• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda Triforce Huge upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dark

" the ALTTP manual states "The people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic which could repulse even the powers of the Triforce. This mighty weapon became known as the blade of evil's bane, or Master Sword "

It's in the OP.

The Triforce got split in OoT because Ganon only wanted power, as such that was the piece he got, while the other two went to Link and Zelda. It's all about having a balanced heart, not a good one. And the amount if time between OoT and ALTTP is ridiculously high, meaning that he most likely managed to use it.

TriforcePower1 said:
Sorry for the monstruos delay.
Yes, because that means that the TF is the source of every power in the Zelda verse. When the Twili use soul manip, they use a power that comes to the TF; when Link uses timestop, that's an ability granted by the TF. I seriously can't think of a more explicit statement to make the TF scale to the hax of the verse. It's like the reason Arceus scale to the CT's abilities, but even more radical.

…ÒüôÒéîÒü»ÒüéÒü¬Òüƒµû╣õ║║ÚûôÒü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªÞ¬×ÒéïþÂÖÒüîÒéîÒüƒþë®Þ¬×…

...This is a story you humans have passed down by word of mouth...

…ÒüØÒéîÒü»þ®║ÕëìÒü½ÒüùÒüªþÁÂÕ¥îÒü«µ┐ÇÒüùÒüŵüÉÒéìÒüùÒüäµêªÒüºÒüùÒüƒ…

...it was an unprecedented violently horrible battle...

þ¬üÕªéÕ£░ÒéÆÕë▓ÒéèÒüØÒü«Õº┐ÒéÆþÅ¥ÒüùÒüƒÚ鬵é¬Òü¬ÒéïÕ¡ÿÕ£¿…

Suddenly, the ground broke open and there appeared evil figures

Õ¢╝ÒéëÒü»ÕñºÕ£░Òü½ÞÇàÚüöÒüïÒéëÕ¥«þ¼æÒéÆÕѬÒüäÕÄ╗ÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüÖ

They removed the smiles from the those in the land

Ú鬵é¬Òü¬ÒéïÞÇàÚüöÒü»µú«ÒéÆþä╝Òüìµ│ëÒéƵ׻ÒéëÒüùõ║║ÒéƵ«║ÒéüþÂÜÒüæÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒ

The evil ones burnt the forests, dried the springs, and killed the people

Õ¢╝ÒéëÒü«þø«þÜäÒü»ÒüéÒü«Õ¥íµû╣Òüî…ÕÑ│þÑ×µºÿÒüîÕ«êÒéèÒüùõ©çÞâ¢Òü«Õèø

Their purpose was for the one...the goddess-sama who protected the universal power

õ©çÞâ¢Òü«Õèø…ÒüØÒéîÒü»

The universal power...that was

Õà¿ÒüªÒü«ÚíÿÒüäÒéÆÕà¿ÒüªÒü«µ¼▓µ£øÒéÆÕÅÂÒüêÒüùþÑ×ÒÇàÒüïÒéëÒü«Úü║þöú

A legacy come from the gods, it fulfills all wishes and all desires

Õñ¬ÕÅñÒü«þÑûÒéêÒéèÕÑ│þÑ×µºÿÒüîÕÅùÒüæÒüÄÒüùþ®ÂµÑÁÒü«Õèø…

The ancient goddess-sama received the ultimate power...

ÕÑ│þÑ×µºÿÒü»Ú鬵é¬Òü¬ÞÇàÒüïÒéëõ©çÞâ¢Òü«ÕèøÒéÆÕ«êÒéïþé║

The goddess-sama protected the universal power from the evil ones.

Universal as in "Relating to or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases." Not in the sense of 3-A. Yeah, I copy-pasted that from google.

Another statements that support this. Is this enough, or do I have to look for something else?

This is more like a Creator deity feel moreover than a feel of it being responsible for giving all abilities that everyone in the verse has. As I said before, I agree with the Master Sword resisting the powers it has, though, and as Cal mentioned earlier in the thread, the Triforce should also have Fate Manipulation.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
This is more like a Creator deity feel moreover than a feel of it being responsible for giving all abilities that everyone in the verse has. As I said before, I agree with the Master Sword resisting the powers it has, though, and as Cal mentioned earlier in the thread, the Triforce should also have Fate Manipulation.
Creator deities still get the powers of what they create.

