sure if he could do that or not.
Once again, Thanos’ only experience with Strange’s AP is that it’s trash.
And yet he still praised him, something that he wouldn't do if it was "trash" as you say.

I understand your point, I simply don't agree, so there is no use in continuing this argument.

Neutral on the IM restructuring and 6-C Strange. Agree with everything else though.

I really don't know if giving Tony's armors their own pages is really necessary. I largely agree with Newendigos reasoning.

As for Strange, Blank gives some good points as well. Tbh Strange and the other masters of the mystic arts should really just be unknown imo. They never really use their abilities offensively outside of hax, weapon creation (which I don't remember them ever managing to actually hit someone with them outside of the Ancient one), and lifting strength stuff. Thanos attempting to dodge his attacks and defending against them using the stones is also a weak argument since he did the same thing with a lot of building level people in Wakanda. Are we gonna argue for 6-C wakandan spears because Thanos blocked Okoye's with the space stone?

I also don't think the masters of the mystic arts should scale to ultron because the statement of not viewing him as a threat is so vague and can mean many things. It could mean they were just equipped with the hax to dismiss them, or it could also mean Ancient One just looked into the future and saw his defeat, meaning she doesn't have to worry. Not to mention that its a statement I could never find because there's no scans on any of the profiles.

I'm not sure if I agree with the iron man armor pages, seems a bit unnecessary.

The comics version was needed because A) They had a lot of scaling potential and issues with multiple characters, and to show off the long power Iron Man had, B) Several armors show many abilities through out the years, and trying to cramp all of that in a single profile was messy, considering some of the upgrades don't have the same abilities as previous armors C) The armors had such a long history of comics that they were practically characters with their own micro upgrades and variations.

This is not the same for the MCU; The armors have a tremendeously simple power scaling as barely anyone alive scales to Iron Man and many suits aren't even stronger than previous models

Most armors show exactly the same abilities, with new suits having exactly 1 or 2 additions (Not counting the protocol armors, obviously).

Their story aren't that long a complicated to be treated as different profiles, as they single/twice movie armors.

Really what you need is to restructure the profile.
I suppose that is a fair point. I'll just wait to see what other think. I haven't read through the arguments about Strange, I'll do it tomorrow.

Neutral on the IM restructuring and 6-C Strange. Agree with everything else though.

I really don't know if giving Tony's armors their own pages is really necessary. I largely agree with Newendigos reasoning.

As for Strange, Blank gives some good points as well. Tbh Strange and the other masters of the mystic arts should really just be unknown imo. They never really use their abilities offensively outside of hax, weapon creation (which I don't remember them ever managing to actually hit someone with them outside of the Ancient one), and lifting strength stuff. Thanos attempting to dodge his attacks and defending against them using the stones is also a weak argument since he did the same thing with a lot of building level people in Wakanda. Are we gonna argue for 6-C wakandan spears because Thanos blocked Okoye's with the space stone?

I also don't think the masters of the mystic arts should scale to ultron because the statement of not viewing him as a threat is so vague and can mean many things. It could mean they were just equipped with the hax to dismiss them, or it could also mean Ancient One just looked into the future and saw his defeat, meaning she doesn't have to worry. Not to mention that its a statement I could never find because there's no scans on any of the profiles.
Here the statament

If he could destroy the whips than he would have simply done so. He was able to move his arm and hand enough to close his hand, so he could have just took the whips and broke them with simple AP. Instead he prefered to use the Stones, meaning that he wasn't sure if he could do that or not.
You just ignored my point. The energy exerted via striking/AP =/= energy exerted via LS. Thanos did the latter so Strange’s ropes don’t scale to Thanos’ AP.
And yet he still praised him,
Not for his AP.
something that he wouldn't do if it was "trash" as you say.
……. did you even read what I said? Strange’s AP is trash to Thanos by feats and his actual combat ability that was actually impressive was with hax.
I understand your point, I simply don't agree, so there is no use in continuing this argument.
I really don’t think you do or you wouldn’t be taking the stance that you are. Either that or you are electing to ignore it in favor of an upgrade.

