• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thanks to these, MCU Odin should be 4-B via Environmental Destruction:

Attack Potency Scaling​

Note that this only applies to the character's capacity to harm other characters if their Creation is connected to their other abilities; for example, it can be reasoned that a mage who can conjure a city with little mana can destroy one with the same amount of mana, however a character who can create objects without other ways of harming their opponents wouldn't be able to harness that power to hurt another character, and would fall under a light form of Environmental Destruction.

Odin is able to create multiple stars, which is not applicable to his regular AP and doesn't scale to anyone, therefore it's creation via ED.
Before
After
MCU Thor Ragnarok prelude comic
Calc (1,2)
The video

Proposed rating
Attack Potency: At least Island level, likely higher (Fought and defeated Surtur in his prime, taking the Eternal Flame from him and banishing him to Muspelheim. He was stated to be the most powerful being in all of the Nine Realms), able to ignore durability in some ways. Solar System level via Environmental Destruction (Created multiple stars during Frigga's funeral)

Last edited:
I still dislike the words "Environmental Destruction" when regarding creation feats but oh well. I guess it's fine so long as the calc is legitimate and doesn't scale to his normal statistics or anyone else.

I do have a question though, were is it stated Odin did it? My memory on the MCU isn't to good.

The prelude comic from Infinity Wars shows Thanos using the Power Stone to overpower Hulk when that didn't happen in the film and the creators said that that didn't happen. Just saying.

The prelude comic from Infinity Wars shows Thanos using the Power Stone to overpower Hulk when that didn't happen in the film and the creators said that that didn't happen. Just saying.
I mean that may be true and all but it doesn't change the fact that the feat happened in the movie and the exact same thing occurs in the Ragnarok comic.

"[X Tier] Creation" is a thing, just replace Environmental Destruction with Creation.

That doesn't look like stars being made at all.
You can very clearly see stars being made. There was nothing there previously. Once Figga's particles all disappeared and we cut back from Heimdall, it's very clearly shown multiple stars being formed.

Or there can be those lights being elevated, becoming bigger and messing up how they all see space in an illusion-like way. Or they are real but not as big as stars and not as far away for everyone to see them as stars, the fancy lights in space being commemorative.

I tried searching through the marvel database full profiles for the characters in the MCU regarding this scene and even elsewhere I can't find a concrete answer. It really just seems to be the case that Odin just tapped down and thus turned Frigga into stars

At least that seems to be the simplest solution from all that we're given

If there's nothing more than an assumption from the given scene that stars are being made here. Then I gotta disagree with this, it just looks like some lights flying into the sky, there were definitely stars already in that nebula as the camera moved up too.

Back