• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda Triforce Huge upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not the tier. The hax. Sorry for the kinda clickbait title.

Immagin
This scan is from Hyrule Encyclopedia

We know thanks to this statement ("the Triforce is the ultimate power behind all things") that the TF is the source of "all things", as, unless you believe the TF is below a Wizzrobe in magical ability, or that the Sacred Realm is on Ganon's back, behind here can just mean "source".

We also know it's not referring to creating things as the GGs did that, and it doesn't refer to being just a piece of their power. Writing "ultimate" in a context that implies the GGs wouldn't make the TF "ultimate" anymore.

Ultimate, like every adjective, is relative. I may be the "ultimat student of my class, but compared to every student of my school, I may not be it anymore. But if someone wrote that I'm the ultimate student, he's clearly referring it into a context of my class.

Probably not the best example, you can change "ultimate" with "most educated" or "most intelligent" if you want, it changes nothing.

Using the same example, writing "Ultimate" to describe the Triforce means that in that context there's nothing superior to it.

So the only possible interpretations are that the TF is giving powers to "all things", meaning that these things can use their powers (AKA hax) because the TF gave them the powers themselves.

Also, as a supporting statement, we have the jap intro of SS saying that the TF is universal as in "Relating to or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases." Not in the sense of 3-A. Yeah, I copy-pasted that from google. Source: https://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Th...Baton-of-the-Wind/?postID=5861174#post5861174

Obviously, abilities that come from a character having particular body structure, like the Like-Like's absorption, and other particular ones don't scale.

The below is pretty much accepted:

Now, the ALTTP manual states "The people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic which could repulse even the powers of the Triforce. This mighty weapon became known as the blade of evil's bane, or Master Sword ". While the backstory is wrong, we can't ignore that it states that the MS can resist the powers of the TF, especially given that the magic null part is true.

Ok, but the thing is it would still have to demonstrate those properties against alttp. link for alttp and composite link to get resistances. Im iffy on giving it all those abilities in the first place, will explain why later, but if none of that was ever shown against alttp link, even if ganondorf was assumed to technically have those abilities, he never used them against link and therefore he doesn't necessarily resist.

There are defined limitations for the Dragon Balls, so that's a strawman. I'm neutral about the Triforce gaining all of the abilities, but I do think the Master Sword should gain all of the resistances.

While I don't think it is impossible for the Triforce to have all these abilities, the reasoning of "it is called Omnipotent so it can do anything" is frankly... stupid.

You should only add abilities when it is stated by a trustable source or the feat is shown, not by a vague statement of being all-powerful.

Edit: I do think the statement about the Master Sword resisting the effects of the Triforce are pretty legit though.

Problem is, you could try to play every Zelda game in a marathon, and if you took a shot every time the TF is called omnipotent, you'd fall into an alcohol coma in ALTTP after 5 minutes.

Basically, the TF called omnipotent is constantly reminded to the player in every game it appears.

We don't really use statements of omnipotence. Not only is the concept ill suited to the point of this wiki, with even tier 0s only being questionably omnipotent, but the triforce being omnipotent isn't really consistent either. Something contradicts an omnipotence statement? That takes precedence, not the other way around. Triforce would have to demonstrate all those hax, we can't make such massive upgrades off of statements we already consider flawed.

The TF not being "omnipotent" in its own setting (basically, it's not really omnipotent, but It's considering as such by literally every character of the verse) would contradict the entire plot of the Zelda saga, especially when we have never seen some sort of limitation so far.

Omnipotent Triforce is contradicted by the existence of the GGs and the master sword even being able to work against it. We can't assume that it has a ton of abilities never demonstrated just for being extremely powerful, though I feel like it does legitimately have some of those that you listed regardless. What the Master sword does sounds more like power null to me. As such, Link doesn't get a ton of resists, but his sword being capable of pnulling Triforce means it functions similarly.