So far we agree on loki scaling below mk 6 and anyone who scales and mk 6 massivelly upscaling above sokvia calc (since is supposed to be lower as it wass brought in other thread)
High 7a character being at most 6-C
7a pre Ragnarok Thor upgrade
Strange is being disccused
Is that right?
Saying it for how it goes rn

Okay so basically the scan currently being used to justify all Masters of the Mystic Arts' tiering is a single statement from Feige that doesn't even directly state that they didn't view Ultron as a threat. The wording in his statement sounds to me that they were busier with other things.
Hey at least it apparentky recently a new Justification
Wong shields tanking attack taht easily pierced leviathans

Speaking of the High 7-A to At most 6-C, I really don’t think any of these guys should be scaling to the IG number since 2 of those 5 gigaton blasts crippled Thanos’ arm and just 1 crippled Hulk’s arm despite his resistance to and absorption of said energy. There is literally only Stormbreaker which deals comparable damage to Thanos with a single throw whereas everything is downscaling a lot from Thanos already who doesn’t really scale to the blast.

Speaking of the High 7-A to At most 6-C, I really don’t think any of these guys should be scaling to the IG number since 2 of those 5 gigaton blasts crippled Thanos’ arm and just 1 crippled Hulk’s arm despite his resistance to and absorption of said energy. There is literally only Stormbreaker which deals comparable damage to Thanos with a single throw whereas everything is downscaling a lot from Thanos already who doesn’t really scale to the blast.
The first snap just give a little burn for some secs to thanos
The second one heavily damaged him
Also prof hulk is kinda featless

Only one of them is shown as 5+ gigatons and the number didn't even finish rising

We already discussed this before, the 5.2 gigaton value only for the first snap and the number never stopped rising for this, this was specifically for the first snap, which, I might have to remind you, didn't actually do that much damage to Thanos's left arm aside from superficial scars and burn marks that really weren't anything severe enough to cause him discomfort, Thanos already having been mortally wounded by Stormbreaker beforehand.

It was the second snap that actually almost put him into the ground and took out half of his body (Since it's basically taking out the stones themselves, which, I shouldn't have to say, is more OP than 6-C if the Power Stone has anything to say for itself), and that one never had a value.

The first didn't harm Thanos taht much other than giving burns. Only the first is listed as at least 5.2 gigatons, and the number was still rising when Rocket switched the screen. The second snap never had a value

The first snap just give a little burn for some secs to thanos
Uh …. You might wanna rewatch the scene. The first snap melted the IF and burned Thanos arm all the way up until his neck and head. That ain’t just a little burn. That kind of shit puts people in the ER.
The second one heavily damaged him
Also prof hulk is kinda featless
….. is Prof Hulk not one of the guys who is High 7-A rn? He also scale to Ragnarok Hulk since Banner says that it’s his mind in Hulk’s body.

On people not scaling to see the snap energy. Tony and Bruce said that everyone else would die if they tried so said 5 gigatons would kill everyone that is going to be made At most 6-C and the one guy who did survive it, resisted said energy and still got crippled. This matches the rest of the internal scaling like how Thanos ripped apart Mark 50 once he felt like trying, Tony needing a whole combo to scratch Thanos, Ragnarok Thor seeing Thanos as having incomparable strength etc etc.

Uh …. You might wanna rewatch the scene. The first snap melted the IF and burned Thanos arm all the way up until his neck and head. That ain’t just a little burn. That kind of shit puts people in the ER.
That was not the first snap.

His lower neck has small burns on it. His head is completely fine. He was also visibly unphased after doing the snap.

