• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

30 Million Soul Mind Hax Resistance and its Potency?

In Supernatural Castiel at one point absorbed 30 Million monster souls from Purgatory (a very large amount of them being Leviathans who are older and more powerful than Angels, they automatically Power Nullify Angels). Castiel was changed mentally but kept his individuallity (was still corrupted) he resisted it for about a full day.

I wanted to know with cases such as these whether this was a good mind Hax Resistance and what would be needed to overcome it.

This all started with the Mami vs Castiel thread, whether her Mind Hax can overcome his resistance. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1444388?useskin=oasis

Some more was discussed here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1451067?useskin=oasis

Possessing someone else is in a way a mind hax. It's been proven that it was.

There are different monsters that can mind hax just not all of them. So it's a little unclear but considering there's 30 million of them then a couple million could be capable of it

That's not even factoring in the Leviathans that power nul Angels by their presence alone

a significant percentage. Considering every single leviathen was able to control a person throughout the world.

Then it would probably be enough (can't be sure but it's more likely than the opposite)

Holy crap I forgot that the Djinn in Supernatural are monsters that he would have had in him. Djinn Mind Hax people and put them into these sort of like dreams while they are unconscious.

Wraiths do so through insanity inducement.

A ton of them are naturally able to posses.

Sirens can make others become infatuated with them.

Fairies like Wayne Whittaker Jr. (well not mind manipulation but that's still impressive).

Qareen Are able to read people's minds.

There are more but I'd have to do more searching

Of course we'd have to account for other monsters that are distant cousins of these monsters (that's a thing)

I feel that all of these would give non-fans a headache to read through in terms of scaling. OvO

I'd like to specify Djin make people unconscious through mind manipulation not that the person needs to be unconscious

It should also be mentioned they've only shown mind manip in physical form, not as a soul. So it sounds like a stretch that would retain their abilities as souls.

It's the same being, they can still use their powers even without their physical power, like how angels were able to use their smite despite not having any physical bodies.

Regardless of that 30 Million souls corrupting your mind at the same time should be greater that mind haxing a fortress. How big was it anyway? A fortress would hold only a couple hundred thousand at most

Really? I know angels can due to the nature of their relationship to Heaven, but I don't believe that monster souls have ever shown their abilities outside of the physical form taken in Purgatory?

well normal monsters would most likely be in that category, but Leviathens are a special breed since they're older than angels.

well some monsters in the series only have a physical form while others don't, like ghosts for example

Ghosts don't count as monsters in the series, they still go to Heaven and Hell. But I don't mean conventional physical forms, I mean between them as souls and how they normally are.

I mean if we look at Djinn there powers are like energy, a blue like fire comes out of their hands when they use their powers. Considering souls are pure energy I think they'd retain those powers since it's innate to them

well Demons, angels, and leviathens are the only non-monster type beings in Supernatural I can think of that can have both a non-corporeal, and physical body

That's... nothing comparable. Souls and intangible / gaseous / energy forms are different in this context.

From what is being provided, it seems it is mostly guesswork that they have mind hax even after being reduced to their souls, and that is ignoring that it is explicitly stated to come as due to containing the souls, not because the souls are actively mind haxxing him.

Looking at other sites, it seems you guys forgot to mention that the Leviathans were explicitly shown to try manifesting physically instead of mind maniping him?

Not that it matters, Leviathans don't have souls, so they wouldn't count as part of the mind maniping in that scenario.

@Nico k good night

Actually yeah it makes sense that they don't have souls since they predate Angles which predate souls. However that just means that since Castiel absorbed them as well that he absorbed 30 Million Souls + every single Leviathan that had been created in existence.

That's a ton more beings that Castiel had to deal with in his head. If anything that just strengthens the argument

No, if anything it worsens it.

A- The souls were the things that were driving him insane, that was explicitly stated, they never said the Leviathans did. (Especially not considering they were trying to break out of him, not mentally attack him)

B- There hasn't been a monster that as a soul has mind hax, as I stated before, as a soul. Not some intangible, abstract, or non-corporeal state of being, but as a soul, there is a difference here.

The Leviathans specifically took over him of course they were driving him insane.

The point is that being able to to resist 30 Million souls plus a couple million Leviathans all inside you clearly corrupting and mentally harassing you is a good enough mind hax reistance against only a fortress worth of Mind Hax which is only a couple hundred thousand people.

According to the wiki, it was because the Leviathans were possessing him not making him insane after the souls left. If I were to go watch those episodes (Which I'm pretty sure I have to now), what will I find?

And my point is that being mind maniped by 30 million + a couple million or so leviathans =/= going insane due to keeping it in your vessel.

The wiki also puts the Archangels as Nigh-omniscient but we don't follow that.

Corrupting his mind is a byproduct which can be seen as I showed you before how Castiel maintained his individuality and was not outright possessed (yet). The mind hax comes frome being put in the situation while some monster are capable of mind haxing. Perhaps not innately but when 30 Million plus a million other Leviathans are all in your head it does make a difference regardless.

I doubt either of us is going to convince the other but there have been others that agree with me. Can we have another opinion on the matter too?

Back