• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Marion Wheeler, WILD LIGHT, and 3125 revisions

Given the High 1-A revisions to SCP, this seems like a good opportunity to give Marion Wheeler her WILD LIGHT key, which would be 1-A, likely/possibly Higher (She defeats 3125, but I will say why "likely higher" further down). I was originally gonna have ovens put this in the other CRT but i figured I would quickly make this one here. Here are the abilities and quotes to go with when necessary.

Abstract Existence Type 1 (is a living counter meme and meme complex created from a conceptual equivalent, on a much greater scale and complexity than human thought, to Protection and the purest intentions of The Foundation as an idea. In some way is also the concept of containment).

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1) because obviously

Mind Manipulation (Destroyed SCP-3125's ability to reason and communicate. Also, is capable of conceptually attacking and wiping out meme complexes completely.) "The part of SCP-3125 which was capable of communication has had its brains blown out. There is no longer anything to reason with. There is no quip. There is a song, but it's a song she sings for herself."

[Conceptual] Higher Dimensional Manipulation (Capable of attacking and refuting beings of higher-dimensional topology).

Mathematics Manipulation and Existence Erasure (Capable of using dynamic Equations to refute and deny a target's existence. The fight between WILD LIGHT and 3125 was described as being akin to a blizzard of canceling terms/variables. Reduced SCP-3125 until not even its most basic particles remained, 'winking' it out of existence). "When they meet, what happens is less a fight than it is mathematics, an equation settling at the end of a long, painful stretch of working, a blizzard of cancelled terms. In the presence of WILD LIGHT, vast tracts of SCP-3125, thought to meaningfully exist, prove not to. It is, in the new context which WILD LIGHT provides, an ancient irrelevance. It folds up, limb after branching limb winking out of existence. It releases its grip on everything human. The mathematics is good."

Also, all the noospheric entities need large size given that they dwarf human consciousness in size and the whole alephs thing. Probably size 11

All of the above can be found in this article: https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/tombstone

Now for the "likely/possibly Higher." This quote comes from the tale The Wild Light, of the same name as the entity.

"Your team suggested that just because SCP-3125 is the most powerful memeplectic threat ever observed doesn't mean it's the top of the hierarchy," O5-8 says. "You suggested that it would be possible to synthesise an idea an order of magnitude still more powerful than SCP-3125, specifically designed to neutralize SCP-3125, and under our control. A countermeme." While this is vague on its own, this is actually almost exactly how they describe the other anti idea entities and even use the word "hierarchy." the fight between 3125 and WILD LIGHT was enough of a stomp that its more a question of whether or not WILD LIGHT is another level on the hierarchy or just unfathomably above 3125 in its own "level" on the hierarchy. It is also not at all absurd that WILD LIGHT would be able to reach such a level, because prior to annihilating 3125 it is described as "ascending" higher and higher into the infosphere virtually instantaneously with the world of human thought shrinking from her perspective

WILD LIGHT should also be added to the Foundation page under equipment or maybe even personnel.

While I am at it, 3125 has 2 abilities missing.

Biological Manipulation, since a high enough does of it rewrites your biology. "Compromised when?" O5-8 asks. "By whom? I was given to understand that SCP-3125 rendered its victims wholly bodily subordinate to it, biologically incapable of doing anything but propagate its core concepts. But Li was still high-functioning."

Invulnerability. Most of SCP-3125's hull is made up of the idea and "lie" that it is completely indestructable. "She looks "up", at the unimaginably gigantic memeplex which she has to kill. Inside its maw, human existence, all humans and all things humans have ever done, said, thought or been, are burning alive. SCP-3125 is, in large part, the lie that SCP-3125 is inevitable, and indestructible." Keep in mind this "lie" that makes up much of its mass requires the equations from WILD LIGHT above to refute and therefore nullify. Its an odd example but i think it counts as an unique form of conceptual invulnerability. Sorry for not going into more detail but I'm trying to make this one fast

Last edited:
Back