• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zero (Megaman Zero) vs Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yeah.

But they were made by the same team and Gunvol is a pseudo Sequel to Megaman Zero.

also, Gunvolt is getting a sub-relativistic upgrade.

Pre-Lumine Zero still gets scaled to planet sized Sigma punching him at relativistic speeds which got 11 ninatons of TNT equivalent (for comparison, a brown dwarf star has at least 50 ninatons of TNT equivalent as the GBE) and Mega Man X shooting a buster shot to Jupiter in 4 seconds which is around 400 times the speed of light.

I still have to play Azure Striker Gunvolt but I seriously doubt they have feats on the level of even Mega Man Legends characters

I love the Mega Man franchise. I loved Azure Striker Gunvolt.

Zero wins this decisively. In physicals (durability, speed, reflexes, strength), he outclasses Gunvolt. There is no larger discrepancy between the two than stamina. Zero is capable of mantaining terrifying combat power indefinitely, whereas Gunvolt (unassisted by Lumen) is severly limited and quickly burns through septimal energy, even with technological upgrades. If he overheats, it leaves him completely open (no prevasion, Flash Field defense or attack, no double jumps or air dashing). Zero suffers none of these drawbacks.

For Gunvolt to do any significant damage to Zero with his Flash Field, he must first "tag" Zero with one of his projectile weapons, which will be incredibly difficult due to Zero's agility and his ability to cut or reflect projectiles (not to mention Zero's Shadow Dash which allows him to phase through enemies and attacks). If Gunvolt were somehow able to tag Zero, and he activates the Flash Field to attack, he'd leave himself open to Zero's deadly saber combo counterattacks, since Gunvolt's prevasion ability cannot function with the Flash Field active. The Flash Field will also not be useful as a defense as it cannot stop energy projectiles or attacks, which happen to be the majority attacks favored by Zero.

There is the possibility that Gunvolt might open up with Luxcaliber or Voltaic Chains, but Zero could tank these. After all, he's taken multiple lightning bolts from Harpuia as well as Panther Flauclaws's 100,000,000 volt shock and kept going. Or Zero might just Shadow Dash through Gunvolt's big attacks.

As things stood in ASG, without the power of Lumen, I don't see Gunvolt lasting very long against Zero. And if Lumen buffs Gunvolt with her Anthem ability, it remains to be seen if they could overcome Awakened Zero, since again, he drastically overpowers them with that rapid fire, instant kill, Genmurei Zero as well as his complete invulnerability.

@Acrosurge

Uhh... dude... the last reply to this thread was posted in December. I think your reply is meaningnless, especially when it's an absolute stomp in speed, AP and hax.

I noticed that, but the information presented was not complete. Fandom should still be founded on official facts from the games as well as well organized ideas, no?

I fail to see the point when this debate was completely abandoned and you're resurrecting it for no reason.

You, of course, may see as you wish! I have added an argument for whoever may search Zero vs Gunvolt wondering about the precise details of how they match up.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back