• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zenless Zone Zero Discussion Thread

How good is the game gameplay wise? I've played plenty of Gacha games and a lot of times I abandon them because their gameplay is bad.

I've heard you can dodge attacks and stuff. It seems interesting. Is it like Wuthering waves? I tried that one because I liked that you can dodge, the gameplay seemed more fleshed out.

I mean, I've played plenty of Gacha games before, Touhou Lost Word, Blue Archive, Honkai impact, Pixel gun 3d, Action Taimanin, Evertale, Snowbreak, etc because the characters or aesthetics are attractive but I always end up dropping them (Except pg3d) because their gameplay is ass (Or I find a more entertaining game) like, ZZZ has nice character designs, aesthetics and attractive characters but I haven't seen the gameplay

How does ZZZ compare to other gacha and other games gameplay wise?

Is the story and characters any good?

How good is the game gameplay wise? I've played plenty of Gacha games and a lot of times I abandon them because their gameplay is bad.

I've heard you can dodge attacks and stuff. It seems interesting. Is it like Wuthering waves? I tried that one because I liked that you can dodge, the gameplay seemed more fleshed out.

I mean, I've played plenty of Gacha games before, Touhou Lost Word, Blue Archive, Honkai impact, Pixel gun 3d, Action Taimanin, Evertale, Snowbreak, etc because the characters or aesthetics are attractive but I always end up dropping them (Except pg3d) because their gameplay is ass (Or I find a more entertaining game) like, ZZZ has nice character designs, aesthetics and attractive characters but I haven't seen the gameplay

How does ZZZ compare to other gacha and other games gameplay wise?

Is the story and characters any good?
Gameplay wise it's alright. The controls are basic and easy to understand. The combat itself may feel and look repetitive, but there's plenty enough fluidness to fighting that it won't be boring right off the game but that can just be me on that one.

I will say that the Ai can be better as they don't exactly seem to attack you right away unless you attack or you stand there after like a few seconds. Not sure what Hoyo could fix on that but if it were just polished up some more, it'd be even better.

You can dodge and even parry in the game. The latter uses the same function as switching your characters, but there's like I think a limited set of times you can parry as it has a gauge though I forgot if it recharges overtime. It probably does but I didn't pay attention to that part. There is in-game control instructions about this and that so I'll have to look into that.

In terms of how gameplay is, it plays similarly to Honkai Impact and Punishing Gray Raven (another Gacha I'm playing) in that you can fight and dodge but parrying is something unique ish to ZZZ in comparison to others I've seen and just like those two other games, you go in and play with a team of 3 characters each with their own unique functions and abilities they bring to the field. Elements are a thing, as is the kind of role characters could play like being an attacker, defense, support, that sort of thing but I didn't read onto what what does well there exactly. You'll want to look on Youtube to get an idea of how that looks for all of the gameplay.

Characters are pretty alright afaik, and the story is pretty straightforward but I've only gotten into Chapter 1 so not really far in for me. It's at least easier to understand, and it helps that it has an animated style of storytelling that's done in between visual novel 3D animation talking to 2D comic panel style showing.

Others here might have a different perspective of the game, though it did JUST came out yesterday (or the day before that depending on their timezones for it are) so it could change up overtime which it will.

Just a day released, and already we got ourselves the first lore trailer for ZZZ.

Going by this, this seems to be the Fables about the Stars trailer for ZZZ.

Screenshot-20240706-130550.jpg

Screenshot-20240706-130556.jpg

Gameplay wise it's alright. The controls are basic and easy to understand. The combat itself may feel and look repetitive, but there's plenty enough fluidness to fighting that it won't be boring right off the game but that can just be me on that one.

I will say that the Ai can be better as they don't exactly seem to attack you right away unless you attack or you stand there after like a few seconds. Not sure what Hoyo could fix on that but if it were just polished up some more, it'd be even better.

You can dodge and even parry in the game. The latter uses the same function as switching your characters, but there's like I think a limited set of times you can parry as it has a gauge though I forgot if it recharges overtime. It probably does but I didn't pay attention to that part. There is in-game control instructions about this and that so I'll have to look into that.

In terms of how gameplay is, it plays similarly to Honkai Impact and Punishing Gray Raven (another Gacha I'm playing) in that you can fight and dodge but parrying is something unique ish to ZZZ in comparison to others I've seen and just like those two other games, you go in and play with a team of 3 characters each with their own unique functions and abilities they bring to the field. Elements are a thing, as is the kind of role characters could play like being an attacker, defense, support, that sort of thing but I didn't read onto what what does well there exactly. You'll want to look on Youtube to get an idea of how that looks for all of the gameplay.

Characters are pretty alright afaik, and the story is pretty straightforward but I've only gotten into Chapter 1 so not really far in for me. It's at least easier to understand, and it helps that it has an animated style of storytelling that's done in between visual novel 3D animation talking to 2D comic panel style showing.

Others here might have a different perspective of the game, though it did JUST came out yesterday (or the day before that depending on their timezones for it are) so it could change up overtime which it will.
Thank you for the detailed explanations. I am installing it right now, and I will give it a try. The waifus are pretty and my type. The game having a parry system reminds me of wuthering waves. I wonder how it will compare to WW?