Basically, it's like saying that an object that has been called omnipotent by WoG, extremely knowledgeable characters like Deku Tree, Levias and Sahasrahla, Ganon and Demise, who have lived thousands of years and have existed since the creation of the Zelda verse, can't do something that some other character has shown. And omnipotent literally means "can do anything", (omni means all, everything), so the thing should be capable "of doing anything" shown in verse according to all these guys.

Well, they're clearly not correct since it's overpowered by the master sword and obviously the golden goddesses. Pretty sure we don't take omnipotence claims for getting abilities, otherwise Buu would have everyone else's stuff (though with that being dragon ball, it doesn't really give him anything he didn't have besides some minor stuff lol).

TriforcePower1 said:
And omnipotent literally means "can do anything", (omni means all, everything), so the thing should be capable "of doing anything" shown in verse according to all these guys.
Like not caring at all about the Master Sword opposing it?

Also, Ganon lost to Link while he had the complete Triforce

Because Ganon is weak to MS and it made Link resists its effects?

Also, there's a difference between "can do everything" and "nothing can oppose it". Should be noted that the MS is imbued in the three sacred flames of the GG.

It clearly can't do anything if it can't beat the master sword or Link. If it could truly do anything as you say, it would include Ganondorf getting the power to specifically remove any capacity for Link to be a threat. Clearly he can't do that.

Wokistan said:
Well, they're clearly not correct since it's overpowered by the master sword and obviously the golden goddesses. Pretty sure we don't take omnipotence claims for getting abilities, otherwise Buu would have everyone else's stuff (though with that being dragon ball, it doesn't really give him anything he didn't have besides some minor stuff lol).
GGs are an obvious exception. MS counters it, that has very little to do with what TF can do.

It's not just for the omnipotent part, otherwise I'd be with you. It's also because it can grant wishes.

TriforcePower1 said:
Basically, it's like saying that an object that has been called omnipotent by WoG, extremely knowledgeable characters like Deku Tree, Levias and Sahasrahla, Ganon and Demise, who have lived thousands of years and have existed since the creation of the Zelda verse, can't do something that some other character has shown. And omnipotent literally means "can do anything", (omni means all, everything), so the thing should be capable "of doing anything" shown in verse according to all these guys.
Should we also add all these abilities to Odi and Darkseid's pages?

They've been called Omnipotent.

You can't assume one has every power in existence unless they are actually Omnipotent. Just being called Omnipotent is a ludicrous reason to give the Triforce all these abilities.

Wokistan said:
It clearly can't do anything if it can't beat the master sword or Link. If it could truly do anything as you say, it would include Ganondorf getting the power to specifically remove any capacity for Link to be a threat. Clearly he can't do that.
We're talking about hax here. I never tried to say that the TF is truly omnipotent, just that it can do anything shown in verse.

And Ganon was too arrogant to do it (or maybe it's just PIS)

Also, I'm not saying that TF has every hax ever existed, only the ones that appeared in the Zelda verse.

And there's a difference between an "omnipotent" and an "omnipotent" that can grant wishes.

TriforcePower1 said:
Also, I'm not saying that TF has every hax ever existed, only the ones that appeared in the Zelda verse.
And there's a difference between an "omnipotent" and an "omnipotent" that can grant wishes.
That changes nothing.

Just being called Omnipotent is a ludicrous reason to give the Triforce all these abilities.
^ No it doesn't, this still applies.

No, that's not better. We can't just apply abilities to it based on this kind of pure speculation.

The Triforce being considered omnipotent only has to do with its raw power, not any of its abilities.

Ok then. How about we give the triforce every power a user of it has shown? Since by the users are using mere fragments of the real thing.

Lightbuster30 said:
Ok then. How about we give the triforce every power a user of it has shown? Since by the users are using mere fragments of the real thing.
If they use the Triforce to do it? Sure. If they are doing it on their own no

It doesn't change anything though.

"I wish ALTTP Link was reduced to a bloody paste". Would it work? If not, that's definitely a wish not granted.

Still, Master Sword being able to power null the Triforce is quite the feat

MS's imbued of the sacred flames that posses a bit of the essence of the GGs like the TF. More than the TF not being capable of doing everything, is more like the MS can resist something that can do everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back