• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

3125 gets Half a Dimension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Previously, for 3125 's dimensionality, I used a statement from Marion Wheeler that claimed it was 5D, which was pretty solid coming from her, however the official SCP Page for it lists it as a Theta Prime dimensional entity, which, going by SCP-033's page, is a single digit number not accounted for within traditional mathematics. It's more reliable as it came from people who were compiling information on the nature of 3125, and wasn't said by someone literally going insanse off of memory drugs.

However, it has come to my attention that the exact number SCP-033 is was revealed in the Antimemetics canon, which 3125 is part of.

The "sum" of the symbols is equal to a previously unknown integer (designated Theta Prime by Prof. Hutchinson) of intermediate value between 5 and 6.

So, um, what Tier would this result in? It's not five or six, it's between the two numbers. Would that be High 2-A? 1-C? I really don't know. I personally think it should be 6, as if the number was unaccounted for in mathematics, it would, as a single-digit number, have the same place as the number six in terms of counting.

It feels to me like it should be infinitely above High 2-A yet infinitely below Low 1-C; all 6-dimensional beings would be one dimension above it, and all 5-dimensional beings would be one dimension below it.

Theta prime is not exactly a perfect replacement for 6, as its mere introduction to a system causes it to start breaking down. And a core reason for describing it as such is that it is lower than 6-dimensional constructs but higher than 5-dimensional constructs, yet still with an integer number of dimensions.

But I won't push too hard, even though I think it should be between High 2-A and Low 1-C, putting it at Low 1-C is completely reasonable.

@DMB That's what the profile currently has, but it probably needs clarification that theta-prime is specifically a single digit number between 5 and 6.

Agnaa said:
@DMB That's what the profile currently has, but it probably needs clarification that theta-prime is specifically a single digit number between 5 and 6.
Yeah, either leave the "at least High 2-A, possibly higher" stat, or just put "Unknow", because it's basically unquantifiable. Or at least we should put as justification that says this or in the Notes section of his profile.

DMB 1 said:
Agnaa said:
Yeah, either leave the "at least High 2-A, possibly higher" stat, or just put "Unknow", because it's basically unquantifiable. Or at least we should put as justification that says this or in the Notes section of his profile.
I like the Unknow with clarification in the notes that it would be unquantifiably higher than High 2-A, but unquantifiably lower than Low 1-C. Namely because having it at High 2-A or Low 1-C is basically a copout; it is explicitly stated to be neither 5 nor 6 dimensions, but an anomalous number that should have been located between the two.

3125's profile was unlocked for me to edit a mistake out of it, and for some reason wasn't locked again even after I requested it. It should be locked.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
How does being 5 1/2 dimensions even work?
It doesn't say it has 5 and one half dimensions.

It says it has an "intermediate value between 5 and 6" dimensions.

We don't know the exact number, just that it would be between 5 and 6.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Again that makes no sense. Would you have 11 different directions to move in, but one with no opposite?
There would be no way of knowing, as SCP-033 causes mathematical systems to break down when introduced, which would include most dimensional theories.

Also, why does he have type 8 immortality and mid-godly regen reliant on his own idea... If heìs a living idea?

DMB 1 said:
Also, why does he have type 8 immortality and mid-godly regen reliant on his own idea... If heìs a living idea?
If 3125 is a living idea, naturally to kill it you would need to remove the ability to conceptualize it. It would be reliant on the idea of itself to "live", in the conventional sense.

It also embodies numerous seperate memes and antimemes, all of which are anomalous ideas.

Well, that's kind of like giving any soul low-godly regen. Though I don't understand if he's a being that he embodies said idea and that cannot die as long as it exists, o he's just an idea by itself.

DMB 1 said:
Well, that's kind of like giving any soul low-godly regen. Though I don't understand if he's a being that he embodies said idea and that cannot die as long as it exists, o he's just an idea by itself.
Not really? Memes in the Foundation verse are self-perpetuating by nature. They can be duplicated indefinitely and cannot be "killed" in the conventional sense unless they are removed conceptually.

3125 is made of an extremely large number of memes and antimemes, which are basically self-censoring memes.

(EDIT): Killing 3125 would be less like removing one's soul; it would be like trying to kill the Phrase "Pink Buttons", or the conceptualization of the color green.

Also, http://www.scp-wiki.net/understanding-memetics http://www.scp-wiki.net/mackenzie-glossary

Speaking of, would being a living idea make 3125 an abstract being or no?

Kepekley23 said:
5 dimensions should be equal to "5.5" dimensions in this case.

So High 2-A.
The problem is it's not actually 5.5 dimensions. Theta-prime isn't 5.5. Theta prime is an integer between 5 and 6 that isn't accounted for within conventional mathematics. It's as if all of mathematics, even the universe itself, missed a number which is provably there.

Actually, what Agnaa said.

"As all modern mathematical calculations are performed lacking the knowledge or use of SCP-033, its introduction into any system organized without it begins eroding the numerical and eventually structural integrity of said system. "

"Every school child knows that 2 plus 2 is 4. The solid mathematical certainty of numerical order and value is the basis for all logic-based systems. We know that after 2 comes 3 and after 3 comes 4. What this formula proves is that we missed a number somewhere. Imagine if all our technology was based on the belief that after 4 came 6. We simply didn't know or conceive of 5. That is, in essence, what this formula proves—we missed a number."

"I don't think it "destroys" anything. I think it tries integrating itself into our system and our system can't hold it. It's like trying to cram another book into a full bookshelf."

Think of it like this

A 2.5D game mostly lets you move in 2 dimensions, but there is a 3D axis you can move along at certain points to get to the background.

This creature must be able to move through the 6th dimension, but only at certain points.

(This was sort of a joke, don't take it too seriously)

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is ludicrous. It doesn't even fit our system.
Would putting it at Unknown and specifying it's dimensionality in a note suffice?

There also might exist an argument for 1-A, if "all modern mathematical calculations are performed lacking the knowledge or use of SCP-033", that would include dimensional theory, meaning that it wouldn't necessarily apply to 3125, which introduces dimensionality to the number.

It's definitely not 1-A, especially when is explicitly stated to be bound by dimensionality of some form. Theta prime dimensions may be a weird number that breaks the tiering system, but it's a number of dimensions regardless.

It being 1-A would also be a huge outlier because that would make him above the rest of the entire SCP verse, including the God Tiers.

Also true.

That still begs the question: How would we tier 3125?

I suggest we rate him as "Unknow" with a justification and a more detailed explanation in the "Notes" section. His tier is pretty much unquantifiable, so it seems to be the best option for me.

DMB 1 said:
I suggest we rate him as "Unknow" with a justification and a more detailed explanation in the "Notes" section. His tier is pretty much unquantifiable, so it seems to be the best option for me.
Sounds good to me, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back