The Everlasting said:
I'm still not seeing any evidence that the TF has every power in the verse.
It's stated to be the source of every power of the verse. And just saying that it doesn't get their abilities is just wrong. Arceus gets the powers of CT, Galactus those of Silver Surfer and I can go on. This is the same, just on a much wider scale. There's very little to discuss here.

Creator deities don't always get the powers of the things that they create. The only example of this I can think of is Arceus, and that's because everything in the verse is just a part of the original spirit that he is. They're all basically just him breaking a piece of himself off and tossing it.

Galactus gets all of the powers of Silver Surfer because all pf Silver Surfer's powers are done by the Power Cosmic and Galactus gave him the Power Cosmic and can use it better than he can.

What you're proposing is that the Triforce can wish abilities that it hasn't been shown to use because unrelated people in the verse who can do them without the Triforce are capable of doing them.

And as brought up earlier, it wouldn't even make sense that the Triforce is what gave all of these abilities, because it wouldn't make sense for it to give the Master Sword the ability to resist all of the abilities of the Triforce.

Because it wouldn't make sense for the TF to be the source of things. That's not even a thing. And even if that was true, it would extend to their abilities.

That is a thing, how would that not be a thing? And it wouldn't extend to abilities. What if the abilities were created by them? That's like saying a mother of a thousand children can perform all of their abilities and should have all of the abilities of their technology and equipment, too, just because she birthed them.

Because we know that the GGs were the ones that created things.

The "it's the Ultimate power behind all things" can only mean that it's the source of their powers (notice how he describes the TF as being a "power").

Because writing "ultimate" implying it to be a part of something bigger wouldn't make the thing "ultimate" anymore.

Ultimate, like every adjective, is relative. I may be the "ultimate" student of my class, but compared to every student of my school, I may not be it anymore. But if someone wrote that I'm the ultimate student, he's clearly referring it into a context of my class.

Probably not the best example, you can change "ultimate" with "most educated" or "most intelligent" if you want, it changes nothing.

All I know is this thread got hakai'd even though I voted for Link and my arguments for Link had appeared before it got hakai'd even though no grace period had passed, as well as TP1's...

• ahem*
Sorry, dude, if you could at least show us many haxes from the series and prove most of them can be used with the Triforce, this would be more credible, but "omnipotent" statements really don't say much.

Okay, maybe I just suck at explaining myself ovo.

We know thanks to this statement ("the Triforce is the ultimate power behind all things") that the TF is the source of "all things", as, unless you believe the TF is below a Wizzrobe in magical ability, or that the Sacred Realm is on Ganon's back, behind here can just mean "source". We also know it's not referring to creating things as the GGs did that, and I've already explained above why the GGs aren't directly involved in this feat. So the only possible interpretations are that the TF is giving powers to "all things", meaning that these things can use their powers (AKA hax) because the TF gave them the powers themselves.

I've stopped using the omnipotent statement.

I see.

Well, since denying that "the universal power" means the power of all things would necessarily make the Triforce 3-A for that's the only other option, the Triforce should indeed have Power Bestowal and all powers, and so should anyone who equips it.

And now we're even, but there are, uh... less than seven votes to any of the sides? :p (I know this only applies to battles, but it felt funny.)

Agree; 2 (Mand21, AshenCrow777, and technically me)

Disagree: 1/3 (Hadou, maybe Ever and Cal [Cal just agreed with Ever, and Ever's only argument is "no"])

TriforcePower1 said:
Arceus gets the powers of CT, Galactus those of Silver Surfer and I can go on. This is the same, just on a much wider scale. There's very little to discuss here.
This is not the same. Arceus and Galactus get them because they have shown they can use said powers. And in Arceus' case, it is still debated if it should have then. Expanding even more on Arceus, he also gets them because he created the trio from himself. Not at all comparable and I still agree with Ever.

You realize that Ever's whole argument is just him saying "no" without any explanation whatsoever, right?

Also, that's not even a minor point, and I've already acknowledged that the examples were wrong.

The whole argument is that the arguments you've made aren't enough to warrant said upgrade, to which I agree.

"The triforce is the ultimate power behind all things", yet Majora exists.

Everlasting makes a good point that didn't really require much explanation. It's a simple speculation =/= fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back