I hope I pull a hot girl.
Tl:dr
Dmc with boobs
ngl I never played DMC, mum said it was satanic or something (It would also have been too expensive to me at the time lol)

HltULFP.png

Mamma mia, what the **** is this

Nicole better pop off out of the screen and kiss me with this much storage space

HltULFP.png

Mamma mia, what the **** is this

Nicole better pop off out of the screen and kiss me with this much storage space
It gets compressed into 50GB after you download it, not even genshin which is 4 years already on doesnt take that much space to download

I am now heavily considering buying that hard drive with dozens of terabytes. Modern games are way too heavy.

I will finally play ZZZ tonight. It took so long for the game to download all the assets that I ate dinner before it finished

Zenbros, is the game peak

I will finally play ZZZ tonight. It took so long for the game to download all the assets that I ate dinner before it finished

Zenbros, is the game peak
If you know or have even played DMC, HI3rd, PGR, or even Wuwa and like to parry and not just dodge, it is.

Even more with a cast filled with big breasted chicks, robo and furry hubbies, demon and fox like chicks, biker aesthetic gang, and so on?

Even better OWO

DK where to find the statement on this, but I remember a ZZZ interview that had the producer of ZZZ stating that it's basically its own and that stuff like the name "Belobog" was a coincendence, and that there's no sort of crossover it'll have with the other Hoyoverse games but COULD be open to doing one depending on the future.

Seeing what Sunbringer, Vike (pink haired chick)?, and the other chick with a sword that was her and some knight hulking dude look like, maybe the idea of it could very well come together owo

INB4 Hollow just happens to be Honkai shit but is called as such in ZZZ world

DK where to find the statement on this, but I remember a ZZZ interview that had the producer of ZZZ stating that it's basically its own and that stuff like the name "Belobog" was a coincendence, and that there's no sort of crossover it'll have with the other Hoyoverse games but COULD be open to doing one depending on the future.

Seeing what Sunbringer, Vike (pink haired chick)?, and the other chick with a sword that was her and some knight hulking dude look like, maybe the idea of it could very well come together owo

INB4 Hollow just happens to be Honkai shit but is called as such in ZZZ world

My takes over the this is that the three girls that resembles Kiana, Mei, and Elysia are just a coincidence, they can still be the expies but the connection to the Honkai cosmology aren't exist there

But honestly we'll see

So putting aside some of the goofy stuff that happens that can just gag feats if anything, there are some serious stuff we can maybe consider for future profiles...maybe:
There was also something I remembered mentioned on the Hollow in Chapter 1, about how it opens and can even expand in size too where, to counter it, you either have to kill a large number of Ethereals (like 3k of them) or a really large Ethereal with the equivalent quality of said numbers to kill.

My takes over the this is that the three girls that resembles Kiana, Mei, and Elysia are just a coincidence, they can still be the expies but the connection to the Honkai cosmology aren't exist there

But honestly we'll see
I mean the name of Belobog itself isn't unique either. It's just a coincidence on its naming part so the ones who resemble those three could also be too.

But that's why I always said that knowing Hoyoverse, they COULD end up connecting ZZZ to the Honkai Cosmology while still existing independently of it. That or it just stays this way as is and ZZZ is ultimately its own thing.

So far it is but it did just came out in less than a week so it's hard to say.

As you said, we'll have to see.

Yeah, ZZZ just came out and all in less than a week.

Granted we do have a couple of chapters to start with and everything, and I still haven't seen much of a lot of crazy uber stuff happening, but with things like what the 7 Heroes, the various places besides New Eridu including old Eridu or "Hollow Zero", the chasm, even the moon looking partially corrupted. Even the Ethereals having various types that can prove to be buonkgers like the Dead End Butcher or this one Ethereal like entity we fight in Chap 2.

Things will be powercrept for sure, but it's still too early to call rn.

In other news, ZZZ has made close to $25 mil in just five days since it dropped. Granted half the revenue is from their CN fandom, but it made that much to reach top 10 of this weeks "revenue generator" list, surpassing both GI and HSR even lol.

And quite a number of people still shat on ZZZ thinking it'd fail xD

Feel like once we learn more about the hollow and introducing etherals that can directly manipulate it is when we will get to the big tier, for now it's still "street" level.

Just got done with Chapter 2.

I'd say the writing for the Belobog gang in Chapter 2 is pretty good. Anton's got that super BRO energy going on. Grace is very tech suave but as Ben put it, she's "single as hell" owo. Koleda's pretty strong as a character for someone who has to shoulder the burden of being the President of an entire construction company, and Ben's just that one guy who may look intimidating but is the most logical and reasonable person to talk to. And this is the only one whose a furry (or Thiren, as they seem to refer to non-human/human-like entities with animal traits or otherwise like what Shoukaku is?).

Just like with the rest of Hoyoverse's games, this chapter also gets into some very serious stuff in regards to the Hollow, like the weird non-Ethereal but Ethereal like monster and how the player Proxy got some weird glitch-like effect when their Bangboo made contact with it or just even being in its close proximity. That, and something to do with the previous President of Belobog Industries...

Feats-wise, I kinda think the Belobog gang is pretty strong. Stronger than the Cunning Hares if we're comparing playable story factions by chapters, if not at best pretty comparable. Just like how the Cunning Hares ended up fighting a pretty powerful Ethereal in the form of the Dead End Butcher, we got the Belobog gang taking on that weird Hollow creature that merged itself with three Belobog machines and by the way the cutscenes made them, they were doing pretty alright including Koleda taking a direct hit and getting right back up almost instantly. There's also some of the earlier stuff in it like Anton stopping a construction machine in its path and Ben just OHKO'ing it.

Overall, really liking the story as usual.

Back