Those burns were nowhere near as bad as the Second Snap (Sorry typo), also, once again, Thanos is well beyond any ordinary people, he took that Snap without issue and then casually moved his left arm to teleport outta there to heal his Stormbreaker injury. His head was completely fine too, as Crimson Shadow just pointed out.
….. is Prof Hulk not one of the guys who is High 7-A rn? He also scale to Ragnarok Hulk since Banner says that it’s his mind in Hulk’s body.

On people not scaling to see the snap energy. Tony and Bruce said that everyone else would die if they tried so said 5 gigatons would kill everyone that is going to be made At most 6-C and the one guy who did survive it, resisted said energy and still got crippled. This matches the rest of the internal scaling like how Thanos ripped apart Mark 50 once he felt like trying, Tony needing a whole combo to scratch Thanos, Ragnarok Thor seeing Thanos as having incomparable strength etc etc.
Here's the thing, the Snap is mainly lethal not due to that energy yield, but due to the gamma radiation it emits.

Yeah looked it isn't burn bad enough for thanos to not use his arm but is still bad
I even forget we scale prof hulk to Ragnarok one for some reason

The first didn't harm Thanos taht much other than giving burns. Only the first is listed as at least 5.2 gigatons, and the number was still rising when Rocket switched the screen. The second snap never had a value
And Rocket said that the first was a blast of ridiculously cosmic proportions that no one had ever seen the likes of …. until two days before that meeting. That means the size and scope of the second blast is comparable to the first. It not having a defined value doesn’t mean anything when the exposition panda up and tells us the two were comparable.
That was not the first snap.

His lower neck has small burns on it. His head is completely fine. He was also visibly unphased after doing the snap.

Ah yes. The big pink guy looking at his smoking arm and gauntlet, grimacing in pain all the while, was completely in phased by the snap.
Those burns were nowhere near as bad as the Second Snap (Sorry typo), also, once again, Thanos is well beyond any ordinary people, he took that Snap without issue and then casually moved his left arm to teleport outta there to heal his Stormbreaker injury. His head was completely fine too, as Crimson Shadow just pointed out.
So are Hulk and Thor? And the latter was going to die to said energy
Here's the thing, the Snap is mainly lethal not due to that energy yield, but due to the gamma radiation it emits.
And Thor stood in front of a star whose radiation was being directed like an energy weapon to melt uru. Radiation really isn’t the issue.

Also, if people want to say that the energy of the blast is deadly because of the gamma rays (which Hulk says is most of the energy), why is anyone scaling to the number at all? The actual blast would they would be tanking would be 2.6 gigatons.

And Rocket said that the first was a blast of ridiculously cosmic proportions that no one had ever seen the likes of …. until two days before that meeting. That means the size and scope of the second blast is comparable to the first. It not having a defined value doesn’t mean anything when the exposition panda up and tells us the two were comparable.
Kinda not true when we know what the Stones can do with their true power and just what it would take to wipe them out.

Ah yes. The big pink guy looking at his smoking arm and gauntlet, grimacing in pain all the while, was completely in phased by the snap.
You do realize it's from the axe, right? Not from the Snap.

So are Hulk and Thor? And the latter was going to die to said energy
Once again, gamma radiation. Also, Thanos is stronger than both of them.

And Thor stood in front of a star whose radiation was being directed like an energy weapon to melt uru. Radiation really isn’t the issue.
The Neutron Star feat got nerfed to Low 7-B.

Also, if people want to say that the energy of the blast is deadly because of the gamma rays (which Hulk says is most of the energy), why is anyone scaling to the number at all? The actual blast would they would be tanking would be 2.6 gigatons.
Because Thanos is taking that blast directly into his body, gamma energy included.

Actually, I don't remember Hulk saying that the energy is mostly gamma, he explicitly says "The radiation is mostly gamma". No mention of the word "energy".

Last edited:
I would like to point out despite the fact stark died (which is likely cuz the radiation went to his human head) his suit arm wasn't completly destroyed despite the fact Thor accident ko him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back