• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

30 Million Soul Mind Hax Resistance and its Potency?

Pretty sure reading off events =/= what abilities they put. However, like I said, I'll watch the episodes later. I vaguely remember it being season 6, am I wrong?

And again, these monsters have not been shown capable of mind haxing as mere souls, especially when the byproduct is the only thing stated to be making him insane, not the souls mind actively mind haxing him.

Ye, maybe that would help.

Well there's the fact that Lucifer was mind haxing Sam when they were together to try to make him insane, and Lucifer was just a conscious in him. Considering that the Leviathans are able to be a threat to the archangels, and have as good, if not superior powers, they would scale.

Wasn't he tormenting Sam in his mind, not insanity-inducing him? There is a difference here (As in, the only mind manip being done is him entering Sam's mind if the latter is true.)

I'm pretty sure he was insanity-inducing him, cause Lucifer is technically not in Sam's mind at that time. He was in wherever Sam and Lucy (Lucifer's nickname) were thrown in at the end of season 5.

Oh, that place (Thought you were referring to before they got stuck down in the Cage). That's not mind manip, that's just torture.

Not sure about the moment being discussed but there was a time when Lucifer (while in the Cage) was able to send Sam visions to try and get Sam to say yes to possessing him to fight The Darkness

@Glass he was tho, he even had equipment like chains. Maybe we're discussing different moments?

@Nico Well, yeah that's telepathy.

Actually, wait, going by the scaling Seraph Castiel > Leviathan > Archangel > Seraph Castiel. We sure that Castiel resisting isn't just an outlier altogether?

I don't think that resisting something that seems to be through will power should apply to everyone through scaling just Castiel

Yeah that's something completely different. Lucy didn't have any equipment, he was just mindfucking Sam, like making him see people smash their heads on the table, and him seeing fire, or him listening to music over and over again for the billionth time.

One of the angels or hunters iirc stated that god created the leviathens, but realized that they were far too deadly for the world to see, so he needed help with the archangels to seal them away.

He said they were too deadly for the "petri dish" (I know what quote you're talking about).

Said petri dish was just monsters and humans.

Who's older Leviathans or Archangels? Leviathans power null Angels through mere presence due to their age.

No the Leviathans are probably not more powerful than Archangels since he Archangels were made by something primordial (which is what Chuck said)

@SomebodyData This keeps circling back to only you disagreeing. I can show you where others have agreed that Castiel should be able to resist her mind hax yet as far as I've seen there hasn't been anyone else to agree with you. Or would it be best to have another staff member have some input?

is there any point for this thread to be opened?? The results have already been submitted to the profile.

I'll remove the match from Castiel's profile then, thanks for pointing it out.@Glassman

@Nico yes, this does keep back to only me disagreeing, because there is only like 3 people who have even voiced their opinion here.

Additionally, "Possessing someone else is in a way a mind hax. It's been proven that it was." was not ever proven in this thread. Lying to a staff member on its own is banworthy. Furthermore, asking a staff member not to comment because it would be "biased" (???) is also rather shady. I gave you leeway here but you should stop.

What even is the argument anymore? I already even debunked the last part of reasoning promoting anything higher than baseline mind manip resist (Which on its own is already suspect, given there was never a timeframe given in the show) and your comment to that had nothing to do with it.

All I'm saying is there should be someone else that agrees with you before you take action when there are others that disagree with your action. I'm completely fine with the match not being added if someone else agrees with your point (me asking for Kaltias' opinion on the matter).

The whole thing with me asking you to not comment was only for others to have an opinion of their own seeing the plain picture. I said you could still contribute of course and all in all I asked politely and you accepted. You could've not accepted that and everything could have gone as is.

I never lied. If I have said something incorrect then sorry but no I have not lied ever. What I meant was that the possession here of the souls has the byproduct of corrupting Castiel's mind which we've all agreed on.

The argument is that having 30 Million monster souls plus millions of other Leviathan souls within you and how they are corrupting his mind equals to a mind resistance higher to that of a mind hax that affects a fortress of people. The timeframe is about a day or more. Considering that between Castiel getting the souls and losing them Sam and Dean are able to conjure a spell to bind Death (Bobby orders Fulgorite and has it shipped), Castiel kills hundreds of religious leaders (and some of the KKK or something like that), all while a montage is happening. So I say lowballing a single day which we could use but it could be longer.

I may not have explained well but there are more than three that have voiced an opinion. Just only 3 on this particular thread.....yeah sorry about that.

You guys took action. I reversed that action. There is a difference.

That is quite different from possessing being considered a way of mind manip as you wrote.

I mean the timeframe to compare to. "How long does the mind manip usually take outside of Castiel?"

Ye, and the others were on a thread that didn't go as in depth.

How about we just have a rematch and people vote based on what the profile says? That way people can argue about the mind hax resistance on their own. Sounds reasonable? I'm trying to go about this without any drama.....

That's not how it works, if one could just use their own interpretation we wouldn't have profiles.

Why would we have drama?...

Accusing me of lying with the threat of banning seems like drama to me.

Anyway it was meant as more of a "this way more people can discuss the mind hax other than 3 people going in circles and not going anywhere with it"

"I gave you leeway here but you should stop."

I mean sure? Though a vs thread isn't where it is supposed to be done.

Can you guys give me a quick rundown on the arguments, i can help here.

ByAsura said:
Can you guys give me a quick rundown on the arguments, i can help here.
Castiel at one point had absorbed 30 Million monster Souls + the souls of millions of Leviathans (which powernull Angels like Castiel with their presence). The fact that there were souls absorbed in him began to corrupt his mind however he was able to resist said mental corruption for about a day (now he DID become a little trigger happy but he still kept being himself, he even at the end relinquished the souls).

Now Mami Tomoe is a character who can mind hax a fortress of people (size of said fortress has not been stated yet, I'm sure there's an answer though).

Can Castiel's mind resistance resist Mami Tomoe's mind hax?

That's all there is to it. I say yes but SomebodyData says no.

I say it depends, they were souls influencing his mind. It's not like they could mind hax him, especially since he's an angel who is leagues above them without even the empowerment. Hell, even Demons (who are vastly vastly leagues beyond leagues above normal monsters) note him as "Cosmic".

It was mostly the Leviathans mind haxing him and causing his vessel to become unstable, Death even says "You think you're under the weight of those souls, yes?". "But that's not the only problem. The Leviathans".

Also little edit, it's 30 - 40 million souls.

Well Death's comment right there does mean that the Leviathans are indeed a problem that Castiel is resisting (along with the other souls) mentally so there's that.

Has there been a case of mind hax resistance like this before? I think this should be something discussed for future matches since it's not so clear cut

Back